Coronavirus COVID-19 Thread

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
WHO: Saying the incredibly obvious is not "taking a leadership role", just so you know. Take leadership. Or get out of the damned way.
Not only that, but it is going to get worse before it gets better:

Taking a leadership role would mean helping to reinforce the messages that people need to know. LIke, wear a mask (N95 if you got it, if not, get one), restrict your get togethers, and take care of yourself, because you don't want to have to go anywhere near a hospital.

Reactions: Vavrik

Jolly_Green_Giant

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 25, 2016
RSI Handle
Jolly_Green_Giant

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
So theyre saying they dont want more boosters, they want a better vaccine. I didn't really think about that, I just assumed what we have is the best we can do, and the boosters were filling in the gaps as new variants emerged.
What the hell do they want the Pharma's to do? What we have is the best they could do on short notice. This is normally a 10 year process in the best scenario, and it was shrunk down to months. That was almost the next best thing to a miracle. And by the way... (speaking to the WHO again) it's our tax dollars that pay for all this, so just make sure you don't ask for them to shutdown our economies at the same time.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
What the hell do they want the Pharma's to do? What we have is the best they could do on short notice. This is normally a 10 year process in the best scenario, and it was shrunk down to months. That was almost the next best thing to a miracle. And by the way... (speaking to the WHO again) it's our tax dollars that pay for all this, so just make sure you don't ask for them to shutdown our economies at the same time.
I thought ex-president Trump had pulled US tax dollar funding to the WHO?

Reactions: Vavrik

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
This is the huge problem of mutations. What one version has and the vaccine is targeted at, others might not have. Even your own immune system may not respond to a mutation as well as it would the original infection.

People complaining about the vaccines should be thankful for what we do have. EVEN WITH the mutation, the vaccine helps protect people from major illness and hospitalization. That said, it could mutate even farther away from the original with the large number of infections we have and one even worse could come about...

Get vaccinated, be responsible. If you have the sniffles, cold, flu, etc... Stay home.

Jolly_Green_Giant

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 25, 2016
RSI Handle
Jolly_Green_Giant
It was all theater. He can't pull funds appropriated by congress. He can "impound" funds for up to 45 days but then it goes back to congress to approve or deny.

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
In addition to what @Jolly_Green_Giant said, you forgot something. You and I have the same queen. I just happen to live in the US because my wife is allergic to snow. That makes no sense, Texas gets as much snow as where most of the people in B.C. does but it is what it is.

Last edited:
  • Glorious
Reactions: NaffNaffBobFace

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I didn't vote for her! Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some... farcical aquatic ceremony!
I get what you mean but looking at what the masses have put in that top position latey across the world...

There ain't nothin so stupid as the wisdom of the crowd, and given the average IQ of a TESTie is in the area of "push-button-to-see-what-happens" no way TEST Squadron would be able to work that way.

All hail Montoya, Glorious Leader!

Last edited:

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I get what you mean but looking at what the masses have put in that top position latey across the world...

There ain't nothin so stupid as the wisdom of the crowd, and given the average IQ of a TESTie is in the area of "push-button-to-see-what-happens" no way supplimenti be able to work that way.

All hail Montoya, Glorious Leader!
Apologies for quoting myself but the above got me thinking and an analogy came to me which is a bit crude but I think covers the recent world of Politics.

Imagine one day a politician realises to get 100% of the vote all they have to do is promise to the electorate that what they need to be happy is all men to have a rib removed so they can all bend over and perform fellatio on themselves and all women to be provided a state issued mains powered vibrator.

Of course they win with a land slide victory and the operations are performed and the toys are delivered to the grateful masses.

Okay, then what?

And this it appears is what has happened in some places in real life. The citizenry has been offered the opportunity to toss themselves into senselessness and took it and now they have that it becomes a little clearer that people who think about nothing but self pleasure aren't necessarily going to be the ones able to run an entire country.

Voter Male: "Wait, I can't get to work any more because the trains are arseholed"
Winner Politician: "You can still suck your own dick, right?"
VoterM: "...yeah..."
WinnerP: "I promised, you received, tell me I'm wrong."

Voter Female: "Wait, the hospitals are crumbling because they are jammed with blokes having their ribs removed and I am going to give birth soon"
WinnerP: "You get that package in the mail?"
VoterF: "...yeah..."
WinnerP: "I promised, you received, tell me I'm wrong."

But after a while those who weren't that interested in self pleasure grow bored of the novelty, and those who were in to it big time get bad backs or friction burns limiting their pleasure and the imagined utopia isn't quite as pleasurable as once first thought. Some are still living the dream, and some are willing to put up with the pain of a bad back but the down sides become clear to everyone even those willing to accept them.

VoterM and VoterF: "Look, it was nice and everything but we'd like running trains and working hospitals please."
WInnerP: "Hey, you voted self pleasure you got self pleasure there are plenty of people still happy and accepting of the arrangement... I'll do what I can but I'm an expert in self pleasure and that's where the focus is and shall remain, not in trains or hospitals. Tell me I'm wrong."

The wisdom of the crowd, eh? What can ya do about it?

Last edited:

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
Just saw this:
From the article:
Last week, Quebec, where nearly a quarter of all Canadians live, announced that residents would have to be vaccinated to buy alcohol or cannabis.
Gotta get them where it will hurt...

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
XxXCovid420XxXBlazeit
I can only imagine what the first clue was for realising this:

"Hey boss, this whole neighborhood caught COVID except for this one house which we went to investigate and found a skunk farm in the attic and the police went in and arrested them all, and this other neighbourhood where... The same... And another neighbourhood... Wait..."

Like looking for snowless roofs in the winter I'd giggle if it turned out COVID was a Ganj informer.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Forgot your password?