Cutlass Black 3.0

Matt W.

Commander
Jul 4, 2017
RSI Handle
Skadoosh86
Negative, comes stock with Bulldogs on the wing hardpoints and Panthers on the turret I believe.

Unfortunately there are still no S2 or above distortion cannons, so you're really shooting yourself in the foot if you take one.
What do you mean? I already have a Cut.Blk. Are you talking about the suckerpunches? Its not worth having those on the Cutlass?

Takeiteasy

Admiral
May 21, 2017
RSI Handle
Takeiteasy
Negative, comes stock with Bulldogs on the wing hardpoints and Panthers on the turret I believe.

Unfortunately there are still no S2 or above distortion cannons, so you're really shooting yourself in the foot if you take one.
Really?
They are a huge part of my game play, send in the sucker punch's to rip off the shields then hit them with missiles and torps until they surrender(with sucker punch's keeping shields down constantly).

We need Distortion cannons like we need every other kind of weapon.

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
Really?
They are a huge part of my game play, send in the sucker punch's to rip off the shields then hit them with missiles and torps until they surrender(with sucker punch's keeping shields down constantly).

We need Distortion cannons like we need every other kind of weapon.
I've personally never had much luck with them. Allegedly they actually shut down systems properly in 3.0, but previously it would just strip shields, and with the low ROF I had trouble in my buggy slidy POS 2.6 Cutlass keeping the targets in front of me, and even then having half my "firepower" gone (thanks CIG for removing the slaved turret and the Flashfire for over a year!) it was hard to do enough DPS to take people out after I blew my missile load.

What do you mean? I already have a Cut.Blk. Are you talking about the suckerpunches? Its not worth having those on the Cutlass?
Suckerpunches are distortion cannons, yes. There are lore mentions of larger sized distortion cannons, but so far we only have the S1.

This is my opinion so take it with a grain of salt but on a ship with a bunch of S3 hardpoints like the Cutlass, I think the DPS loss from a having a S1 weapon over an S3 weapon cancels out the usefulness of the Suckerpunch for pure combat purposes.

That being said on ships with S1 hardpoints (like the Buccaneer) it's a great fit, and once piracy/ship board/bounty hunting is more complete I think Suckerpunches will shine even on larger ships.

Stevetank

Lead Aurora Theorycrafter
Donor
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Stevetank
I've been running with 4x Panthers up front. The Cutlass spins around fast enough for me to not need any gimballs. That's the same gun dps as a Sabre. Pretty handy, ha.

I tried it with Tarantula MK3's as well but they just don't have the satisfying boom noise any more. It's like a lower power auto cannon firing at about 1 round every 0.75 seconds. Tak, tak, tak, tak, tak, .... boooring!

Meanwhile the Panthers make a new sound and feel great. Just rip 2 off of your turret and grab the other 2 from a Sabre or a Gemini.

I need to find some more guns and try them out.

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Fair play they have done a great job on the cutlass rework. As a permanent freelancer fan I didn't think the cutty would compete with the overall package that the freelancer is - but it does now!!

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
Fair play they have done a great job on the cutlass rework. As a permanent freelancer fan I didn't think the cutty would compete with the overall package that the freelancer is - but it does now!!
If only the side doors had LODs every time and the pilot door wouldn't randomly get bugged shut.
But the ship looks and flies great!

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
Did get there. Started the game up, couldn't figure out how to get into my Cutty, realized I was exhausted, went to bed. Haha
I managed to enter my Cutlass and fly it to one of the moons, only to find that its doors were stuck so I went to bed. The Cutlass bed, that is. And I got stuck there.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I managed to enter my Cutlass and fly it to one of the moons, only to find that its doors were stuck so I went to bed. The Cutlass bed, that is. And I got stuck there.
Haha, I finally figured out the "F" key, and how it affects head tracking. Then I figured out how to open the ramp. I was waiting for the word "Open" or something to pop up. Nope. Not anymore, haha.
In the PTU it put my cutlass against m50s... They just flew circles around me haha.

So I rammed them. There's your suckerpunch ;)
For the Glory of TEST!

Forgot your password?