Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
Although some might not get the memo i guess
LMFAO I didn't get the note, but yeah, Discord was a big disaster. Eventually I was able to get on discord on my phone. Tablet, PC all a no-go.

We also have another option. If anybody remembers, a while ago Guilded got promoted in TEST. It was buggy, took long loading times, maybe too much Alpha for big audience. In the mean time, Guilded got disconnected from Discord, got a lot slimmer and got a nice nee feature: voice chat

The Guilded voice chat has hierarchic chat rooms:
  • You can obviously chat in your current room
  • You can broadcast to your current room and its sub rooms
  • You can whisper to contacts
It might be still too Alpha for the big audience, but for sure it works better then Discord yesterday.

In game voice chat also would be an option, but it has a few cons. If you didn't set it up, it doesn't work. It is in game, so it doesn't give me overview. In Discord and Guilded, which I run on a separate display, I can see who is present, I can divide teams visual, I know who is in which team. If not familiar voices speak, I can see who is talking, despite the fact that they maybe forgot to use their short to identify the speaker.

CFT is an open event, which means that every week an unknown amount of people attend. Some are new, some have some experience. This means that before the event a mission has to be defined. You know what you want to train, you must give the training goal a mission, you must inform before the event what you want to do in form of mission briefing.
At the start of the event you start to form up, fixing RSI contacts, make a party, hope that everybody is able to join the instance, try to add people to the party during the event, make sure that everybody is at the same place, divide the teams again, because off course the planned amount of attendees is never the same as the actual present attendees.
A lot of work and worries before the event even has started. A bit of overview is very helpful to get everything organized.

Therefor we, the CFT Flight Leaders are very pleased that attendees have fun during the event and learn something: working as a team.

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
Hmm guilded is not a new name in my mind, but i can't recall if I ever used it... mayt be some remembrance of someone naming it into the forum...
From what you describe it seams a better alternative to discord functionality wise, we could use it as a backup voice chat for event and normal game.

On my side I could add that in-game voice chat seams to couse problem: I was constantly freezing with "non responding..." status in the task manager for StarCitizen, both during loading screen or gameplay or simple menu openign to tweek the voice chat settings.
I suppose this is due to the lack of optimization of the feature: it increase the CPU usage over the point my old i5-6600 can hold (just a speculation, not really verify), discord seeams to be much better optimized and don't stress the CPU so much (olso since don't need to process the voice for the helmet or the adio effects..).

Reactions: marcsand2

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
@SerenityOne I was glad that you selected the Bucket. It gave me a fighting chance against you and @Cherokeedog. If I'm evading incoming fire from my main target, I'm vulnerable for the incoming fire from the 2nd target, so it is highest priority to even the odds. My cockpit was a BBQ. I barely made it out alive 🍻

Cherokeedog

Admiral
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
Cherokeedog
@SerenityOne I was glad that you selected the Bucket. It gave me a fighting chance against you and @Cherokeedog. If I'm evading incoming fire from my main target, I'm vulnerable for the incoming fire from the 2nd target, so it is highest priority to even the odds. My cockpit was a BBQ. I barely made it out alive 🍻
Did a pretty good job at gettin' wrecked last night. Promise not to make a habit out of it. Not sure how happy Serenity was about my performance, but at least he was...serene...hehe.

You guys doin' any combat training sessions? As in one on one maneuvers and stuff.

Last edited:
Reactions: SerenityOne

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
Did a pretty good job at gettin' wrecked last night. Promise not to make a habit out of it. Not sure how happy Serenity was about my performance, but at least he was...serene...hehe.
That was the nature of your wing, a Bucket and a Cutty? 1 vs 2 is not favorable. When you focus on one ship, the other is able to wreck you. The Cutty has a lot off wrecking power, but also a lot of surface. Therefor it is the primary target and hope that the Bucket doesn't do too much wrecking until you get time to deal with it 😉

You guys doin' any combat training sessions? As in one on one maneuvers and stuff.
Depends on the demand. This year after spring, CFT participation got lower and PU wasn't a good fighting ground. Then I switched to AC to keep it interesting. For example yesterday, 18 people singed up, 3 flight leads, 8 T1 pilots, 7 airmen.
In order to do 1 vs 1, 1 flight lead on 3 pilots is a good mix. You don't equip the most lethal weapons, so pilots have an option to do maneuvering. You can point out weaknesses. 2 pilots fighting, 2 pilots waiting. If you make the groups too big, then waiting times increase... not good

Last edited:
Reactions: Cherokeedog

SerenityOne

Commander
Nov 15, 2019
RSI Handle
SerenityOne

You did well mate, so no worries there. I think the main thing to take away from CFT is Brevity. The rest will come with practice. There a few good video sources on YouTube that are worth checking out- Legacy Instructional Series being one of them, that should give some exercises to work on(barrel role is a nice evasive one)

SerenityOne

Commander
Nov 15, 2019
RSI Handle
SerenityOne
Yea..The big shield hole on the front isn't doing me any favours :D But it was a good fight, il get you next time :D now that iv settled on my fleet I think I just got to get used to my ships now :)

Cherokeedog

Admiral
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
Cherokeedog
Depends on the demand. This year after spring, CFT participation got lower and PU wasn't a good fighting ground. Then I switched to AC to keep it interesting. For example yesterday, 18 people singed up, 3 flight leads, 8 T1 pilots, 7 airmen.
Well, if you something of that sort again, I'll appreciate a howl. If I'm on during the week, it's usually about the same hour we had the CFT last night.

You did well mate, so no worries there. I think the main thing to take away from CFT is Brevity. The rest will come with practice. There a few good video sources on YouTube that are worth checking out- Legacy Instructional Series being one of them, that should give some exercises to work on(barrel role is a nice evasive one)
Watched some videos. Practice is what's killin' me. Literally. But I ain't worried. Next time we do this, I'll stick my hand out the window and pop that firearm I keep draggin' around. It'll make a huge difference.

Tei

Captain
Dec 8, 2019
RSI Handle
TeiwazWolf
On my side I could add that in-game voice chat seams to couse problem: I was constantly freezing with "non responding..." status in the task manager for StarCitizen, both during loading screen or gameplay or simple menu openign to tweek the voice chat settings.
I had the same issue on Friday, I joined in-game chat after I saw your message, just after I said something my game crashed....

I'm up for some AC dogfighting training, give me a shout on Discord when you see me in-game.

SerenityOne

Commander
Nov 15, 2019
RSI Handle
SerenityOne
I had the same issue on Friday, I joined in-game chat after I saw your message, just after I said something my game crashed....

I'm up for some AC dogfighting training, give me a shout on Discord when you see me in-game.
Only issue I see with AC, if your training for the PU, it behaves a lot differently in terms of how fights are done. Not only that but weapons have different damage values etc. But either way I am down to join you guys if need more peeps :)

Reactions: Tei
Forgot your password?