Cyberpunk 2077 minimum specs are in. Spoiler: You are safe!

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
That's going to make many happy, gonna be interesting to see how it turns out.

🍻

Reactions: Blind Owl

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
Defenetly a low spec rig at this time... I suppose that the nerfed graphics to allow it to run on current (old) console generation has is price....
Also quite strange since CDPR state they implement the raytracing tecnology into the game... I don't see a GTX 1060 have nothing to do with that tecnology at all.

I've the terrible feeling that all the immage and video we've see so far a BS.... call me skeptical...

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
Defenetly a low spec rig at this time... I suppose that the nerfed graphics to allow it to run on current (old) console generation has is price....
Also quite strange since CDPR state they implement the raytracing tecnology into the game... I don't see a GTX 1060 have nothing to do with that tecnology at all.

I've the terrible feeling that all the immage and video we've see so far a BS.... call me skeptical...
I hope you are wrong and that you can set the graphics on a very wide scale to get low quality and also the really good looking stuff we see in videos.

Anyways, I like that I can run it on both my pc's, even the old one the missus uses.

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
I hope you are wrong and that you can set the graphics on a very wide scale to get low quality and also the really good looking stuff we see in videos.

Anyways, I like that I can run it on both my pc's, even the old one the missus uses.
I hope so too, but whitout knowing where the specs came from I could guess that those are an old screen previous of the later implementation: I mean the recomanded GPU is the lowest card of two generation ago while I've expect to be, worst case, at least a 1070 TI for top settings if not a 2070 Super (for raytracing...).
Still there are too many contraddiction by CDPR on this game that pile up during the last years that I start to take any news with a LOT of caution....

wmk

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Feb 19, 2018
RSI Handle
wmk
Very strange specs, indeed. They should list 2060 or 2070 as the recommended GPU... And/or add "enthusiast" or "hardcore" system requirements with 2080 Ti or 3080...

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
Tbh, when I switched from my 1060 6gb to 2060S, I haven't noticed much of a difference in games. Yes it gave me more fps so I upgraded to a 144hz monitor, and it gave a substantial boost to my 3D render jobs on Redshift, so it was worth it. But just to play games like Doom Eternal, battlefield, Shadows die twice, or any recent decent title, it was not worth it cos the 1060 is perfectly capable enough at 1080p already.

If we take a look outside of Star Citizen's unoptimized mess for a moment, we can realize that the vast majority of gamers are still using good ol 1080p monitors at 60hz with PC-s as old as 6-8 years, and can still fully enjoy games released today! You can easily get away with a 4th gen i5 running a 980 or 1060 and run almost everything on ultra or close to it.

So no, these specs are not out of line with the reality of what a well optimized good looking game should require for a perfectly playable 30fps at 1080p.

I'm on a 4770k with 32gb ram, 2060S, and everything I throw at it runs fine on Ultra, and that includes MSFS.
Even 3.10.2 is a surprising smooth and enjoyable, I've been playing a lot more recently!

Forgot your password?