Creature finally incoming into the 'verse??

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
Just read the latest pathc note and notice this:

1619033606914.png

Sooo we are closer to see some whild life into the PU it seams...
And for those who don't know what a Boreal Stalker is:

I'm kinda of excited to finally see some live came into the 'verse, it give you both a reason and a fear to explore the whilds, especially cave... dark, icy cave... where no one whould hear you screaming...

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
Just read the latest pathc note and notice this:

View attachment 20630

Sooo we are closer to see some whild life into the PU it seams...
And for those who don't know what a Boreal Stalker is:

I'm kinda of excited to finally see some live came into the 'verse, it give you both a reason and a fear to explore the whilds, especially cave... dark, icy cave... where no one whould hear you screaming...
Now we just need lightsaber's.

20473116342_72ac886854_b.jpg

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
This looks to be a 3.14 or later issue. It's on a 6 week schedule for May and June.

Where I found it:
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/3/thread/roadmap-roundup-april-21-2021/3963708
"Implementing the boreal stalker creature into the game. Created by microTech genetic engineers to fill the apex predator niche wthin their planet's ecosystem, the boreal stalker roams its tundras searching for prey. "

Gotta wonder what else goes on at microTech. They screwed up terraforming, and now...genetic engineering? Why does the stalker have a very basic human shape? What happened to all the players who used to go to New Babbage?

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
"Implementing the boreal stalker creature into the game. Created by microTech genetic engineers to fill the apex predator niche wthin their planet's ecosystem, the boreal stalker roams its tundras searching for prey. "

Gotta wonder what else goes on at microTech. They screwed up terraforming, and now...genetic engineering? Why does the stalker have a very basic human shape? What happened to all the players who used to go to New Babbage?
Well I suppose SC does need his own Wayland-Yutani company somehow...

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
They wanted a Wampa, that's all. CR probably saw Empire recently and said....WE NEED THAT...

Honestly, non-human/humanoid NPCs is something that will be needed, but they also need other things to fill out the ecosystem. They need plants for animals to feed off of, they need predators to feed of the animals, and players to take them on.

I can see these are important resources to harvest, meaning we have yet another gameplay loop...one that can support a bigger ground based game. Go out, hunt the creatures to harvest them and sell them.

A Borean Stalker pelt may result in a tidy chunk of change... Or it could be that hunting/harvesting them without specific authorizations (aka, a costly permit) is a criminal act and you now need to sell the harvest to a fence who specializes in exotic goods, or have a player take a shipment from the fence to a manufacturer who will turn it into a legal item. A good criminal gameplay loop.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
They wanted a Wampa, that's all. CR probably saw Empire recently and said....WE NEED THAT...

Honestly, non-human/humanoid NPCs is something that will be needed, but they also need other things to fill out the ecosystem. They need plants for animals to feed off of, they need predators to feed of the animals, and players to take them on.

I can see these are important resources to harvest, meaning we have yet another gameplay loop...one that can support a bigger ground based game. Go out, hunt the creatures to harvest them and sell them.

A Borean Stalker pelt may result in a tidy chunk of change... Or it could be that hunting/harvesting them without specific authorizations (aka, a costly permit) is a criminal act and you now need to sell the harvest to a fence who specializes in exotic goods, or have a player take a shipment from the fence to a manufacturer who will turn it into a legal item. A good criminal gameplay loop.
Honestly I cannot wait to go on a Boreal Stalker safari.

Aramsolari

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2019
RSI Handle
AramSolari
Honestly I cannot wait to go on a Boreal Stalker safari.
It better be an underground, tight corners kinda hunt though. Give it risk and sport.

Otherwise players will cheese it by blasting it from the sky with a Redeemer. Like those goons who hunt wolves with helicopters, NVGs, and machineguns or something.

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
It better be an underground, tight corners kinda hunt though. Give it risk and sport.

Otherwise players will cheese it by blasting it from the sky with a Redeemer. Like those goons who hunt wolves with helicopters, NVGs, and machineguns or something.
True but I think CIg will balance the hunt metod/ reward in the future.
If personal inventory will include animals maybe you'll be able to retrive more or hught valuable resourcers the less damage you deal to the target: you shot the prey with a Ravent and all you get is a pile of pudding, you take it doown with a single shoot in the head of a hight caliber rifle or stun it an then kill it with a knife (or the cutting attachment of the multitool...) and you'll be able too retrive meat and fur perfectly intact.

Just wait for player requesting a Salker skin to adorn theyr 890j's hall floor...

Forgot your password?