Control Setup

Speedkills

Admiral
Oct 4, 2016
RSI Handle
Speedkills
I was curious what everyone used to play Star Citizen. I currently use a Saitek x52 Pro, but I'm considering going to a dual joystick setup for better throttle / strafe control.

Keyboard / mouse, x55 HOTAS, regular flight stick, dual joysticks? Why? How is your experience with your setup, including ease of use?

Reactions: AstroSam

Carlos Spicyweiner

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 14, 2015
RSI Handle
DMGunslinger
I was using two T16000Ms, but I switched to a TM Warthog HOTAS. The only gripe I had with the T16000Ms was keeping the 10 million buttons straight in combat. I was constantly ejecting or initiating the self-destruct when all I wanted to do was go to cruise or lower the landing gear. Now I do the same thing with the switches on the HOTAS, but it feels more "piloty"(just made that word up).

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
I have an xbox elite controller and a X56 HOTAS, but i mainly play with M/K for now....until there is something to do other than combat.

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
I use Warthog HOTAS and rudder pedals for flight, combined the throttle with a G13 fore better strafe control. For EVA foot I use G13 and mouse but still learning. I also tried HOSAS, works great for flight!!! Now I'm waiting for the Warthog left hand conversion kit.

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
Reactions: Kneeyul

Bruttle

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 20, 2016
RSI Handle
Bruttle
I use dual t16000 sticks for flight, razer naga and orbweaver for fps, and a cm storm quickfire tk keyboard for everything else. Regardless of the activity, I usually keep a minimal amount of keybindings on whatever peripheral I am using. There are a ton of keybinds in this game. Most of them, you won't need very often. Or at least, when you do need them, you have all the time in the world (like landing gear, request landing, Q travel, etc.). So I keep most bindings on the keyboard to avoid confusion.

I have done full keybinding layouts, but I found that I still would use the keyboard for many of them. It can get confusing and most things you won't really need in combat. That being said, I am still working my way into more and more keybindings. So the amount changes over time as I find I use them more or less often.

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
For flight I use HOSASOT :grin: HandsOnStickAndStickOrThrottle. Everything essential for combat on both sticks: pitch, yaw, strafe, boost/afterburner, fire, missiles, countermeasures, targeting and shield. Throttle, digital strafe, flight modes, landing, eject and self destruct on throttle.

Forgot your password?