Destination: PORT OLISAR
Required:
  • TEST armor (yellow/black)
  • Black armor
  • Weapons
  • Medipack
Goal:
  • Brevity use during session.
  • Flight in wing formation till engagement.
  • Dogfight / FPS

For AIRMAN (first time with us) we will provide basic training, which means brevity, formation and protocol. It is important that pilots knows what is expected from them during a fight.

Before the event starts, we will gather in TEST Discord #CFT Briefing channel, 20:00 UTC.
During the briefing everybody needs to go to the main menu.
Everybody stays in the main menu until they get a party invite.
Kindly wear official TEST ARMOR, fit at least 1 weapon, medpacks, oxigen,...
Further instructions will be given in the TEST Discord #CFT Briefing channel.

Check your local time:

Last edited:

Rear_Intruder

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 9, 2017
RSI Handle
Rear_Intruder
I will log in around 1930 UTC and try to make contact. I have an appointment 2005hrs UTC-2015hrs UTC.
Do not delay things for me I will try to catch up later.

Jabus

Captain
Dec 4, 2019
RSI Handle
Jabus
Here's what I captured from today's 2 CFT's. First one went poorly as the game killed the power to my 325a, so i ran in my bucc. But things went better once the TEST Flying Banana (TM) came back out. Then some after mission fun from 3rd person.

Also how do you guys feel about video length? I kind want to make them short 5 minute videos but it feels like I cut out a lot even with this one being 12.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRtubIt9SXI

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
Great event yesterday, really something to do again!
Just some consideration about balancing the force: having an unbalance of fighter on one side and groud troop on the other reaally make the event totally un-balance one way or the other.
The first run was too much smoooth for the attaching team: we hardly have any resistance while extracting the VIP, and event in the air while escaping the only annoyancce was the mantis preventig us to QT, not a real treat.
On the second one our wing suppoort just got blown away in a blink of an eye, at at that point the mission was virtually over since event if we had manage to take the VIP on-board and skid-up we willa be easily take down by the enemy fighter while the mantis prevent us to escape via QT.

A more balance force with the same number of air and ground troop on both side will imporve the fun: with a balance air combat and a good opposing force for the ground rescue team.

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
Balance is a hard point to achieve, even with equal size teams. One skilled pilot or a good organized group can easily tip the scale. Even weapons don't matter that much. Take the fight between @seriousseriouspunch and me, a while ago, after CFT. We both used sledges and better components. Still the fight took a long time. Tei claimed that it was longer then 10 minutes. I didn't had any notice of time.

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
Good training session. That sneaky self destruct move was sneaky. Should have shot the dude when I had the chance.
Well we all have done some error there...
I've should have lock the ramp and the ship up when we disembark AND leave someone to keep the ship secured to prevent someone to get in adn eventually kill us while on the escape...
Let's be honest: our second run was a disaster.... lack of air support, bad on-groud plannig (I take responsability for that part...) and poor coordination while moving on ground....
we need more training... and beer... I go to grab one...

Forgot your password?