D.S.E.T. - Deep Space Exploration Testies

Scarthian

The Shadow Broker
Feb 10, 2014
RSI Handle
Scarthian
I do like the idea of teams vs "official" squads. It seems more TEST. Loose organization lead by whomever has the whim to make something happen at the time. Not "I'm the head of this Squadron you have to do what I say or I will tell Montoya's nipples on you."
Basically that is what everyone of this Squads are atm an assortment of teams of like minded folks. The only "Official" Squads would be those put in place by like a military director specifically for any needed military actions like "Officially" kicking someones teeth in with the screaming deaths of 1000's of auroras spread across all instances. Currently we just have these teams forming up which is fully expected anyhow since you can't cram 1000+ players into one instance or whatever they are going to have set up I'm sure. Hence there are multiple pirate squads, exploration squads, trade squads, etc.

We all a big family but doesn't mean we are all together all the time. More like we have a group of preferred family members we chill with daily. Of course if someone insults our second adopted cousin twice removed we all come together and tap dance on their dead bodies. Blood for the Blood God. Dunks for the Dunk God. Drunks for the Beer God Praise be his name!

mromutt

Duck Army
Staff member
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
mromutt
I do like the idea of teams vs "official" squads. It seems more TEST. Loose organization lead by whomever has the whim to make something happen at the time. Not "I'm the head of this Squadron you have to do what I say or I will tell Montoya's nipples on you."
Yeah our goal was not to be a squad and thats why we chose to phrase it as team. We also did not want to get to big, where a squad could be hundreds of people we would rather be a few dozen people that all have a chance to get to know each other and have more fun that way.

GrammarGestapo

Pro Chat Necromancer
Jun 8, 2014
RSI Handle
TheGrammarpolice
I think, regarding the squad argument, people will just naturally group together with their friends, and maybe a leader out of each of those tiny 3-4 man groups will come about. I already know who I tend to hang around with in TEST, and I suspect that group of friends will continue into the game.

Adiran

Admiral
Mar 28, 2015
RSI Handle
Adiran
currently have Andromeda. but I intend to upgrade to Aquila before launch. keeping Andromeda for arena commander testing (since it has the 2nd turret) once multicrew testing is out. then before game launch ill upgrade to Aquila (or if they do LTI on it ill get it then)

mromutt

Duck Army
Staff member
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
mromutt
currently have Andromeda. but I intend to upgrade to Aquila before launch. keeping Andromeda for arena commander testing (since it has the 2nd turret) once multicrew testing is out. then before game launch ill upgrade to Aquila (or if they do LTI on it ill get it then)
I am looking forward to the multicrew patch, I want to get some combat experience on one of those ships to see what is involved.

mromutt

Duck Army
Staff member
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
mromutt
yes once that patch is out I will be on mumble looking for people to join me lol. I don't think ill do much ells but fly my Andromeda around whenever im on.
Yeah I just want to see how it works with people walking around and using consoles. It looks like it will be cool and will be something everyone looking to do exploring will want to try out and figure out :)

Forgot your password?