Coronavirus COVID-19 Thread

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
That, and tracking you via phone & bluetooth while you are inside a store,
That I can understand because the store wants to know where majority of its customers are walking and how to best lay out the goods to streamline the shopping experience.

But if the store was tracking you once you left, got in your car, head to pick up a hooker, go to a motel, then head home to your wife... well there is a bit of a privacy issue.

Reactions: NaffNaffBobFace

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
UK update for today, again the reported times are askew with the total confirmed being reported 9am today but the total fatal being from 5pm on the 26th.

Total confirmed 14543, total perished 759.

Chartorama27-03-20.jpg

A closer look at the orange line:

Fatalities closeup.png

Events from today:

Prime Minister and parts of the team involved in the Pandemic response have been infected. Seems a little like a Firefighters house catching fire, but oh well those are the cards you are dealt.

Nations largest supermarket caps home delivery to maximum of 80 items to help with supply and demand.

Plans finally put in place to test healthcare workers on the front line.

Catering wholesalers start home deliveries to sell stock that closed restaurants, pubs etc are not currently taking due to all being closed.

The owner of Sports Direct apologises for being a Silly Bastard and offers his companies delivery trucks to help out the National Health Service. It is unclear if his offer has been accepted.

Last edited:

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
More interesting is that a private company can buy this information and see the location of mobile devices.
Scary interesting. Especially given even if it was scrubbed of personal information given its a full path of your locations its easily to see who it is.

Reactions: Vavrik

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
UK update for today, again the reported times are askew with the total confirmed being reported 9am today but the total fatal being from 5pm on the 26th.

Total confirmed 14543, total perished 759.

View attachment 15326

A closer look at the orange line:

View attachment 15327

Events from today:

Prime Minister and parts of the team involved in the Pandemic response have been infected. Seems a little like a Firefighters house catching fire, but oh well those are the cards you are dealt.

Nations largest supermarket caps home delivery to maximum of 80 items to help with supply and demand.

Plans finally put in place to test healthcare workers on the front line.

Catering wholesalers start home deliveries to sell stock that closed restaurants, pubs etc are not currently taking due to all being closed.

The owner of Sports Direct apologises for being a Silly Bastard and offers his companies delivery trucks to help out the National Health Service. It is unclear if his offer has been accepted.
Catering selling to the public is a great idea. I do wonder though if they sell in quantities/small enough packages thats actually useful to someone cooking at home. Like, what the heck you gonna use 15kg of minced garlic for? LoL

Good on the silly sports shop for offering their trucks, might come in handy.

----
I've been out yesterday to visit one of the few dentists still working. It's a bit shady because me feeling like dying of a blown lower back teeth is not an emergency and thus I should not be treated, but I sure as hell am grateful that the system is just broken enough for me to get to a doc.
The bad part was me having to return today to fix what they kinda messed up yesterday, but the pain is much more manageable now.
Still lots of ppl walking around, still most of them have no protection of any sort. The air quality in the city and general hygiene of the public buildings and transports is so low at any given time, that lots of ppl wear masks and gloves, not just when there's a pandemic! Why the hell aren't they wearing it now??

From tomorrow we are Officially not allowed to go out Willy nilly anymore, which is good news. By decree, everyone should stay home,and is allowed to go to work, go see a doc if emergency, or go buy essentials and nothing else really. We even have separate shopping times for the elderly which is a good idea imho. They are the most dangerous . yes, you read that right, insert "in Soviet Russia, reverse thing happens" joke here.
I hope more ppl will adhere to these guidelines now that it's becoming more strict and they can be fined for being silly.

Ps.: you can see that I've been playing Doom, I say Hell a lot lol

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74

Montoya