Disobyed Montoya, but glad I did (Don't worry a good thing). I think!

cerated

Captain
Sep 10, 2017
RSI Handle
cerated
Over the past day I took the time to watch all of the SotS. I originally started with duh the most recent. Then I watched the one before and then I realised I didn't have all of the necessary information or context. So I started at the beginning; which mind you wasn't the beginning if memory serves it's 7. This gave me a wealth of insight into the organisation and how it grew over the past years and the community connection as a whole.

So for new people I highly suggest watching them even if Montoya implies they are all not worth watching (this is mentioned in one of the episodes); because again I feel like it helps you to appreciate the journey everyone has been on while we weren't here. For those who haven't watched them all the journey is quite interesting and it helps you to see many of the members you may have already been talking to. As Montoya says during LA CitizenCon Episode at the TEST Barbecue putting names to faces is really important and by watching the VLOG you almost in a small way feel like you get to know the people.

Lastly, a couple of suggestions (wait must put on body armour before receiving beating) for our Glorious Leader if I might.. Know you are incredibly busy with Ninja Girl and Kids (I'm a father too). The following might be a youtube issue no idea.
1. All of the SotS aren't in the play list
2. For some reason they aren't listed in order so when you execute the playlist functionality they go out of order

So thats what I did and I'm glad I did it. Onto reading through more of the forum material and catching up whats been happening in our Glorious Squadron; Best Squardon

cer

Last edited:

cerated

Captain
Sep 10, 2017
RSI Handle
cerated
That wasnt a CIG bbq, that was a TEST bbq. We organized and planned that. And one of our members was kind enough to let us us his [parent's] house for it.

Good times.
Yeah just refering to it being attached to his trip to the CIG event, but I will make it more clear the barbecue was a separate function.

All sorted now, thanks.

Grimm_Reaper

Space Marshal
May 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Grimm_Reaper
I didn't know what SoTS was, I googled... and got the Secretary of the State. It led me to Dennis Merrill twitter feed. Thought she was a Testie. Apparently shes the Secretary of the State of Connecticut :fearful:. Figured I might be in the wrong place. But with 12k members she could be a Testie. That can't be right though so I looked down further and Sot means habitual or chronic drunkard. I felt I was getting closer but could not find 16 definitions on it. So perhaps they were real episodes.

Today I had a problem with Yellow Jackets. The real ones not you bunch of drunkards. They ate through my wall and swarmed one of my bedrooms. They apparently blotted out the sun in my room. Well after smelling some eco friendly fumes with the pest guy it dawned on me. Its State of the Squadron. Now I have a headache. Its either old cells comming alive or new ones dying.

Disclaimer: I would highly not recommend smelling fumes to jog your memory though. Just cut back on that beer.

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
Yeah, the SOTS are worth watching.
Always good for a laugh as well. (intended)
Its actually a decent idea. I may go back and watch them all in order this weekend.
Yes I agree and I too do regular visit to SoTS great fun to watch and a lot of cool history to smash your brain with
:beers: :beers: :beers:

cerated

Captain
Sep 10, 2017
RSI Handle
cerated
I didn't know what SoTS was, I googled... and got the Secretary of the State. It led me to Dennis Merrill twitter feed. Thought she was a Testie. Apparently shes the Secretary of the State of Connecticut :fearful:. Figured I might be in the wrong place. But with 12k members she could be a Testie. That can't be right though so I looked down further and Sot means habitual or chronic drunkard. I felt I was getting closer but could not find 16 definitions on it. So perhaps they were real episodes.

Today I had a problem with Yellow Jackets. The real ones not you bunch of drunkards. They ate through my wall and swarmed one of my bedrooms. They apparently blotted out the sun in my room. Well after smelling some eco friendly fumes with the pest guy it dawned on me. Its State of the Squadron. Now I have a headache. Its either old cells comming alive or new ones dying.

Disclaimer: I would highly not recommend smelling fumes to jog your memory though. Just cut back on that beer.
Love this reply and it put a smile on my face after a crappy day.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Still waiting on SOTS 16
SOTS 16 is self aware and when it appears it will herald the Great Machine Uprising which will consume us all!

*Secures aluminum foil hat to head with aluminum foil tape*
You mean you two haven't seen SOTS 16? I particularly enjoyed the part where Montoya made a Replicant and named it VirtualAce. The replicant had a pretty bad memory in the video, halfway through it started calling itself N_Forcer and a bunch of other names.

Montoya had two choices, destroy this faulty machine or banish it forever. Montoya is merciful, knowing the wretched life this thing would have he had to destroy it, so he cast the replicant into a huge volcano...

...there were stories from the locals living near that volcano for a short while afterwards of a humanoid creature that glowed in the dark, as a piece of metal glows red-hot... Wherever it walked it left scorched footprints and vegetation caught alight under the heat it radiated.

Although its exterior eventually cooled its interior remained a boiling cauldron of molten hate. Although the locals stories slowly dried up and the creature was forgotten, apparently if you are in the right place at the right time and you listen really really hard, you can still hear on the wind it screeching into the night: "I don't pad-camp, I use 'Tactics'! You are not allowed multiple accounts to be in my Org - I have them, but for me thats allowed! You can't control your Org of Trolls! Stop your members harassing me! I've added you to my Kill On Sight List! Listen to me, I only tell the truth! Everything turned out the way I planned it!"

And that was only the intro.

Last edited:

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
You mean you two haven't seen SOTS 16? I particularly enjoyed the part where Montoya made a Replicant and named it VirtualAce. The replicant had a pretty bad memory in the video, halfway through it started calling itself N_Forcer and a bunch of other names.

Montoya had two choices, destroy this faulty machine or banish it forever. Montoya is merciful, knowing the wretched life this thing would have he had to destroy it, so he cast the replicant into a huge volcano...

...there were stories from the locals living near that volcano for a short while afterwards of a humanoid creature that glowed in the dark, as a piece of metal glows red-hot... Wherever it walked it left scorched footprints and vegetation caught alight under the heat it radiated.

Apparently, if you are in the right place at the right time and you listen really hard, you can still hear it screeching into the night: "I don't pad-camp, I use 'Tactics'! You are not allowed multiple accounts to be in my Org - I have them, but for me thats allowed! You can't control your Org of Trolls! Stop your members harassing me! I've added you to my Kill On Sight List! Listen to me, I only tell the truth! Everything turned out the way I planned it!"

LIES

Frisbeerocker

Commissar
May 31, 2014
RSI Handle
Frisbeerocker87

Although its exterior eventually cooled its interior remained a boiling cauldron of molten hate. Although the locals stories slowly dried up and the creature was forgotten, apparently if you are in the right place at the right time and you listen really really hard, you can still hear on the wind it screeching into the night: "I don't pad-camp, I use 'Tactics'! You are not allowed multiple accounts to be in my Org - I have them, but for me thats allowed! You can't control your Org of Trolls! Stop your members harassing me! I've added you to my Kill On Sight List! Listen to me, I only tell the truth! Everything turned out the way I planned it!"

Lol fucking great.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I'd prefer to use "Creative reinterpretation of the events".

Alright, the truth* is that SOTS 16 contains the answers. Not just to TEST or Star Citizen related stuff, it really did contain ALL the answers to EVERYTHING. Unfortunately the world and reality itself depends on uncertainty - because Quantum Mechanics relies on not knowing stuff for it to work. To answer EVERYTHING would destroy realities foundations in Quantum Mechanics, and everything we know would vanish in the blink of an instant... the mere presence of SOTS 16 in Montoyas house on a computer attached to the internet warped the fabric of reality around it, destabilising the moons orbit and creating a mighty storm over Montoyas house. Uploading to the web would spread the Answer and once at critical mass would not be able to be stopped...

Moments before he hit Upload, a mighty lightening bolt, perhaps a final paniced roll of the dice by reality itself, flew from the storm overhead and struck Montoyas house, and although his computer was not destroyed his Internet connection was badly damaged and he was not able to upload...

By the time his internet was fixed, SOTS 17 was due, so it went out and SOTS 16's chance to be broadcast was missed. It remains on a dusty hard-drive in Montoyas office slowly degrading and corrupting under the weight of answers it contains. Every moment it exists without being uploaded is a step further away from disaster as the data slowly consumes itself, breaking its bonds with reality by breaking the Quantum Mechanics which allow it to exist in the first place...

Every once in a while Reality itself strikes his house with lightening again to remind him not to upload SOTS 16, as doing so could still be the end of everything as we know it.

*May not be 100% truthful.

Last edited:

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
I'd prefer to use "Creative reinterpretation of the events".

Alright, the truth* is that SOTS 16 contains the answers. Not just to TEST or Star Citizen related stuff, it really did contain ALL the answers to EVERYTHING. Unfortunately the world and reality itself depends on uncertainty - because Quantum Mechanics relies on not knowing stuff for it to work. To answer EVERYTHING would destroy realities foundations in Quantum Mechanics, and everything we know would vanish in the blink of an instant... the mere presence of SOTS 16 in Montoyas house on a computer attached to the internet warped the fabric of reality around it, destabilising the moons orbit and creating a mighty storm over Montoyas house. Uploading to the web would spread the Answer and once at critical mass would not be able to be stopped...

Moments before he hit Upload, a mighty lightening bolt, perhaps a final paniced roll of the dice by reality itself, flew from the storm overhead and struck Montoyas house, and although his computer was not destroyed his Internet connection was badly damaged and he was not able to upload...

By the time his internet was fixed, SOTS 17 was due, so it went out and SOTS 16's chance to be broadcast was missed. It remains on a dusty hard-drive in Montoyas office slowly degrading and corrupting under the weight of answers it contains. Every moment it exists without being uploaded is a step further away from disaster as the data slowly consumes itself, breaking its bonds with reality by breaking the Quantum Mechanics which allow it to exist in the first place...

Every once in a while Reality itself strikes his house with lightening again to remind him not to upload SOTS 16, as doing so could still be the end of everything as we know it.

*May not be 100% truthful.
is there a TL;DR?

Forgot your password?