Crytek sues CIG for breach of contract

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
As far as I'm concerned, CryTek pulling this now doesn't benefit anybody, but hurts the players & backers of Star Citizen. That only serves to piss me off at CT & give me plenty of reason to resist backing any of their future projects. Not that any of those will probably ever measure up close to SC anyways.

Reactions: Sraika and Bambooza

Likewise

Captain
Nov 11, 2016
RSI Handle
likewiseone
1) With the push to PTU and the dropping of the NDA, CT has seen just how improved the engine is and they really want the updates to the engine. CIG has really pushed it beyond what was originally thought to be the upper limits of the engine. There may be clauses that require CIG to share those improvements. CT probably wants those changes as they provide a significant value adder to the engine to either attract new investment to continue to the business, or to attract a buyer/developer that either wants to buy up CT whole, or wants to license Cry Engine to develop their games.
The issue is going to come down to how much of an improvement was actually done by CIG and how much of the improvement was handled by the Amazon Lumberyard devs.

Forgot your password?