Last edited:

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
This can only mean one thing...

If this is indeed a breach of contract, then CIG will very likely settle out of court.

This means... SHIP SALES!!!

You want to buy that Bengal Carrier!?!?

CIG, here is your chance to sell that $5000 ship! :D

I can see it now:

The Bengal comes with 10 Saber Ravens and 20 8x8 land plots.
3876/5000 sold

Nap

Grand Admiral
Dec 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Napernicous

If this is indeed a breach of contract, then CIG will very likely settle out of court.

CIG, here is your chance to sell that $5000 ship! :smile:

I can see it now:

3876/5000 sold
Lol, if it came with that I would get it

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Or offer Crytek their own Jpeg ship with exclusive skin that can be offered to backers to pay off the difference of what Cry-tech wants. I'm thinking offer the Vulture with a Rat-Rod style configuration & a decal that shows a large :cry: with the slogan, "Keep Cry-ing, my other ship is a Prospector." Maybe call it the Cry-Cycle.

Han Burgundy

Space Marshal
Jan 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Han-Burgundy
It's a money grab. Amazon has rights to Cryengine as well (they bailed them out a while ago) so worst comes to worse; Amazon will crush crytek with their wallet. They are not going to allow something like this to derail their lumberyard posterchild.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane

CIG, here is your chance to sell that $5000 ship! :smile:

I can see it now:

3876/5000 sold
I prefer this idea far better than my own.

zeddie

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Test-Dummy
It's a money grab. Amazon has rights to Cryengine as well (they bailed them out a while ago) so worst comes to worse; Amazon will crush crytek with their wallet. They are not going to allow something like this to derail their lumberyard posterchild.
I do hope Amazon steps in to help CIG out at least. Or offer the help of their legal team.

RoughGalaxy

Commander
Nov 2, 2017
RSI Handle
RoughGalaxy
hmm ship sales... or see these poor saps crushed under Amazon's wallet... tough call which I prefer... am I a bad person because I imagine an amazon warrior crushing crytek with her boobs, but they are instead large wallets stuffed with cash? I think this needs to be a gif now... anyone?

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Don't worry. Amazon will redirect a small portion of the worldwide tax money they've avoided paying in order to CRUSH Crytek into the ground.

They won't let ANYTHING happen to the "Cryengine(tm)" brand.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
hmm ship sales... or see these poor saps crushed under Amazon's wallet... tough call which I prefer... am I a bad person because I imagine an amazon warrior crushing crytek with her boobs, but they are instead large wallets stuffed with cash? I think this needs to be a gif now... anyone?
Perhaps substitute the large wallets with sacks of gold coins? They would have better hanging sag to also develop a more satisfying thud as they would impact with a coin clinking sound. I like your idea overall though. Very nice.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
What was the part about they want to reclaim the engine "Star Engine" does this mean they want to take what SC had built up to the point in which they swapped to lumberyard? I would find that highly doubtful as CIG modified and made the engine proprietary that point. there is no way they will win that side of it. i hate companies like this praying on their own customers to try to save their own asses for a product they can't sell anymore.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
If you read through the Wiki page for Crytek that I linked earlier, them having shady business practices would not be so surprising. They did partner up with EA in the past. Given recent events, that should say plenty about them as a company.

Reactions: Whi7key and Sraika

Sraika

Space Marshal
Nov 7, 2017
RSI Handle
Sraika
If you read through the Wiki page for Crytek that I linked earlier, them having shady business practices would not be so surprising. They did partner up with EA in the past. Given recent events, that should say plenty about them as a company.
Also, they had to close half of there studios last year, and they sold another to Sega. On top of that, their 2 upcoming games look like crap.
They seem to be a bit hard up for money.

Forgot your password?