Coronavirus COVID-19 Thread

Aramsolari

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2019
RSI Handle
AramSolari
Out of options in the sense that his lungs are so screwed up and there is no fixing that.

and... he dead.

View attachment 21243
Interesting how these 'Freedom Defenders' always look at bit on the high end of the BMI scale.

The sad thing is that at the end of the day, his 'protests' would have been for naught. In a couple of weeks, nobody besides his immediate friends and family will remember him. Meanwhile he's leaving behind a wife and kids for....absolutely...NOTHING. I really find it hard to feel bad for guys like him when hospitals are still dealing with other ailments. People are still having heart attacks, strokes, cancer, etc. These selfish guys are taking up valuable space and resources at hospital ICUs.

My partner is currently dealing with Covid deniers and anti vaxx patients at her Covid ward and it's taxing. They're in denial that they have Covid and go out of their way to make things hard for people who are trying to save them. Some of these bastards even curse at the nurses/doctors and spit at them (I'm not joking).

Obesity, diabetes, preexisting respiratory issues, immuno compromised, etc. If you have any of these....get the damn shot or at the very least wear a mask. Respect the health care professionals who have no ulterior motives and only want the best for you and your family.

I'm so tired of guys like this douchebag. It seems like at least one of these high profile Anti-masker/vaxxers die every week. Fuck your freedom and liberties, you're not being oppressed.

Last edited:

Aramsolari

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2019
RSI Handle
AramSolari
This is why the Meal Team Six type of meme names exist.
That's just it though. I don't really like pointing out peoples' physical attributes like their appearance or their weight. God knows a lot of us sedentary gamers often fall in the relevant physical categories. I have friends who I love dearly who are obese and/or diabetic, often to no fault of their own due to genetics or glandular issues.

That said, Covid19 does strike people who are bigger and/or diabetic. You really ought not to be front and center of an anti-Mask/Vaxx movement if you're in the demographic that can get hit the hardest. I dunno...makes sense right?

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
I dunno...makes sense right?
It does make sense. But for some people this is an affront to their world view. Like at Yellowstone National Park, people will park next to the big DO NOT FEED THE BEARS signs, feeding the bares. A park ranger once said it this way: "There is a big overlap between the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists."

It's sad, but the overlap seems to extend all the way down to virus's.

Last edited:

stockish

Space Marshal
Nov 24, 2018
RSI Handle
Stockish
That's just it though. I don't really like pointing out peoples' physical attributes like their appearance or their weight. God knows a lot of us sedentary gamers often fall in the relevant physical categories. I have friends who I love dearly who are obese and/or diabetic, often to no fault of their own due to genetics or glandular issues.

That said, Covid19 does strike people who are bigger and/or diabetic. You really ought not to be front and center of an anti-Mask/Vaxx movement if you're in the demographic that can get hit the hardest. I dunno...makes sense right?
I fully agree, some people have a predisposition they have no control of and sinking to the level of being an asshole about it isn't how you earn your fellow Earthicans respect. But it is always odd to see at least 90% of the anti-whatevers fit into that stereotype.

It does make sense. But for some people this is an affront to their world view. Like at Yellowstone National Park, people will park next to the big DO NOT FEED THE BEARS signs, feeding the bares. A park ranger once said it this way: "There is a big overlap between the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists."

It's sad, but the overlap seems to extend all the way down to virus's.
Having worked in retail and the automotive fields, my faith in humanity was decimated because of stuff like that. There is a reason why warranties and such exist along with warning signs. But like I have heard before, there is always a bigger idiot.

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
Out of options in the sense that his lungs are so screwed up and there is no fixing that.

and... he dead.

View attachment 21243
A surprising number of people seem to think that they can still get the vaccine & it will do something for them AFTER they have contracted COVID. Sadly, that is not the case, you gotta get the vaccine first...

Yup, once your lungs are gone (or any major organ), the rest of the body is just along for the (very brief) ride.

LurchLord

Space Marshal
Apr 30, 2016
RSI Handle
LurchLord
I don't like how this is making me feel.
I am getting so tired of waiting for all those genetic errors, those evolutionary cul-de-sacs, to finally go extinct.
I am at a point where every little bit of empathy is gone. Used up. Lost.
It is no longer the virus. We could all have our life back by now.
I don't like how this is making me feel.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
COVID Catharsis Corner - Reports from around the world from today, Sunday 29th of August:

- World: 216,290,483 confirmed cases and 4,499,262 confirmed deaths.

- UK: COVID rates are 26 times higher than they were this time last year. “This time last year, the ONS estimated that 28,200 people in England were infected. That is the equivalent of one person in 1,900 being infected with Covid-19. [the current rate is one in 70 people] That means that community infections are 26 times more common now than they were a year ago, when the population was unvaccinated and the country was three months into its reopening.”

- UK: Data reveals hundreds of thousands of people fail to get the second dose: “This may include concerns over side-effects and also factors such as having been away on holiday over August or feeling that the second dose isn’t necessary,”

- UK: Scotland, and reports indicate Health Services are warning of a 'Perfect Storm' of a situation with rising cases and high pressure on services.

- UAE: Advises citizens who'd been vaccinated with Sinopharm vaccine to get booster jab by September 20th.

- Israel: Opens boosters to everyone, including children aged 12 and over.

- Iran: Hundreds of vaccines are stolen en-route to delivery: "Tehran police chief Hossein Rahimi said robbers attacked and seized 300 vaccines after a courier service left a Health Ministry medical storage facility south of the capital."

- Japan: Investigates vaccine mixing to increase vaccination efforts.

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Another one of those sad yet predicted problems...some poor person with a treatable medical emergency totally unrelated to COVID died because he couldn't get a hospital bed:
This is where the real tradgedy is.

Previously anti-vaxers have only mosty been hurting themselves and no one could deny if they did get sick it was their choice and the consequences of their own conscious actions/inactions - but during a pandemic, that's some real damage they are doing.

Aramsolari

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2019
RSI Handle
AramSolari
Yeah this is what many of us have been talking about for months. ICU beds being taken up by COVID patients at the expense of people with other ailments. It sucks but what can you do? We can’t deny people treatment even if they’re selfish assholes who refuse to get the jab and/or wear masks/social-distance.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
COVID Catharsis Corner - reports from around the world from today, Monday 30th of August:

- World: 216,824,792 confirmed cases and 4,506,988 confirmed deaths.

- Variants: New strain found in South Africa, currently named C.1.2 - Scientists are working to establish its potency: “this pandemic is far from over and that this virus is still exploring ways to potentially get better at infecting us”

- New Zealand: Woman dies following Pfizer vaccination suspected from rare heart swelling side effect. She is believed to be the first fatality from this vaccine.

- UK: Scotland, and cases are doubling weekly after restrictions relaxed.

- UK: Wales, and concerns are raised after it was announced classrooms are going to be sanitized with Ozone generators. The Welsh government responds: "The ozone disinfecting machines, developed through Swansea University, are specifically for the disinfection of empty indoor space. These machines have been developed to speed-up the decontamination of classrooms following a confirmed outbreak of Covid-19 only, and not as a form of air purification for occupied indoor spaces."

- EU/US: EU recommends members suspend accepting American travellers as cases in the country peak.

- Australia: Sees 1,000th confirmed COVID death.

- Australia: Sydney nurses report they are having to sedate more COVID patients as a way to manage the spiralling hospitalized case load. “If someone is busy or something happens elsewhere, you turn up the sedation dose to knock the patient out so you can move elsewhere and know there won’t be a problem if you’re not keeping eyes on the patient..." “If a nurse had been watching overnight that wouldn’t happen, but when nurses have to monitor more than one patient in ICU, especially if one is on ventilators, you just can’t see all the patients at once, there are walls and partitions. If there’s not enough staff it’s just significantly more dangerous.”

- Philippines: Sees record high new daily cases.

- Czech Republic: To offer booster shots to anyone who has previously been vaccinated from September 20th.

CitizenDad

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 3, 2014
RSI Handle
SlvmL0rd
THIS WHOLE THING IS JUST FUCKED. Really hard to make it thru a day when you see American Hero's dying because of stupid qanon antivaxtards. I mean, it's really frustrating, depressing.

Oregon is absolutely tapped out and our Health System is failing us and breaking simply because people just didn't get the vaccine or at least just be decent humans and stay the fuck away from people:

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
THIS WHOLE THING IS JUST FUCKED. Really hard to make it thru a day when you see American Hero's dying because of stupid qanon antivaxtards. I mean, it's really frustrating, depressing.

Oregon is absolutely tapped out and our Health System is failing us and breaking simply because people just didn't get the vaccine or at least just be decent humans and stay the fuck away from people:

Let me get this straight. You are upset and outrage over a single person who tragically was not given the care they needed because it fulfills this narrative that antivaxers are clogging up the medical system?

Yes, I am calling out this faux rage due to the hypocrisy of it all. Where was your rage over the years with the VA hospitals that have a terrible record of misdiagnoses or denying care to preventable diseases that lead to worsening and often lethal outcomes? Where was the rage over hospitals that have struggled to keep the lights on due to the high costs of government regulations, insurance requirements, and litigation protections? How many times have any sort of tort reform been rejected?

The truth is there are very few ICU beds and emergency room beds in general. And while there has been an increase in the demand for these beds the vast majority of the beds are still being used for non-covid medical-related emergencies. So yes it's tragic that Daniel Wilkinson died but do not pretend you have any feelings for him when in truth his death is merely a convenient talking point in your crusade to force everyone else to your worldview.

Forgot your password?