Crytek vs CIG lawsuit: Motion to dismiss granted!

CitizenONE84

Commander
Nov 30, 2018
RSI Handle
ONE84
Does it count as Second if no one has physically claimed "Second"? 😜

Great video @Montoya thank you for sharing and couldn't agree more, Christmas has definitely come early on this one! It's good to see that things are finally coming to an end, then they can focus on delivering even more juicey content!

Reactions: Vavrik

Rear_Intruder

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 9, 2017
RSI Handle
Rear_Intruder
Good news indeed Montoya and I heard it from you first thank you.

Is this for all of their claims or just some of them, I thought it had been split up in some way. I will try to check myself later but may not get around to it (family stuff)

Cyril

Space Marshal
Feb 13, 2016
RSI Handle
Cyril
Is there a list of what claims haven't been dismissed?

The 2 I can think of are:
  • Copyright claim for showing source code in videos
  • Breach of contract if they hadn't fully switched to Lumberyard when they changed the splash screen.
I can't think of any others and those 2 are really minor compared to the plethora of claims that got tossed out. When I get some time I might pull up all the documents and see if I missed any.

Reactions: Deroth

Hybus

Space Marshal
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Hybus
I'm not so sure on the source code in the bugsmashers video. There was such a small amount, scrolling rapidly on a screen and it's likely to be covered under fair use.

By the time SC is actually released, the time period on competing engines will be expired so they could make some considerable coin licensing that out. Which is something Crytek probably so desparatly wants a piece of.

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
I would have spend my money this year (and before) anyway because I want to support our dream comes true. But THIS News...well, xmas seems to happen some days earlier this year, right? ;)

#beerforall

Reactions: NaffNaffBobFace

Rear_Intruder

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 9, 2017
RSI Handle
Rear_Intruder
French says "the issues are getting whittled down to the main meritorious issues"

Is that backtracking from his video title? What about the other outstanding issues did he get ahead of himself?

Last edited:

sovapid

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2018
RSI Handle
sovapid
IANAL.... Apparently when you do an amended complaint, there are no "other outstanding" issues. The amended complaint supersedes the the original complaint. As in completely replaces it. Everything in the second amended complaint was dismissed.

I guess Crytech could go for another amended complaint that reintroduces the old issues that were not dismissed in the first motion to dismiss.

Raither

Captain
Nov 2, 2017
RSI Handle
Dr_McLaren
They will amend, it will mostly likely get thrown out again

Hard to get a judge to see your side when you promise something in the future as part of a deal and are for whatever reason unable to provide that something within the time frame specified and agreed upon by both parties.

Forgot your password?