Deep Recon Scout Ship?

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
So I was watching a vid on leaks about the 400i, and came upon what appears legitimate intel. I'm not going to copy the vid here just because it was a leak, but very quickly, that source seemed credible and said the 400i will be equipped with:

3S2 reactors
3S2 Coolers (Stealth A Nightfall)
1S2 Q Drive
2Medium fuel tanks and scoops
1S3 shield.
2 twin S3 remote turrets (dorsal and ventral)
2S4 gimbaled pilot guns.
All guns are laser repeaters.

If Origin stays with its hallmark as a fast ship builder, this could make an excellent stealth recon scout. Without the large shield running, odds are excellent two of the three reactors can be shut down and with three stealth coolers, this could be as quiet or quieter than the Lancers--the current quietest medium ship. The fact this source specifically called out it comes with 3 Stealth A coolers is the biggest tip-off that it is meant to be run with the shield down and 1-2 reactors off. Could be they're appealing to the same smuggling clientele as the 315P?

No word on the size radar but S2 is to be expected. No word on missiles, but expect them to be light. Built for 3 crew. Streamlined with a nice airframe, so built to handle nicely in atmosphere. Cargo, main and garage elevators (yes, three separate elevators), docking collar, Talisker in the wet bar. What else do you need?

I can picture using a ship like this to place stealth security buoys and plot future minefields, exploration, smuggling, even decent bounty hunting.

Last edited:

Sky Captain

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 13, 2018
RSI Handle
TheSkyCaptain
Glad to hear the 400i rumor mill continues.

The 'straight to flyable' rumor dates back at least to Alpha 3.12. So if it was a 'good' rumor then, it seems reasonable now too. I have not heard more on this recently though.

Seems to me that Citizencon needs to offer up some things - like the 400i - that refresh conversation topics on community sites and boards a bit so things aren't getting stale.

The new healing and gear drop mechanics are likely topic for that. Ships are always great for that too.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Glad to hear the 400i rumor mill continues.

The 'straight to flyable' rumor dates back at least to Alpha 3.12. So if it was a 'good' rumor then, it seems reasonable now too. I have not heard more on this recently though.

Seems to me that Citizencon needs to offer up some things - like the 400i - that refresh conversation topics on community sites and boards a bit so things aren't getting stale.

The new healing and gear drop mechanics are likely topic for that. Ships are always great for that too.
With the new healing mechanics coming, I'd like to see CIG give an update on the status of the Apollo ships. I also wonder if they'll be a dedicated medical capital ship with maybe double the capacity of med functions of the Endeavour. Something on par with the low to medium grade hospitals, but not as advanced as the hospitals in the major locations.

Reactions: Sky Captain

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
With all the leaks, still nothing on the 400i. Seems may go missing again.

So just noting what seems, 3.15 is not coming in Q3. Q3 ended a week ago. The Ares and Redeemer are not coming in 3.15, but in a later 3.15.2 patch. And it looks like no 400i, but I'd be thrilled to be wrong.

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
I like to go deep...............................

................reaaaaaaal deeeeeeeeeeep..................

.................... in my terrapin.

1633643457317.png

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
I like to go deep...............................

................reaaaaaaal deeeeeeeeeeep..................

.................... in my terrapin.

View attachment 21439
A little advice. Terrapins are somewhat delicate, but you can treat them a little rough sometimes. Once you get the door open, make sure you stop on the way in and play with the radar HUD a little before making the thrust to the pilot seat. Don't hold back, but make it last.

Aramsolari

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2019
RSI Handle
AramSolari
A little advice. Terrapins are somewhat delicate, but you can treat them a little rough. Once you get the door open, make sure you stop on the way in and play with the radar HUD a little before making the thrust to the pilot seat. Don't hold back, but make it last.
Don't stop....go on.

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
Don't stop....go on.
Listen, it was just a little advice between two Terrapin guys... and a Terrapin is kind of shy. Doesn't like even to be watched.

I also have a Prospector in my harem though. It is a little more exciting sometimes, especially when we're working o.O. (Just to spice things up a little we can take more risks.) Our favorite spot is a semi secluded place just the other side of Loveridge Mineral Reserve. If you play it just right, you can even get a load of Quantanium off - but you have to hurry. Not everyone likes that. But there are a lot of other things to try, which is a lot of fun too, just less risk. You can take your time, try different things ... it can be a lot of fun rolling around trying to find the best position. There's always some risk though, like you can try too hard, and end up blowing the entire load all at once. That's not too fun. Or you can find that you're being watched by someone itching for a fight... and my Prospector doesn't like that much, especially if someone approaches from the rear... that's not polite unless you ask you see. But from the front, there's a special surprise for uninvited guests who get too close and don't know about that stare. It can turn most into chopped liver in seconds.

... I'm not actually that good at story telling... in case you didn't notice.

Last edited:
Forgot your password?