DA's Org Series: DALO

• Thread starter DominationAgenda
  • Start date
D

DominationAgenda

Hello there follow TEST members! I'll be starting a series where I will look at different organizations and talk about them, as well as invite one of their guys to do an interview with them ! The Series as you can see is called DALO ( DA's look at Organizations).

I'm making this thread because I want to know what possible questions you would ask if you wanted you join an organization.
Also I would like a opinion on the name and if you have any better name, post them!
Please message me too, if you want to help me make the graphics which I still have to do!

-DA

Reactions: BluChew

TestBot

Ghost
Nov 2, 2013
RSI Handle
TestBot
* How active they are.

* How big they are.

* Why they exist.

* What do they want to achieve

* Any memorable events in the past few months.

* Any outstanding rules.

I'll give more when I can think of them :)
Good luck!

Reactions: DominationAgenda
D

DominationAgenda

* How active they are.

* How big they are.

* Why they exist.

* What do they want to achieve

* Any memorable events in the past few months.

* Any outstanding rules.

I'll give more when I can think of them :)
Good luck!
Thanks for the questions! Some of them are already included in the basic overview but questions like outstanding rules and memorable events are quite interesting! Will include them!

Reactions: TestBot

Tyronne

Captain
Feb 10, 2014
I think for a lot of organizations (including TEST), you can't really get the whole view unless you are actually IN it. For example, I joined TEST because I thought it was a cool groups of fellas, who had modest ships and wanted to wreck them! All of that is very true, but the first day I logged into TeamSpeak, I was warmly greeted by everyone, and jumped right into a game of Civ 5! I was not expeceting this at all, and it was just unlike anything I've ever seen. I was instantly attached to TEST.

Now some organizations may like you doing these types of videos, but some may feel like you do not treat them justice, and some may feel that it's their job to make videos on their organizations. Honestly, if someone did a video about TEST, and they weren't a part of TEST, I'd feel a little weird about that, and I'm sure our fellow testies would too.

TL;DR: Tread carefully. You may inadvertently piss some people off.

BluChew

Captain
Jan 25, 2014
RSI Handle
OGKush
*What game do they play collectively? Or what do they do together to build cohesion pre-DFM?

D

DominationAgenda

I think for a lot of organizations (including TEST), you can't really get the whole view unless you are actually IN it.

Now some organizations may like you doing these types of videos, but some may feel like you do not treat them justice, and some may feel that it's their job to make videos on their organizations. Honestly, if someone did a video about TEST, and they weren't a part of TEST, I'd feel a little weird about that, and I'm sure our fellow testies would too.

TL;DR: Tread carefully. You may inadvertently piss some people off.
The first thing could be clarified by asking them if you could join for a test period to see if it's fitting for the guy joining.

To the other paragraph, that's why I'm inviting one Imp Member to the show so if I say anything wrong he can correct me and give a proper answer.

*What game do they play collectively? Or what do they do together to build cohesion pre-DFM?
Thanks, will add them into the list!

Btw, here's the current list of questions I'm gonna ask.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/156e7XKb4VoqP-eVrsfaLQNm26PNfTHv4girFKTQKYuk/edit?usp=sharing

D

DominationAgenda

Just to clarify it's D-A-L-O not DALO as a word.

Designated Drunk

Space Marshal
Feb 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Designated_Drunk
I suppose my question fits into #4 (How serious are you about your commitment being hardcore?) As a (very)newcomer to SC, when I started looking at organizations, I came away with the distinct impression that Imperium was actually the default org, or otherwise the official org of RSI. With such a wide reach and impact on new players, how does Imperium hope to maintain its focus of being for 'hardcore' players? Secondary question - _is_ there any link between Imperium and RSI? I'm completely serious - the org seems so prevalent that it seemed officially sanctioned to my newbie eyes. (and if not officially sanctioned in any manner, I hope they take my impressions as a favorable sign of their expansive outreach and wish them the best in the 'verse - please ignore and disregard our flaming Aurora wreckage; kthxbye)

Reactions: DominationAgenda

BluChew

Captain
Jan 25, 2014
RSI Handle
OGKush
I suppose my question fits into #4 (How serious are you about your commitment being hardcore?) As a (very)newcomer to SC, when I started looking at organizations, I came away with the distinct impression that Imperium was actually the default org, or otherwise the official org of RSI. With such a wide reach and impact on new players, how does Imperium hope to maintain its focus of being for 'hardcore' players? Secondary question - _is_ there any link between Imperium and RSI? I'm completely serious - the org seems so prevalent that it seemed officially sanctioned to my newbie eyes. (and if not officially sanctioned in any manner, I hope they take my impressions as a favorable sign of their expansive outreach and wish them the best in the 'verse - please ignore and disregard our flaming Aurora wreckage; kthxbye)

Designated Drunk

Space Marshal
Feb 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Designated_Drunk
Addendum to question #12 - "Is there any truth to the persistent rumors that Imperium is secretly a front organization for the Goons?"

Just kidding, just kidding! (though I would like to poke the bear just a little)

D

DominationAgenda

Addendum to question #12 - "Is there any truth to the persistent rumors that Imperium is secretly a front organization for the Goons?"

Just kidding, just kidding! (though I would like to poke the bear just a little)
Don't worry I'll talk about the Goon/Imperium (conflict) or at least what they think about it and why they didn't responded.

Designated Drunk

Space Marshal
Feb 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Designated_Drunk
Okay, another serious question:
Propaganda is a crucial part of establishing an organization's persona and attracting new members. Imperium has clean, consistent posters and banners, and they even seem to have correct spelling! How many people work on art assets for the organization, what graphics tools do they use, and what are their artistic influences? And why does Imperium artwork have a distinct lack of cats?

SeungRyul

Spreader of Truth / Master of Hamsters
Staff member
Donor
Oct 30, 2013
RSI Handle
Citizen404
Okay, another serious question:
Propaganda is a crucial part of establishing an organization's persona and attracting new members. Imperium has clean, consistent posters and banners, and they even seem to have correct spelling! How many people work on art assets for the organization, what graphics tools do they use, and what are their artistic influences? And why does Imperium artwork have a distinct lack of cats?
We actually do have an art division slaving away to provide us with epic recruitment posters. Reason you never see them is because we are hoarding them until DFM launch and then you can all go crazy and share them. Here are some teasers...

and much much much more...

Reactions: o-BHG-o and BluChew

Designated Drunk

Space Marshal
Feb 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Designated_Drunk
Ah, a strategic reserve of propaganda! Brilliant - never would have even considered that approach...

BluChew

Captain
Jan 25, 2014
RSI Handle
OGKush
Don't worry I'll talk about the Goon/Imperium (conflict) or at least what they think about it and why they didn't responded.
Please do! I'm curious to see how they respond, gotta' love Meta gaming.

We actually do have an art division slaving away to provide us with epic recruitment posters. Reason you never see them is because we are hoarding them until DFM launch and then you can all go crazy and share them. Here are some teasers...
and much much much more...
Wow, looks great. My artistic ability is limited to slapping some crap together on Gimp. [Insert stick figure here]

Designated Drunk

Space Marshal
Feb 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Designated_Drunk
Please do! I'm curious to see how they respond, gotta' love Meta gaming.
Only 1.5 weeks into the world of SC, I'm really being entertained by that aspect. Especially since it's about the only thing a person can really 'do' at this point (other than walk around my Avenger at a blistering 3fps or so). The amount of drama, intrigue, etc. is astounding for a game that is not only perhaps 1.5 years away, but is attempting to minimize the impact of such drama on the game itself. In reading up on Eve and its history, I'm fascinated by how much impact the metagame aspect has on the game. My first reaction was 'ugh, I hope SC has none of that', but the more I consider it, I hope at least some of that dynamic is available - human interaction it seems, is the most curious game of all.

Forgot your password?