Distortion Repeaters

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
There is no equipment insurance. That's the cost of losing a ship you have the way you want it. Pretty sure this is the long term plan.
I concur

Org-funded or -reimbursed fleets will be bog-standard ships, individuals can customise their ships on their own dime and absorb the losses

in Eve Online, when a ship is destroyed there is a random chance that components will be salvageable

with SC's more detailed damage system salvageability will likely depend on proximity to the damage

unless your small ship takes a hit from an S9 torpedo and is totally vaporized

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
There is no equipment insurance. That's the cost of losing a ship you have the way you want it. Pretty sure this is the long term plan.
I concur

Org-funded or -reimbursed fleets will be bog-standard ships, individuals can customise their ships on their own dime and absorb the losses

in Eve Online, when a ship is destroyed there is a random chance that components will be salvageable

with SC's more detailed damage system salvageability will likely depend on proximity to the damage

unless your small ship takes a hit from an S9 torpedo and is totally vaporized
If the above comes to pass, i'll have to pledge on an LTI ship that comes with distortion repeaters and claim on that when I have to claim on my main ride, too.

Assuming they ever do an LTI ship with an S3 distortion repeater. Maybe they'll do a 'BobFace variant 350R with an S3 distortion repeater on the nose and 2x s2 omniskys on the wings. And a Pet Rock on the dash 'cos it's the 'BobFace variant.

Reactions: Mich Angel

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
I think you'll be able to simply purchase most weapons. Should not be a big deal unless you want to mount something very unusual like a Vanduul plasma cannon. The bigger expense will likely be things like ammo and missiles. You mat need to travel to get what you want, but players will be moving weapons too so odds are good you can get some things everywhere, and some places will have almost all the things.

Heartwood

Space Marshal
Oct 30, 2017
RSI Handle
Heartwood
There is no equipment insurance
That is currently the case. But there will be, right? At least i remember CI talking about layers of insurances, one for the hull with basic loadout (that's our beloved LTI) and another one for - cargo/other stuff, and - components/weapons.

Creating an ensurance, that can replicate any possible loadout for a price.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
That is currently the case. But there will be, right?
Pretty sure the plan has always been that you can't insure equipment save what is stock on your bird when it is replaced, since it comes with. The cost of getting your custom ride all blowed up is you lose all the custom stuff. If you had to tread far and wide to get that special set of chillers, you will need to do it all over again, unless of course, you bought replacements for your stock when you were in Ayr'ka. So bring your piggy bank on those long business trips.

Frad in'Ryth

Vice Admiral
May 25, 2017
RSI Handle
FradinRyth
Pretty sure the plan has always been that you can't insure equipment save what is stock on your bird when it is replaced, since it comes with. The cost of getting your custom ride all blowed up is you lose all the custom stuff. If you had to tread far and wide to get that special set of chillers, you will need to do it all over again, unless of course, you bought replacements for your stock when you were in Ayr'ka. So bring your piggy bank on those long business trips.
There's going to be component insurance to cover added on items. It's just going to cost you a fair bit vs hull insurance which is supposed to be cheap.

Reactions: Mich Angel
Forgot your password?