Cutlass Or Andromeda

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Also IF you didn't know, but If you hit the 'Stealth' button on the HUD you drop out of Quantum where ever you are, so you can really really find some dead end spot.

Used to use a Similar Tactic in EVE to create Super Safe's
Now that I didn't know!!! Ta!!!

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
My anecdote from the other way round was I had a Connie Taurus (Andro loaner) and had always wanted a Cutty Blue. A sale came along and I $0 CCU'd over to the blue and I had a ship I had lusted over from the beginning...

Looked at the black loaner in the hangar... Mmm, quite a bit smaller...

So took it to free flight... Mmm, not that much more maneuverable...

Took it to the PU... Mmm, I'm spinning uncontrollably (but that was normal in that patch)...

And then heared that Flashfire mount was obsolete so wouldn't be able to swap the turret for an s4...

Mmm...

CCU'd back to the Connie within the hour and made a promise to it not to CCU it again.

I'd say have a try of a Connie in the PU before you make your choice - like me you may adore having a larger ship and not care too much about any minor draw-backs. Or, you may realise the Cutlass is just what you are looking for and it'll put any doubts to bed :)

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Nice story!

I tell you one thing about the cutlass, it is much more fragile than the freelancer or Connie.

Crichten

Admiral
May 23, 2017
RSI Handle
Im_batman
My anecdote from the other way round was I had a Connie Taurus (Andro loaner) and had always wanted a Cutty Blue. A sale came along and I $0 CCU'd over to the blue and I had a ship I had lusted over from the beginning...

Looked at the black loaner in the hangar... Mmm, quite a bit smaller...

So took it to free flight... Mmm, not that much more maneuverable...

Took it to the PU... Mmm, I'm spinning uncontrollably (but that was normal in that patch)...

And then heared that Flashfire mount was obsolete so wouldn't be able to swap the turret for an s4...

Mmm...

CCU'd back to the Connie within the hour and made a promise to it not to CCU it again.

I'd say have a try of a Connie in the PU before you make your choice - like me you may adore having a larger ship and not care too much about any minor draw-backs. Or, you may realise the Cutlass is just what you are looking for and it'll put any doubts to bed :slight_smile:
This seems like a reasonable Idea

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
This seems like a reasonable Idea
If you can just REC the Connie, you don't want to have issues CCUing back to the Blue if you don't like it :slight_smile: Failing that I'd be happy to lend you my Connie to have a fly of if we are ever in the same PU instance :slight_smile:

Reactions: Mich Angel

Frad in'Ryth

Vice Admiral
May 25, 2017
RSI Handle
FradinRyth
If you can just REC the Connie, you don't want to have issues CCUing back to the Blue if you don't like it :slight_smile: Failing that I'd be happy to lend you my Connie to have a fly of if we are ever in the same PU instance :slight_smile:
Honestly if you add each other to your contact lists have one of you start the party and then go into a server the other person gets a notice if they want to join into that server. The stability of the grouping function has improved greatly the last few versions, it still doesn't give you any useful group info but it at least puts y'all in the same server.

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
Also IF you didn't know, but If you hit the 'Stealth' button on the HUD you drop out of Quantum where ever you are, so you can really really find some dead end spot.

Used to use a Similar Tactic in EVE to create Super Safe's
Yes I know I discovered this by accident where as I was messing around with the MFD under QT and ended up well I have no clue, but it was very empty space ha ha ha ha..

Reactions: Blind Owl

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Unless you need the cargo, I would take any of the Vanguard over any of the Cutties. If you compare their flight characteristics they're quite similar, but the Vanguard can take a huge beating, has much better missiles and should have vastly superior range, which is going to matter in the PU.

Forgot your password?