Other Discord AND professions

Viper123

Captain
Apr 2, 2016
RSI Handle
Viper123
so i was thinking as im going to be a part of rock raiders i was wondering if maybe the discrord will eventualy have devision channels for the devisions that have lots of members

thanks

Reactions: Grimbli

Arrangingstars

Space Marshal
Nov 21, 2014
RSI Handle
Arrangingstars
so i was thinking as im going to be a part of rock raiders i was wondering if maybe the discrord will eventualy have devision channels for the devisions that have lots of members

thanks
The current setup of Discord will definitely be majorly overhauled at a future time to accommodate for the needs of the members/groups within TEST. So to answer your question, yes definitely!

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Hell, we may need channels for single multicrew ships! Some of them get up pretty high. Even a Starfarer is 7.
True fact. Could be a shit show otherwise. Will be in actuality, as we'll need to be able to communicate to various ships during large fleet action. We'll need multiple nets. One for the entire squadron to communicate during those large actions, and another to communicate within your own ship. Perhaps even a third to communicate within your wing. IE a battle wing of 5 sabres defending a cap ship. They would need open comms between them. Separate from the main squadron net.

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
We'll need multiple nets. One for the entire squadron to communicate during those large actions, and another to communicate within your own ship. Perhaps even a third to communicate within your wing. IE a battle wing of 5 sabres defending a cap ship. They would need open comms between them. Separate from the main squadron net.
Don't forget one channel for all the Engineers!

"This guy flies the ship like they grow on fucking trees! How's your "Captain" doing over there?"

Viper123

Captain
Apr 2, 2016
RSI Handle
Viper123
gooood thats great star i just think it would make it a hell of a lot easier especialy if theres large like mining divisions or search and rescue or logistics or whatever
Hell, we may need channels for single multicrew ships! Some of them get up pretty high. Even a Starfarer is 7.
exacly and even then that does not count the people standing up like security or whatever there was about 8 of us in a freelancer yesterday (i stowed away haha)

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
Don't forget one channel for all the Engineers!

"This guy flies the ship like they grow on fucking trees! How's your "Captain" doing over there?"
"'I need more power! I need more power! Fix this! Fix that!' I swear, if the whiny pansy don't shut up I'm rigging his toilet in reverse."

Snakey

Grand Admiral
Donor
Jul 15, 2015
RSI Handle
SNKYGMG
so many channels, so much funding. But [CONCERN] no more! Introducing:

USING OUR NEW AND IMPROVED C.O.P.I (Computerised Operating Programing Intelligence) SYSTEM, YOU CAN TALK TO TESTIES ALL OVER THE GLOBE (For Ten monthly payments of $99.99.99.99) BUY YOURS TODAY!!!!!!!

*(Warning Long periods of skype w/o 42% beer intake pre 1m³ per hour may lead to soberness. Proceed with caution as this may make you realise what life is and then proceed to move to the Atlas orginisation)

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I just want to be able to create Semi Temp/Temp channels for game play.
You would need to get a lot of people together and urge the company that made Discord to do it. TS3 has had it for years.
I'm not a software engineer code guy, so I have no idea, so; how hard would it be to apply said changes? @Arrangingstars has stated that there will be a major overhaul, so I'm guessing that Discord already has this in the works, yes?

Reactions: CrudeSasquatch

Myre

Pit Crew
Staff member
Feb 12, 2015
RSI Handle
Myre
In-game positional audio should be in with fully functional multi-crew gaming to help facilitate voice coms between friends in say a Constellation etc. Additionally Discord will be releasing temporary group communication in the future so options will be plentiful, just you wait!

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
In-game positional audio should be in with fully functional multi-crew gaming to help facilitate voice coms between friends in say a Constellation etc. Additionally Discord will be releasing temporary group communication in the future so options will be plentiful, just you wait!
Positional audio and group comms. Sweet. Thank Myre.

Forgot your password?