Destiny 2: Warmind, Season 3, and so much more!

sum1

Space Marshal
Jun 26, 2015
RSI Handle
sum1
Ok, so Destiny 2: now you are in one of two camps with this game, you have played D1 or D2 and left for one of many reasons (many good) or you say some controversy over something and decided to pass. Both valid reasons, however things, they are a changing. So let's break down Destiny 2, and why you should give it another look.

What Destiny 2 has done right:
The game is FUN, the gunplay is AMAZING, the powers are AWESOME, and as always Nathon Fillion is, NATHON FILLION. Ok let me elaborate a bit, the game is well made, and can be really fun to play, especially with friends. with options for PvE with fireteams of 1-3 and 6 guardians. and PvP with fireteams of 1-6 guardians (4 and 6 being best for most PvP content). with different difficulties and activities to overcome, from casual events like public events, and strikes that let you crush your foes. to incredibly challenging events like the raid, raid lair, and prestige raid. that require your fireteam to work together for tough, complicated, and rewarding fights. every time you pick up your guns and head out is fun for any fan of FPS games.

What caused some issues:
the main issues people had with Destiny 2 were either the microtransactions or lack of endgame diversity and things to achieve or earn. I am very happy to announce this are or have been fixed!

Microtransactions:
Where Tess and Eververse have not left the game, they have added cosmetics to the rest of the game now as well. from cool ships and sparrows that you can earn by beating some of the hardest parts of the game, as well as very shiny paint jobs. Everything earned from microtransactions can be earned in game, and a lot of loot cannot be bought. I should also point out that nothing that benefits you in gameplay has EVER been buyable.
Endgame:
With a raid, and the second mini raid (raid lair) coming soon (if like the last two releases expect it a week after the season update.) as well as a new endgame activity coming on Mars (the location of the DLC), and a second new PvE mode coming in September. With a lot of new loot, a lot of new things to earn, and stuff to do for both PvE and PvP players. I mean A LOT.
Reworks:
the devs have been open to the community when it comes to their failers in the game and fixing what needs to be fixed. with this next release on the 8th of May, we are getting new reworks of old guns, as well as a brand new batch of stuff as well. they are taking some of the underused exotics weapons (with an amour rework dated for summer) and made them fun and cool to use. as well being able to upgrade your gear in crazy and unique ways, with Masterworks. these Masterworks will have a hitten quest that when you beat them will let you gain even more power on an exotic item. The Devs are also looking to keep changing and improving the experience, and they are not just saying it. they are showing us they take what the players want and finding a way to make Destiny great again.
More to come:
September will drop the massive DLC that you can plan on drastically changing the game (almost a second game's worth of content coming). I would recommend anyone getting this game pick up the first 2 DLCs as well as be ready to buy the September DLC.

This game is worth it, I have played so much over its short life, and I only enjoy playing it more and more.

Oh and FYI I am taking over the "Game of the Month Club" channel on discord when the DLC drops, ok, thx, bye

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
What caused some issues:
the main issues people had with Destiny 2 were either the micro transactions or lack of endgame diversity and things to achieve or earn. I am very happy to announce this are or have been fixed!

And here I my rational was that it was a RPG masquerading as a FPS and so enemies depending on their level to you would either pass out when you pointed at them or soak up every bullet you sent their way, or were randomness of bullet spread made luck factor in far more then skill (why I never touched Battlefield 1 or Battlefront).

The second issue I think is far more important and that is should we as a gaming community quickly forgive game studios and publishers that release a game with micro transactions only to tone down or alter them into anther form or should we hold fast to refuse to support them for the life of that game with a critical eye towards their future game releases?

sum1

Space Marshal
Jun 26, 2015
RSI Handle
sum1
And here I my rational was that it was a RPG masquerading as a FPS and so enemies depending on their level to you would either pass out when you pointed at them or soak up every bullet you sent their way, or were randomness of bullet spread made luck factor in far more then skill (why I never touched Battlefield 1 or Battlefront).
they are changing the system so you will have a lot more leeway, they still (and myself) want to make going against powerful over-leveled enemies harder and let you walk through lower leveled enemies. It is an RPG and an FPS, the two categories not excluive. but for the most part the RPG is held to loot, and the FPS is held to gameplay. they will increase the level of enemies to make some game modes harder, but that really is just going from easy to hard in the settings.

the randomness of bullet spread is very limited (even more so on PC) only SMGs and Auto Rifles have noticeable spread at the most extreme ranges, and that really just is a balancing thing, you can't have an auto rifle that can out damage a sniper rifle at long range. but tap firing is still highly effective. Also, there are precision weapons like Handcannons, Pulse Rifles, Scout Rifles, Linear Fusion Rifles, Sniper Rifles, and even slug shotguns these are guns I use a LOT of most with a 90%+ precision kill rate in PvE. in short, it's much more recoil then random, and the little random there is (and very little) only the longest ranges for balance reasons.

The second issue I think is far more important and that is should we as a gaming community quickly forgive game studios and publishers that release a game with micro transactions only to tone down or alter them into anther form or should we hold fast to refuse to support them for the life of that game with a critical eye towards their future game releases?
I have a few thoughts: First, the only microtransactions I will not buy into is pay-to-win. This has NEVER been the case in Destiny 2 I think cosmetic is ok as long as there is still gameplay ways to earn it, this has always been the case in Destiny 2 as well. Second, what they have done is add more cosmetics that you can't earn through money, you could always earn it in game, but now you can't get it all by paying. I would also disagree if there is an awesome game that the top people overuse microtransactions and the devs fix it I am all support for that change. In short, I want to be crystal clear about this, there have NEVER been any microtransactions in D2 outside of COSMETIC, and ALL cosmetics could be earned in the game easily, NOW some NEW items are UNBUYABLE and ONLY able to be EARNED through hard gameplay.

Reactions: hardroc77

SullyQuindarius

Admiral
Dec 24, 2017
RSI Handle
SullyQuindarius
Oh sweet! More D2 fans! I never played D1, but I started playing D2 a few months ago, and boy do I love it. I've bought both expansions, looking forward to the one coming out in May and then the big boi in September.

I only have two complaints with the game. 1 - weapon shaders are consumables. Ugh. 2 - the story is short, I binged through it in no time at all.

BUT, it is the only game with a story so far that has kept me on after the end of the story (Subnautica's story really isn't the main focus so that doesn't count). I still have tons of fun with the game.

sum1

Space Marshal
Jun 26, 2015
RSI Handle
sum1
Oh sweet! More D2 fans! I never played D1, but I started playing D2 a few months ago, and boy do I love it. I've bought both expansions, looking forward to the one coming out in May and then the big boi in September
We have a test clan, search "test sqn" owl, crude, docdshaft, and myself, are usually playing if we have time. DM me on discord if you need one and I will if I can. I have 9 prestige raid clears, (89 total clears I think) and do trials and everything else.

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
September will drop the massive DLC that you can plan on drastically changing the game (almost a second game's worth of content coming). I would recommend anyone getting this game pick up the first 2 DLCs as well as be ready to buy the September DLC.
Sounds like fun, is it worth my while getting into it at this stage?

sum1

Space Marshal
Jun 26, 2015
RSI Handle
sum1
I would say yes (if you get the DLCs with the game), we have had a lot of fixes, the game is in a really good state, we got a DLC dropping in under 2 weeks, a lot of new content has been revealed for the next 4 months, I honestly think it is only going to get better and better from the really good game that we have today. and as always I am more than happy to help new players and teach them the ropes.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Are you ok?
Yes, I and my immediate family are all good. My brother in law, however, was in a brutal car accident a few days ago. He broke his neck and back (and by the grace of God somehow didn't get killed or paralyzed, as he broke his C2), shattered his right elbow and shattered his left shoulder. He's got one hell of a road to recovery.

Anyways, we drove 14 hours from Kingston to Saint John today to be here for Eric and Mom, and the rest of the family. Thank God his little girl wasn't in the car with him when it happened.

And thank you for your concern. I really appreciate it.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Ok, so Destiny 2: now you are in one of two camps with this game, you have played D1 or D2 and left for one of many reasons (many good) or you say some controversy over something and decided to pass. Both valid reasons, however things, they are a changing. So let's break down Destiny 2, and why you should give it another look.

What Destiny 2 has done right:
The game is FUN, the gunplay is AMAZING, the powers are AWESOME, and as always Nathon Fillion is, NATHON FILLION. Ok let me elaborate a bit, the game is well made, and can be really fun to play, especially with friends. with options for PvE with fireteams of 1-3 and 6 guardians. and PvP with fireteams of 1-6 guardians (4 and 6 being best for most PvP content). with different difficulties and activities to overcome, from casual events like public events, and strikes that let you crush your foes. to incredibly challenging events like the raid, raid lair, and prestige raid. that require your fireteam to work together for tough, complicated, and rewarding fights. every time you pick up your guns and head out is fun for any fan of FPS games.

What caused some issues:
the main issues people had with Destiny 2 were either the microtransactions or lack of endgame diversity and things to achieve or earn. I am very happy to announce this are or have been fixed!

Microtransactions:
Where Tess and Eververse have not left the game, they have added cosmetics to the rest of the game now as well. from cool ships and sparrows that you can earn by beating some of the hardest parts of the game, as well as very shiny paint jobs. Everything earned from microtransactions can be earned in game, and a lot of loot cannot be bought. I should also point out that nothing that benefits you in gameplay has EVER been buyable.
Endgame:
With a raid, and the second mini raid (raid lair) coming soon (if like the last two releases expect it a week after the season update.) as well as a new endgame activity coming on Mars (the location of the DLC), and a second new PvE mode coming in September. With a lot of new loot, a lot of new things to earn, and stuff to do for both PvE and PvP players. I mean A LOT.
Reworks:
the devs have been open to the community when it comes to their failers in the game and fixing what needs to be fixed. with this next release on the 8th of May, we are getting new reworks of old guns, as well as a brand new batch of stuff as well. they are taking some of the underused exotics weapons (with an amour rework dated for summer) and made them fun and cool to use. as well being able to upgrade your gear in crazy and unique ways, with Masterworks. these Masterworks will have a hitten quest that when you beat them will let you gain even more power on an exotic item. The Devs are also looking to keep changing and improving the experience, and they are not just saying it. they are showing us they take what the players want and finding a way to make Destiny great again.
More to come:

This game is worth it, I have played so much over its short life, and I only enjoy playing it more and more.

Oh and FYI I am taking over the "Game of the Month Club" channel on discord when the DLC drops, ok, thx, bye
Concur!! The game is so damn fun to play, and it's only getting better. Come join us.
Oh sweet! More D2 fans! I never played D1, but I started playing D2 a few months ago, and boy do I love it. I've bought both expansions, looking forward to the one coming out in May and then the big boi in September.

I only have two complaints with the game. 1 - weapon shaders are consumables. Ugh. 2 - the story is short, I binged through it in no time at all.

BUT, it is the only game with a story so far that has kept me on after the end of the story (Subnautica's story really isn't the main focus so that doesn't count). I still have tons of fun with the game.
Yeah man, come join the clan. I'm away at the moment, but @Sum can hook you up.
We have a test clan, search "test sqn" owl, crude, docdshaft, and myself, are usually playing if we have time. DM me on discord if you need one and I will if I can. I have 9 prestige raid clears, (89 total clears I think) and do trials and everything else.
Join us. JOIN US!!
Hells yes! This game is a blast.

Reactions: hardroc77 and sum1

sum1

Space Marshal
Jun 26, 2015
RSI Handle
sum1
Destiny 2 is the early unlock game for Humble's monthly June bundle so base game for $12 if you only sub for the one month. Plus whatever other games they add to the bundle.
just make sure to pick up the DLCs on top of that.

Reactions: Blind Owl
Forgot your password?