Crytek vs CIG - Final round

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
I think that's good interpretation @Montoya, and would be the best turn out for both sides... CIG and Crytek just part company. It's too bad that it went this far, because both seem to be in a position to lose a lot of money to legal fees. I've never seen a case like this where the lawyers didn't get their money. I took the wrong profession.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Having now watched the video, I'm guessing what happened once Amazon was dragged into it was they unzipped their trousers, unfurled their humungopenis, and pissed all over that dumpster fire until not even an ember could glow in the dead of night.

It will be interesting to see what happens.

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
Like your interpretation Montoya, feels logical for both side, even if CIG is going to loose a lots of money they can, at last, get read of this case and go on without any worries (at least from Crytec).
Feel bad this is not going to end today... hope this final of-court confrontation will finally put the tombstone on this farce.

I was hoping this whole farce would end today...
You and me both, but hey that was quite quckly compare to the Italian law: if they ware in an italian court at this point they ware still stuck ton the first or second audiance (yes we are that bad...)!

Aramsolari

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2019
RSI Handle
AramSolari
What the hell happened to Crytek anyway? I mean they went from making good games like Crysis and Farcry to lobbing out lawsuits that help nobody. I hear they're in the financial trouble too...what happened to these guys?

Reactions: Bambooza

Tei

Captain
Dec 8, 2019
RSI Handle
TeiwazWolf
What the hell happened to Crytek anyway? I mean they went from making good games like Crysis and Farcry to lobbing out lawsuits that help nobody. I hear they're in the financial trouble too...what happened to these guys?
They were in financial crisis years ago. When they did not had money to pay out devs, this is when CIG poched loads of their talented Cry Enginge devs that now work on SC. I assume this might be one of grudges between Crytek and CIG as well. Then they sold rights to Cry Engine to Amazon for quick cash, another mistake that CIG benefited at.....

Reactions: Bambooza
Forgot your password?