[CONCERN] with realism in video games

hardroc77

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 27, 2015
RSI Handle
hardroc77
I have very limited knowledge about VPNs, but I use TunnelBear. It's really easy to use and their marketing team did this:

When I was deciding which one to buy, I remember my top 3 were TunnelBear, ExpressVPN and NordVPN. The other two were better for pro users (also a bit more expensive), but the bear mascot was too hard to pass on.
Thanks for the info. I'll give 'em a look see.

Reactions: supitza

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
There's a fine line between simplifying something and making it easy to use.
Yes there can be. A developer can go overboard on each too, so something can be simple, but incredibly hard to use, or complex but incredibly easy to use.

You mentioned WOW earlier. That is actually something that is simple, but can be incredibly hard to use. To see what I mean, just take a look at the DPS statistics for the same class of character at level 110, for the same gear, same talent build, and same item-level. Obviously there's something going on when one player can have over 2 million DPS, and another player with the identical build cannot do half of that even during a burst. Some of that is preparation and their level of aggression, but don't discount the rotation they're using. Even expert theory crafters can get it wrong (Right Icy-veins?)

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
Yes there can be. A developer can go overboard on each too, so something can be simple, but incredibly hard to use, or complex but incredibly easy to use.

You mentioned WOW earlier. That is actually something that is simple, but can be incredibly hard to use. To see what I mean, just take a look at the DPS statistics for the same class of character at level 110, for the same gear, same talent build, and same item-level. Obviously there's something going on when one player can have over 2 million DPS, and another player with the identical build cannot do half of that even during a burst. Some of that is preparation and their level of aggression, but don't discount the rotation they're using. Even expert theory crafters can get it wrong (Right Icy-veins?)
Yes, you're right. WoW is easy to learn, difficult to master.

Forgot your password?