Coop Mining, very cool.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Already got it!

Haha, awesome! @Black Sunder and a few of us were theorycrafting this exact thing when the Prospector went on sale back in 2016. Sweet!
I don't think they should allow mining coops. The chickens need them and they're really harmless. Why can't you go mine your own busini. . .

What? Oh.

Nevermind.
Hahaha, it's all good Reaper, my mind has flown the coop as well. ;)

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
So, I guess they were right when they said the Orion will have the most powerful gun in the verse.
Short range and high time-to-kill. Might be powerful but slooooooow.

EDIT - As mining lasers bust rocks by pushing energy into them, wouldn't it be perverse if using a mining laser on a ship made its shields STRONGER!

Last edited:

Takeiteasy

Admiral
May 21, 2017
RSI Handle
Takeiteasy
how about, ships with more than one laser drill?
Hah! You must live on planet cuckoo that can't possibly be a thing.

Until I came up with it that is!

I'm a genius you see who can create such amazing ships which have more than one mining laser... as I just did.

I call it "The double mining laser ship".

Reactions: Blind Owl

Zookajoe

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 6, 2016
RSI Handle
Zookajoe
Mining update:

To mine a 3,232 mass rock, that consists of 8% diamond and 23% Quartz, and with a resistance of .73 and instability of .99, I had to have my laser actually touching the rock at 100% power to get it to a point of fracture. Got away with it once, but on the second rock, with 70% full bags, it blew up and totally destroyed my ship. *sniff* It would have been my best haul yet....

Yup, two Prospectors would have made it easier and safer. That overcharge hits at that close of a range and you are toast.

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
The more prospectors you use on a rock the more resolution (and therefore safety) you get on the power band. Brilliant way of making mining more coop even with 1 man ships!

Forgot your password?