RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Let’s go next time it’s in Texas and we’ll shoot guns!
I've done archery before. Shot a foam meerkat in the crotch from fifty feet, punctuated by me turning to the group and saying "That meerket.... will never be a father."

I think it was the highest achievement of my entire life.

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Finally its in the UK I will be spending the weekend up in Manchester then! :D

Floating Cloud

Space Marshal
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Floating_Cloud
This will be my first Con. Do you have some tips/recomendations for newcomers?
General advice:
  • Be sure to arrange beforehand to tie up with people. Cons are more fun in company. Test Squadron T-Shirts are available for easy identification :)
  • Book hotel early.
  • Be sure to check out the local attractions (are there any Manchester natives who can guide us?)

Links:

Test Squadron T-Shirt:

Food:
  • Rudy's Pizza is awesome (possibly the best pizza base that you will ever have).
    • Location 1 - 2 minute walk from convention centre (Map)
    • Location 2 - 20 minute walk from the convention centre. Worth it. (Map). If it's full then Seven Bro7hers opposite apparently does a mean burger and beer.

Beer:
  • Beer - I'm a huge fan of Brew Dog, which is oh so close, and open until 2AM on Saturday. I have heard good things about Seven Bro7hers (20 minutes walk), but Manchester has so many other great drinking holes. Perhaps a native could suggest somewhere close, roomy and good for Beer and Food that we could use as an alternate rallying/recovery point?

Train/Tram:
  • Manchester Deansgate is the closest train station, 10 minute walk (Map)
  • Metrolink Tram runs right past the convention centre (closest stop looks to be St Peter's Square - 3 minute walk). Tram Network Map for anyone using it to get to/from hotel

Hotels:
  • Book early to avoid disappointment (Map)

Last edited:

Crimsontarget

Captain
May 31, 2018
RSI Handle
Crimsontarget
Is anyone else travelling to Manchester from the south coast. I'm heading out from Bournemouth and can't decide best travel plan. Flight from Southampton might be most cost effective somehow.

Forgot your password?