Destiny 2 Interest Thread

What platform will you play TESTiny 2 on?

• Glorious PC Master race

Votes: 85 71.4%
  • Playstation 4

Votes: 8 6.7%
  • XBOX One

Votes: 7 5.9%
  • No!

Votes: 19 16.0%

• Total voters

VFV

Grand Admiral
Nov 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Vfv
You guys ready for this Osiris to drop tomorrow?
Well, destiny 2 sucked if you played it hardcore. Ran out of things to do within 2 weeks, raid was too easy and dumb. So far destiny 2 since launch has felt like an open beta with no content. And it sucks because it has so much potential. I am looking forward to the new content, but so far, the people that have played through the new campaign so far, were not too impressed. This needs to really put in some meat and potatoes.

Reactions: Blind Owl

rogesh

Space Marshal
Oct 25, 2014
RSI Handle
rogesh
Well, destiny 2 sucked if you played it hardcore. Ran out of things to do within 2 weeks, raid was too easy and dumb. So far destiny 2 since launch has felt like an open beta with no content. And it sucks because it has so much potential. I am looking forward to the new content, but so far, the people that have played through the new campaign so far, were not too impressed. This needs to really put in some meat and potatoes.
Yes but as a dirty casual I hated it that all my friends didn't want to play ansammeln because they reached lightlevel 305.... Nie in stuck with two characters that are almost 305. I had a girlfriend and have now my finals so I just haven't had the time to sink in that many hours as they had. And anyway I play because it's fun to play with friends. Reaching the top is just at 2nd. Place. I hated it when they abandoned the rest of the clan... XD

VFV

Grand Admiral
Nov 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Vfv
Yes but as a dirty casual I hated it that all my friends didn't want to play ansammeln because they reached lightlevel 305.... Nie in stuck with two characters that are almost 305. I had a girlfriend and have now my finals so I just haven't had the time to sink in that many hours as they had. And anyway I play because it's fun to play with friends. Reaching the top is just at 2nd. Place. I hated it when they abandoned the rest of the clan... XD
But it didn't take many hours to beat anything. Literally just an hour or two after work for two weeks and I had it all beat and maxed lol. That' pretty damn casual

rogesh

Space Marshal
Oct 25, 2014
RSI Handle
rogesh
But it didn't take many hours to beat anything. Literally just an hour or two after work for two weeks and I had it all beat and maxed lol. That' pretty damn casual
Well I played maybe 2-3 times a week for 1-2 hours so.... Sucks to be me I guess.

zeddie

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Test-Dummy
and now they're making it even easier for "casuals" to get stuff. apparently.

That being said, I'll wait for a bit... my wife just came back from her trip overseas so I won't have as much time to play.

UbEcLoWn

Space Marshal
Jun 13, 2014
RSI Handle
UbEcLoWn
I for one am having a blast with the game. But yea. I guess if all you're playing for is to get to max level I could see it not being that fun. I'm enjoying playing with everyone....and also jumping on in time to have blind owl be like..."I have to go to bed." Filthy casual.

Reactions: Blind Owl and VFV

VFV

Grand Admiral
Nov 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Vfv
I for one am having a blast with the game. But yea. I guess if all you're playing for is to get to max level I could see it not being that fun. I'm enjoying playing with everyone....and also jumping on in time to have blind owl be like..."I have to go to bed." Filthy casual.
Nope not just max power. Beat everything raid wise and PvP. This game just doesn't have any meat and potatoes to it. It is about as jam packed as an expansion should of been. Destiny 2 hasn't felt like a full game yet

rogesh

Space Marshal
Oct 25, 2014
RSI Handle
rogesh
Well wow is no different. Granted they have a few more raids but the endgame is pretty much the same. Pvp or raid. There is not much else to do besides farming. I play mmo's for the time spend with friends. And thats it. A game is always more fun with your merry bunch of idiots than just for the endgames sake. True d2 lacks in a few places but its still fun. I'll buy the expansion today and see if I can jump on later today (ECT +1).

zeddie

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Test-Dummy
well my wife went to bed early so I played a few hours of the story yesterday.
I did see you all in that chat room playing, but I wanted some alone time with the story first and also I didn't really want to talk to wake her up so didn't join in.

The story's quite interesting so far. Not sure if it's worth a full DLC price though. I also read that the new trace rifle is original VEX Mythoclast level OP in Crucible, and you can see a nerf incoming. I did get that "Red Death" Hand Cannon though, and it's super awesome!

VFV

Grand Admiral
Nov 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Vfv
Well wow is no different. Granted they have a few more raids but the endgame is pretty much the same. Pvp or raid. There is not much else to do besides farming. I play mmo's for the time spend with friends. And thats it. A game is always more fun with your merry bunch of idiots than just for the endgames sake. True d2 lacks in a few places but its still fun. I'll buy the expansion today and see if I can jump on later today (ECT +1).
Yup which is why I stopped playing wow. Wow was fun and challenging, up through burning crusade, so the replay was a lot of fun, getting 2200 in arena PvP was fun, then lich king comes out, and they just take away any kind of skill to the game and make everything super easy. So, I haven't played since then. Destiny is suffering the same way. No grind, super easy, raid is a joke, PvP is now a joke, no light level in PvP, super short story, no more random rolls for guns/no reason to get a god roll on a weapon anymore, the whole destiny 2 xp throttle controversy that they didn't tell players about till after a super smart Reddit guy figured it out, then they end up doubling the xp it takes to level anyways after being caught etc etc. If you are a real fan of destiny 1, especially during year 3, then destiny 2, doesn't even compare at the moment. It was lazily made, just like pretty much any other game currently out.

rogesh

Space Marshal
Oct 25, 2014
RSI Handle
rogesh
Yup which is why I stopped playing wow. Wow was fun and challenging, up through burning crusade, so the replay was a lot of fun, getting 2200 in arena PvP was fun, then lich king comes out, and they just take away any kind of skill to the game and make everything super easy. So, I haven't played since then. Destiny is suffering the same way. No grind, super easy, raid is a joke, PvP is now a joke, no light level in PvP, super short story, no more random rolls for guns/no reason to get a god roll on a weapon anymore, the whole destiny 2 xp throttle controversy that they didn't tell players about till after a super smart Reddit guy figured it out, then they end up doubling the xp it takes to level anyways after being caught etc etc. If you are a real fan of destiny 1, especially during year 3, then destiny 2, doesn't even compare at the moment. It was lazily made, just like pretty much any other game currently out.
I can't compare d1 to d2 since I never played the first one. All I'm saying is that I value the "playing together" part more than the actual grind/challenge part. I hated the grind in wow up to pandaria but the fun with friends made it worth it. That's what I'm missing in d2 since every one just stops playing as soon as they reach top lightlevel. In wow we would just continue playing. Even when you switched between pvp and pve. Afterall you won't stop playing rainbow 6 just because you unlocked your favorite operator and all his /her stuff. It's just frustrating when your clan members stop playing because they reached the cap. That is the point where I lose interest in a online game

Reactions: VFV and Blind Owl

VFV

Grand Admiral
Nov 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Vfv
I can't compare d1 to d2 since I never played the first one. All I'm saying is that I value the "playing together" part more than the actual grind/challenge part. I hated the grind in wow up to pandaria but the fun with friends made it worth it. That's what I'm missing in d2 since every one just stops playing as soon as they reach top lightlevel. In wow we would just continue playing. Even when you switched between pvp and pve. Afterall you won't stop playing rainbow 6 just because you unlocked your favorite operator and all his /her stuff. It's just frustrating when your clan members stop playing because they reached the cap. That is the point where I lose interest in a online game
So because of the things I mentioned earlier about destiny 1, people/friends would still keep playing even st max light. The PvP was better, the raids were a lot more fun, there was much more content, much more replay value.

In this dlc you can literally best it in an hour. All the advertisements about this dlc was trying to get you excited to learn more about osiris, and you barely even see him in the dlc. The main point of this expansion, isn't even in the expansion very much. Very stupid. And how much does the dlc cost? 20-30 bucks? For an hour of game play and everything else being the same and maybe a raid in awhile? In destiny one, every 20-30 dollar dlc wouild keep you roped in for at least a year. Now destiny two is aiming to take 20-30 bucks from ya about every 3 months for some very sub par story and game play. Not worth the value at all. Destiny one found that magical spot where even at max light, you would still play with your friends every night after work. I' not even going to touch this. There is a reason why destiny two has lost over 3 million or more of its player base. And why all YouTube reviewers, where destiny is their main source of content, even shit on the game lol.

UbEcLoWn

Space Marshal
Jun 13, 2014
RSI Handle
UbEcLoWn
So because of the things I mentioned earlier about destiny 1, people/friends would still keep playing even st max light. The PvP was better, the raids were a lot more fun, there was much more content, much more replay value.

In this dlc you can literally best it in an hour. All the advertisements about this dlc was trying to get you excited to learn more about osiris, and you barely even see him in the dlc. The main point of this expansion, isn't even in the expansion very much. Very stupid. And how much does the dlc cost? 20-30 bucks? For an hour of game play and everything else being the same and maybe a raid in awhile? In destiny one, every 20-30 dollar dlc wouild keep you roped in for at least a year. Now destiny two is aiming to take 20-30 bucks from ya about every 3 months for some very sub par story and game play. Not worth the value at all. Destiny one found that magical spot where even at max light, you would still play with your friends every night after work. I' not even going to touch this. There is a reason why destiny two has lost over 3 million or more of its player base. And why all YouTube reviewers, where destiny is their main source of content, even shit on the game lol.
Starting to sound a lot like the subreddit in here. Definitely took me more than an hour. If you don't like it don't play it. No big deal. You're definitely not going to convince me that I'm NOT having fun with the game.

Forgot your password?