Cyberpunk 2077 (is here!)

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
I'm reading a review right now...guess what?
Outside of combat, I've run into plenty of glitches that break the immersion of Night City, too. Non-hostile characters will stand motionless in midair, stuck in a ridiculous T-pose, or pace back and forth in tight corridors for no reason. People phase in and out of existence before my eyes. A crowded table at a club will feature one drink hovering in the hands of an invisible patron.
Does this sound familiar?
Weirdest of all is that CP77 doesn't include self reflection. You'll see allies and enemies reflected in nearby glass, while you'll always be a vampire-like phantom, unless you go into a bathroom and activate its mirror. Doing this with an RTX 3080 resulted in some insane slowdowns to single digit FPS levels
LOL, the review is overall positive, with some very minor spoilers in terms of what to do:

I've already got it downloaded on GOG Galaxy, so I'll be ready to go!

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
oh yeah... we're the 8th... 25 hours early! (now 22 hours and 8 mins)
Derp! Haha
On PC game unlocks at 0000 UTC Dec 10th - That's 7pm EST and 4pm PST

Wifey is being extra nice and taking on sole parenting time with our 4month old, so I can get a good few hours of play tomorrow - Just hoping that the patch/unlock servers will be able to handle the load!
It's my birthday tomorrow. I booked my BDay dinner nice and early so I can come home and play . . .providing my friends don't decide to get me wasted. Ha.

CosmicTrader

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Oct 30, 2015
RSI Handle
CosmicTrader
Ho Hum!
Yet another pinball game. I prefer the one with the Elvis background. hehehehe

Enjoy....for at least a week.
Star Citizen is for a life time.

Reactions: Blind Owl

Patrick Spaceman

Grand Admiral
Oct 4, 2020
RSI Handle
Patrick_Spaceman

Michael

Space Marshal
Sep 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Pewbaca
Even the launch trailer was epic. I feel a lot of trash games "journos" who attacked it for not being "woke enough" (despite not even playing it), are going to be so salty...it's going to be a delicious week.
Don't give woke journalists and false activists attention. Thats how they earn money.

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
I'm reading a review right now...guess what?

Outside of combat, I've run into plenty of glitches that break the immersion of Night City, too. Non-hostile characters will stand motionless in midair, stuck in a ridiculous T-pose, or pace back and forth in tight corridors for no reason. People phase in and out of existence before my eyes. A crowded table at a club will feature one drink hovering in the hands of an invisible patron.
Does this sound familiar?
I guess that a 40GB day 1 patch has is rason...
That make me more concern on the actual game content: if the game is actually that bad how do they manage to show it off to the press in the past years with all those NPC walking on the street and fluid combat? I guess that was onother video showing off things that are not implemented (like the early 3rd person view in some scenes), so I'm wondering how many things that has been announced and not implemented or being crapped in just to say "hey there it is"....

Harkonan

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Harkypoo
Judging by the game play so far this morning, you would have SWORN Cloud Imperium built their engine for this game, along with selling them assets ... or they bought theirs.

From the "on rail rides" of the city scape, to the "habs", to some of the signs and lights. Even the background noise sounds similar in the city.

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
I'm comfortable waiting a few months to pick it up and play it in a less bug riddled + messy state.

If I want a bug riddled mess I always can boot up Star Citizen....

Reactions: Blind Owl
Forgot your password?