Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
CFT EVENT - MODEL 3.png

COMMANDING OFFICER: IcaroSP
Start Location: TEST Discord #CFT Briefing channel
Gathering time: 20:00 UTC
Brief: Training focused on Player vs Player PvP.

Start Location: PU PORT OLISAR
Start time: 20:15 UTC

Destination: PORT OLISAR
Required:
  • TEST armor (yellow/black)
  • Black armor
  • Weapons
  • Medipack
Goal:
  • Brevity use during session.
  • Flight in wing formation till engagement.
  • Bomber - Fighter - FPS

For AIRMAN (first time with us) we will provide basic training, which means brevity, formation and protocol. It is important that pilots knows what is expected from them during a fight.

Before the event starts, we will gather in TEST Discord #CFT Briefing channel, 20:00 UTC.
During the briefing everybody needs to go to the main menu.
Everybody stays in the main menu until they get a party invite.
Kindly wear official TEST ARMOR, fit at least 1 weapon, medpacks, oxygen,...
Further instructions will be given in the TEST Discord #CFT Briefing channel.

Check your local time:

Hyde

Commander
Apr 19, 2019
RSI Handle
Hyding
For armor ... any preference on Light/Medium/Heavy? (ie, fast move recon gear vs balanced vs slow but more damage soak)? For either the Test color set or black set.

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
For armor ... any preference on Light/Medium/Heavy? (ie, fast move recon gear vs balanced vs slow but more damage soak)? For either the Test color set or black set.
no preference, whatever armor you prefer. The armor isn't always required, but to be safe, make sure that you have them always available.

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
For my experiience I'll suggest a medium armor: light are good for enviroments, but in a firefight they offer close to none protection.
Medium armor are a good compromise betheween mobility and protection, for me they are the go-to armor.... but I aalso have an heavy one for boarding operation... you'll never know..

As Marcans sayd 'tho, in CFT is unlike you'll end up needing them, if you have limited found and need ot choose betheween an armor or a ship componet go for the second one

Reactions: marcsand2

Hyde

Commander
Apr 19, 2019
RSI Handle
Hyding
Thanks. Credit wise I'm fine, no worries there, just figured I'd check before buying another outfit (I always have a black and yellow set, full black I don't usually grab).

Reactions: marcsand2

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
Heavy helmet and body armor, light leg and arm armor, that would be a nice combination, but I'm not a great FPS guy. Sometimes I end up last man standing of my team, but that is not because of my FPS skills but more due to carefully approaching instead of rushing in.

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
Well, credits/armor weren't an issue ... then wipe :)
Oopppsss.... I feal like I call for it...
well time to start the grinding process again.... :(
4 Claimjumper missions. Enough cash for new armor and FPS weapons. Weirdly there are almost no mining ships around the turret-satellites anymore. I only killed 2 of them. To get better ship weapons, another 6 - 8 claimjumper missions.

Tei

Captain
Dec 8, 2019
RSI Handle
TeiwazWolf
It was fun tonight, we did AC Squadron battles.

Serious have mad skills.

First battle:
ScreenShot0094.jpg

Second:
ScreenShot0095.jpg

Then we started to have issues, first crashes and disconnections, eventually 3 on out team had black screen since beginning of fight.
ScreenShot0097.jpg
Commiting suicide worked for me, but did not helped Serious and he continues third match in third person, still managing some kills ;)

Chungus also had a great third match:
ScreenShot0099.jpg

I defininitelly need to practice more dogfighting.... anyone wants to mentor me? ;)

placid

Commander
Donor
Nov 27, 2019
RSI Handle
Placid09
This was my first time using a HOTAS. I really liked it, but there's much to learn, especially muscle memory. I wish there was a way to save your primary/secondary gun choices though, having it reset every death isn't viable.

Tei

Captain
Dec 8, 2019
RSI Handle
TeiwazWolf
Yeah, I really hope son we will be able to save ship configs, also need to change wepon groups every respawn.

Jabus

Captain
Dec 4, 2019
RSI Handle
Jabus
Yeah, I really hope son we will be able to save ship configs, also need to change wepon groups every respawn.
First time trying my banana 325a (yellow test ship armor). First round I realized I had gimbals on and I was sitting off center accidentally. At least that is my excuse. Had a much better second round and was feeling good about myself.

Until Daddy absolutely rely me with no remorse game 3. Single handedly retired my banana and will go back to the Buccaneer after that obliteration lol.

Also Tei! I loved your maneuvering around the asteroids in the first match, I think you were doing that on purpose and it was very good. Tried to follow around but still scrapped a few rocks doing so.

Reactions: Tei

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
This was my first time using a HOTAS. I really liked it, but there's much to learn, especially muscle memory. I wish there was a way to save your primary/secondary gun choices though, having it reset every death isn't viable.
You are not alone in that wish...
in AC will also be nice to have the ability to rent multiple coopy of the item: you can set a ship within AC menu now, unless you'll like to fly with 3 different weapons...

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
I wish there was a way to save your primary/secondary gun choices though, having it reset every death isn't viable.
I assign all guns to my right trigger, but with some ships like the Delta, I split rockets to left, guns to right.
I change the bindings with a pp_rebind script. That even lasts after respawn ;)

Forgot your password?