Diablo 4 still bricking video cards

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
Hey all,

just as an FYI, if you have one of the weak cards that somehow did not get nuked in New World, (evga 3090) or you have a specific version of a gigabyte 3080ti….diablo 4 can still nuke your video card…

So..make sure you lock your framerates on the NVIDIA control panel if you are using one of the suspect cards….or you might end up like me and rep

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Is this the same issue from New World where the menu was unlimited frames?

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
If running it flat out nukes it then it was a crap card with inferior cooling. You should be able to run furmark for hours without an issue.

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
Very possibly, which is why I said weak card. That said, I just installed a known good card, and I am still not getting anything Detected in my PCI slots, but I am getting on board graphics. I don’t know what the heck is going on, so it might go to tech support to find out.

GremNils

Lieutenant
Sep 22, 2023
RSI Handle
GremNils
It seems that except for EVGA there were no more problems with the cards, but unfortunately there was a jamb both on the part of the NW developers there and on the part of EVGA itself, in any case, this was fixed a long time ago, but I have not encountered such a problem in Diablo, at least not I saw articles or news about this. And if suddenly something happens to your card and you can’t play, you should always contact support, and to avoid losing your playing time, use d4 boost.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
It seems that except for EVGA there were no more problems with the cards, but unfortunately there was a jamb both on the part of the NW developers there and on the part of EVGA itself, in any case, this was fixed a long time ago, but I have not encountered such a problem in Diablo, at least not I saw articles or news about this. And if suddenly something happens to your card and you can’t play, you should always contact support, and to avoid losing your playing time, use d4 boost.
Welcome to TEST!

Why not drop a post in the new members section or let us know what your favourite type of cheese is? We're big fans of cheese here.

Forgot your password?