Cutlass Question

Braxtin

Rear Admiral
May 10, 2017
RSI Handle
Braxtin
I am looking for a ship to fill the mech/pirate roll. I was thinking of get the the Cutlass Black then I read up on the Blue and saw that it has better stats and you will eventually be able to remove the holding cells to increase the cargo space.

If you had the choice which one would you get?

Beerjerker

Grand Admiral
Sep 8, 2015
RSI Handle
Beerjerker
I have the Black, but I also have a upgrade to the Blue that I haven't applied yet. Kind of want to see for sure that the Blue will be Super Cutlass people are expecting. The Black isn't exactly fragile right now (way more HP than Hornet, but no damage reduction or absorption like SH), so not sure how much more durable the Blue could conceivably be while still being balanced.

Also waiting to see that the cells can definitely be removed. I'm too much of a softie to take people to jail.

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
CIG has stated multiple times that you can remove the holding cells and replace them with med equipment from the Red, or a simple cargo hold like the Black.

Being CIG and relating to Cutlass matters, this is probably going to prove to be wrong, because CIG has a nasty habit of lying through their teeth about the Cutlass.

IF you can remove the cells then the Blue SHOULD be superior to the Black as a combat platform- at the cost of 50% higher initial cost + higher repair costs + higher replacement time.

I have a Blue and a Black FWIW, but with the rework looming no one really knows whats staying from the pre-rework Black -> Blue upgrade, and whats getting scrapped or added.

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
I have the Blue and as we have the Black as a loaner for the Blue, I will have time to see if it's worth getting the black too or just stay with the Blue when it 's finished which will be later.. And the advantages with the Blue have already been said.. so I would go for the Blue if you have the chance since the Blue is not always for sale but the Red and Black is always available...

CHEERS! :beer::beer::beer::beer:

Pander

Space Marshal
Jan 3, 2015
RSI Handle
Pander22
The thing I don't think people have mentioned here yet is the black is supposed to be quieter compared to the blue with less of a signature, The blues shields and power plant will give it a bigger sig when stuff like that is implemented correctly

So you either have shields and armour with the blue or more stealth with the black

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
The thing I don't think people have mentioned here yet is the black is supposed to be quieter compared to the blue with less of a signature, The blues shields and power plant will give it a bigger sig when stuff like that is implemented correctly

So you either have shields and armour with the blue or more stealth with the black
"Supposed" to be. Right now the Cutlasses "stealth engines" produce more IR signature than the 350Rs racer engines, despite putting out roughly a third less thrust.

Tacked on with the current "tin can" side maneuvering thrusters each weighing 3x as much as a Hornet main engine, and putting out about 25% of the total thrust, it's a fucking mess.

With the Cutlass Black getting bigger and heavier, I really can't see it being stealthy...maybe the Black is just "normal ship this size", and the Blue is "LOOK AT ME I'M A CUTLASS BLUE YEEEHAW!!!"?

Forgot your password?