[Discussion] What ground rules should we canonize in TEST?

SARGE

Space Marshal
Feb 13, 2015
RSI Handle
SARGE | SARGE5th
Rule # 1
Montoya's nipples are law
Rule # 2
Montoya's areolas are the light that shines in your darkness
Rule # 3
Crash, but most important, crash drunk!
Rule # 4
Rob, cheat, steal, pillage not your brother and sister form TEST (unless otherwise condoned), please refer to old testament #2: Don't be a dick!
Rule # 5

K1NG

Captain
Feb 21, 2015
RSI Handle
K1NG_Brit
#1: love your fellow test bro/gal

B: if its red it's dead

Point 3: take a shot every time a red is killed

Krystal LeChuck

Meme Meister
Staff member
Officer
Jun 10, 2014
RSI Handle
Krystal
If you have to discuss the rules, you are doing something wrong in the first place. As to whom you should shoot or not and what the rules of engagement are, then you should either a) mind your own business, or b) listen to the very specific orders and objectives of the specific call to arms. If your own business interferes with another TESTies business then a) talk with them, b) talk with leadership.

Those are pretty basic things that we shouldn't even be talking about. I have been in huge orgs/alliances in EVE since 2004, even managed a few of them. Never had the need for strict rules and guidelines and shit like that. Whenever someone came in and said something along the lines of "Hey, this was not on the rules! You guys are dicks for not telling me I should not bomb my own fleet!" or "Hey I did not know we should not go ratting with our biggest enemies and give out corp secrets! It was not on the rules!" then one thing was certain, that person was trouble.

Also this thread is heresy.

K1NG

Captain
Feb 21, 2015
RSI Handle
K1NG_Brit
To be fair Chuck, life in star citizen ain't gonna be as simple as EvE. We could load up an overview and know who was 'red, blue or neut' straight away.

Admittedly it's mostly common sense. But you never know.

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato
Not yet. It bears noting that people by nature will become complacent over time, so regularly refreshing on these fundamental ground rules as well as having regular discussion to reinforce our common understanding and points of views will prove to be beneficial to TEST.

We regularly get new members every week. We've got long-time members who may or may not be prone to complacency. We've got Montoya, who might end up becoming a Cueball Dicktator at some point in the future. And it also helps keep our leadership folks comfortable knowing that we're self-policing.

By regularly, and periodically touching base on the fundamentals in a public discussion, we have the benefit of checking these potential points of contention, and ensuring that TEST continues to function as a relaxed organization.

Frisbeerocker

Commissar
May 31, 2014
RSI Handle
Frisbeerocker87
Not yet. It bears noting that people by nature will become complacent over time, so regularly refreshing on these fundamental ground rules as well as having regular discussion to reinforce our common understanding and points of views will prove to be beneficial to TEST.

We regularly get new members every week. We've got long-time members who may or may not be prone to complacency. We've got Montoya, who might end up becoming a Cueball Dicktator at some point in the future. And it also helps keep our leadership folks comfortable knowing that we're self-policing.

By regularly, and periodically touching base on the fundamentals in a public discussion, we have the benefit of checking these potential points of contention, and ensuring that TEST continues to function as a relaxed organization.
Suggesting Montoya isn't already a Cueball Dicktator, how quaint.

Forgot your password?