Coronavirus COVID-19 Thread

ColdDog

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 3, 2014
RSI Handle
FatalisSmilodon
I suppose the Brits are sorta like that too. Her Majesty's mug graces both our currencies. Old Liz keeps it real.
I am not saying anything bad about Canada. I am simply trying to say that we're all in this together US, Canada, and UK. For some twisted reason, most people here seem intent on Blaming America (USA). I tried to blame China and I was pretty much silenced initially. So, I am simply showing everyone that throwing stones at friends is very frustrating... especially seeing the attacks on my president and country, coming from this forum everyday.

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
most people here seem intent on Blaming America (USA). I tried to blame China and I was pretty much silenced initially.
Open question to everybody reading this: Who here blames America for COVID-19?

*crickets

Why would anybody be blaming America? This started in China, everybody knows this. Its not a secret.

Second question: For the benefit of Colddog, should ever post begin with "I hate China too!" in order to make sure that your opinion about Communist dictatorships is clear?

Reactions: Aramsolari

ColdDog

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 3, 2014
RSI Handle
FatalisSmilodon
For the benefit of Colddog, should ever post begin with "I hate China too!" in order to make sure that your opinion about Communist dictatorships is clear?
Should have said with the "exception" of CD, not for my benefit.

I wish I could post that, but I agree, constructively it is not the best approach. I really, really, really do wish I could post that :)

So, I love this forum and everyone on it. We have great debates about important things. So many opinions, so many views, so much data, it is a blast and keeps me sane sitting here at home debating with people all over the world during this lock down. I know America is an easy target... we don't throw people in Jail for stating their opinions... but I like looking at other countries too and seeing how they are handling the problem.

Aramsolari

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2019
RSI Handle
AramSolari
I am not saying anything bad about Canada. I am simply trying to say that we're all in this together US, Canada, and UK. For some twisted reason, most people here seem intent on Blaming America (USA). I tried to blame China and I was pretty much silenced initially. So, I am simply showing everyone that throwing stones at friends is very frustrating... especially seeing the attacks on my president and country, coming from this forum everyday.
Yeah we're in this together. ALL of us, not just the US, Canada, and the UK. The definition of a pandemic is that it's an epidemic that takes places over a large area, bypassing national borders. I made the comment very early on in this thread that 'No country is an island' and I hold firm to that view. I also hold the view that this requires an international response, and not an 'everyone pull up their draw gates' and hunker down response.

As far as I know, nobody is blaming the US. We're commenting about the inconsistency in the response to Covid19 among different States. For example your state (Colorado) is doing well while Georgia/Texas/etc. may not be. That's not a criticism to your country, that's an observation of policies made in each state. If we can't even do that without someone getting upset, what's the point of this thread? On this side of the border, I'll say British Columbia is doing well (fingers crossed) while Quebec is doing poorly. See what I'm doing here? Nothing here is anti-Canadian, anti-American or whatever.

As for China. I'm a big critic of China (I feel like I have to say this every time). I trust them as far as I can throw a softball (not far). I also think it's counterproductive to dwell on them at the moment. I think there will be a reckoning but only AFTER this pandemic wanes. Even then you need to be careful (I feel like I've said this many times on this thread already) in how you deal with China due to their size and power. I also think that TRUTH must prevail here. No conspiracy theories and nonsense about 'lab engineered viruses' that have been dismissed by credible News bodies and Intelligence agencies. It helps no one and is in my opinion something governments have been pushing to deflect from their own poor response to the situation.

ColdDog

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 3, 2014
RSI Handle
FatalisSmilodon
For example your state (Colorado) is doing well while Georgia/Texas/etc
It easy, because we have a ton of data, and it makes looking at that data much easier. But, the US is not the entire world. We have states just like everyone else does. Sao Tome... I never heard of that country. How are they handling it. I had to go to the factbook to dig up info on it. https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/tp.html

They have 7 deaths of 211,000 people, why, is it testing, is it technology, is it that their government is not reporting?

1 in 30,000 people have died to covid-19. Its that good, bad, I don't know.

Aramsolari

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2019
RSI Handle
AramSolari
It easy, because we have a ton of data, and it makes looking at that data much easier. But, the US is not the entire world. We have states just like everyone else does. Sao Tome... I never heard of that country. How are they handling it. I had to go to the factbook to dig up info on it. https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/tp.html

They have 7 deaths of 211,000 people, why, is it testing, is it technology, is it that their government is not reporting?

1 in 30,000 people have died to covid-19. Its that good, bad, I don't know.
I'll hazard a guess by saying it's because of their isolation and lower level of integration to the rest of the world. You yourself said you've never heard of them. 😅

August

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Aug 27, 2018
RSI Handle
August-TEST
We’ve had 9 newly confirmed cases since 3:00pm Monday. Locally testing is increasing which is uncovering new clusters, and happily the contact tracing app continues to be installed.

As of yesterday there are 548 active cases Australia-wide. That’s pretty fucking awesome so you diseased buggers in North America can stay in Freedomland please.

ColdDog

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 3, 2014
RSI Handle
FatalisSmilodon

ColdDog

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 3, 2014
RSI Handle
FatalisSmilodon

I wanna go here on my vacation... this is a beautiful country!

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
One of us! One of us!

As long as you build that border wall you guys probably don’t need them.

I have to say if Canada ever builds a border wall I shall be terribly sad. Still pissed off at what the US did back in 2001, there was no need for it.

• Thump
Reactions: ColdDog
Forgot your password?