Clive Johnson CIG talks about the current 30k issues.

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
“When did you back this game”
“2012”
“It’s still in alpha?”
“Yeah, but What they’ve built is amazing, remember how long Gmail was an alpha?”
Proceeds to float out of the Carrack and hover above the ground.
I've had so many issues the last few patches I just get frustrated and log out. At least they say they're addressing the aUEC reset issue in 3.9.1, that one has been painful. At least this last time I kept my inventory and ships.

But that problem you had there, I figured out a workaround, at least it works in a Freelancer or Connie Aquila (I haven't tried the Carrack this patch. Not enough aUEC to fill it's toilet yet) As you float around, I figured out that you can fly through your ship. If you can, just fly close to a seat and click on it to sit. Once seated, all's good again (at least it was for me).

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
Clive Johnson gettin' real

CIG doesn't owe us anything

yet
I don't think this could have been said any better. If backers cant handle the heat get out of the heat. My machine sucks for SC and i know that instead of punishing myself and complaining i just dont play and wait until the final build is done so i know what to base my next system on.

• o7
Reactions: Phil and maynard

Han Burgundy

Space Marshal
Jan 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Han-Burgundy
Sounds like a good title for your next book!
"Disappointed beyond measure" is actually the title of my father's autobiography, so it's already taken I'm afraid. I WILL be publishing my first book here soon though. The Stranger from Meclan FIND IT ON AMAZON (...eventually)

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
"Disappointed beyond measure" is actually the title of my father's autobiography, so it's already taken I'm afraid. I WILL be publishing my first book here soon though. The Stranger from Meclan FIND IT ON AMAZON (...eventually)
I thought you already had made an Ebook on amazon once before like 1 or 2 years ago that was for free or something. Yeah let us know when your book comes out for sure. @Printimus for sure will feature it in his monthly book reads.

Han Burgundy

Space Marshal
Jan 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Han-Burgundy
I thought you already had made an Ebook on amazon once before like 1 or 2 years ago that was for free or something. Yeah let us know when your book comes out for sure. @Printimus for sure will feature it in his monthly book reads.
I did indeed write a Star Citizen Novel, but I couldn't sell it because the IP wasn't mine. So it's not on Amazon, but it IS still up here: The Aimless Expedition

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
I suspect it has to do with some a specific gameplay loop.

I do a lot of bounty hunting and have not had much issue.

Are you trading a lot?
Yes I mostly do cargo runs, I don't do a lot of combat. The issue for me has been like this 90% of the time, log in, retrieve ship, go to ship, select mission or sometimes I just like to go sight seeing, usually a cargo box mission, set course and then either right as I hit my destination or right after I pick up the box and head towards the drop off area wham 30k lol. So after 10-15 min of gameplay I usually give up after the initial 30k, I used to attempt more tries but there was this one time I had 6 in one day and I just gave up retrying after that. I also only play on U.S. servers which may be the reason as well, I should prolly leave it on best but even then it usually doesn't matter.

I have also had issues with my map, not sure if its just me but the locations are not on the planet surface for some reason they are offset and I cant click on them.

One day I was landing at Hurston in my Aquila, all of a sudden the Wind Boss spun my shit around and I couldn't land, so I made a dash to the landing pad the entire time my ships doing 180s and 360s and 1020s whatever that is, I get into the dock leave my seat and rush out the cargo bay and somehow survived lol, 2 days later go to retrieve my ship it shows up on the pad pretty much missing 50% of hits hull and exterior lol. I had to fly to 3 different locations to get it to claim right.

To me, these are bugs, I really don't complain about the Wind Boss or ships not appearing right, I understand these issues, but to me the 30k issue isn't simply some bug that affects some people some of the time, this is an issue that kicks everyone off the server and it does it repeatedly, to simply write it off as some alpha glitch to me is not acceptable its larger than that and I have a feeling they don't want the real issue to be known.

Reactions: Bambooza

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
Heh, funny you mention the book club as i was just thinking about it today as well. I think the lack of interest has killed it off. Plus, now that I am back in the US and have a real boy job, I have limited availability.

Han Burgundy

Space Marshal
Jan 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Han-Burgundy
Heh, funny you mention the book club as i was just thinking about it today as well. I think the lack of interest has killed it off. Plus, now that I am back in the US and have a real boy job, I have limited availability.
Reading?! What am I? A chemist?

Reactions: Printimus

DontTouchMyHoHos

Space Marshal
Apr 4, 2015
RSI Handle
DontTouchMyHoHos
It is still an alpha product and logically I agree with the above.

I see both sides of this though and asking people to remain enthusiastic about a product which is regularly broken is a tall order.

The community which wants a stable game is also the source of income for the games development. Not addressing stability is far more efficient, but also bites the hand which feeds.
If the hand feeds demanding return of what they want knowing there is a sign saying you will not get things in return if you feed then its their fault. Its like giving money to homeless person and expecting them to pay it back.

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
bah you no longer in spain? you need to come to japan!
All jokes aside i think if you enjoyed putting it together you should keep doing it there are people who do read your post but are silent (Lurkers) that take your advice.

Reactions: Printimus

August

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Aug 27, 2018
RSI Handle
August-TEST
If the hand feeds demanding return of what they want knowing there is a sign saying you will not get things in return if you feed then its their fault. Its like giving money to homeless person and expecting them to pay it back.
No it’s not like that, it’s more like if someone gave a homeless person money for food and they spent it on wine, then the giver may choose to not gift the homeless person with any more money.

Reactions: Tei

DontTouchMyHoHos

Space Marshal
Apr 4, 2015
RSI Handle
DontTouchMyHoHos
No it’s not like that, it’s more like if someone gave a homeless person money for food and they spent it on wine, then the giver may choose to not gift the homeless person with any more money.
Except the homeles person states before hand they may or may not spend it the way you want them to before you give it to them.

Reactions: Bambooza
Forgot your password?