Do you prefer walking, driving or flying?

What are you excited for? (Multiple answers allowed)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Teru

Space Marshal
Aug 31, 2016
RSI Handle
Teru
Hey, just thinking about the future state of the game. It has everything I want in a game, the seamless transition between walking, driving and flying. Not to mention a breathing economy and permanent deaths.

With all this in the works, what do you think Cloud Imperium Games should focus on / most excited to do in the near future (3.0)

Beerjerker

Grand Admiral
Sep 8, 2015
RSI Handle
Beerjerker
I can't claim to have been following SC since the beginning. When I heard SC was going to be a space sim, I thought "hmm... that sounds fun. I'll keep my eye on it." But it wasn't until I heard more details about it being a FPS, combined arms game in outer space, that I started to really pay attention.

The proposed death mechanic, trying to find a more interesting way to inspire the player to value their own character's life, really sounds interesting. Most games either seem to support you being completely reckless and suicidal to attain a goal, or they encourage you to be so careful that you never want to take any chances or risk "losing" the game.

I'm not familiar with MMO's or in-game economies or industries enough to know what to expect or what to look forward to. I'll rely on fellow TESTies to put me to work and help me figure out those aspects, or just lend me a redshirt and tell me to find out what that noise was.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I prefer crashing! Why is that not an option?

Seriously though, space, space, space. I have been waiting for a decent space sim since Freelancer. That game just did it for me. In every aspect. All the things you could do, with an overarching storyline. It was just awesome.

I'm praying that Chris brings the same magic to Star Citizen.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Point me towards the nearest cute little alien that looks so innocent that it could never be a bloodthirsty menace bent on consuming human flesh!
I shall ensure you're well armed: carbon fibre chastity collar to protect your neck, full armour, with hydraulic armoured doors around your business area, so once you've made your move you can expose only the bits you need to. One at a time. At your own risk. Hell, the entire entire of armour will be fully customizable. Designed by drake though...no ejection seat. ;)
I kinda hope we get to dick around with submarines....Plunging through the ice to seek bizarre creatures on a frozen moon would be fun.
Aurora. ;)

Last edited:

Beerjerker

Grand Admiral
Sep 8, 2015
RSI Handle
Beerjerker
I shall ensure you're well armed: carbon fibre chastity collar to protect your neck, full armour, with hydraulic armoured doors around your business area, so once you've made your move you can expose only the bits you need to. One. At your own risk. Hell, the entire sit of armor will be fully customizable. Designed by drake though...no ejection seat. ;)

Aurora. ;)
A Canadian tuxedo?
bundle-up.png

But with guns?

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli

Han Burgundy

Space Marshal
Jan 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Han-Burgundy
"Well, it's a SPACEship,
Constructed of super-hard metal alloys that can resist many forms of stress and strain from a multitude of many factors that a traveler is likely to encounter among the stars. Some planets have a very dense atmosphere to slog through, so if one were to solve the issue of propulsion, everything else should work just fine underwater. Air-tight is air tight. (I secretly just want to drive a rover on the seafloor.)

Varku

Space Marshal
Apr 21, 2016
RSI Handle
Varku
I'm exited to find all the great places, to take a break and eat a cookie, then i walk/fly/drive to the next spot and eat an other Cookie.
I'll continue doing so until i run out of cookies. Obviusly i can't eat Cookies without having any, so i have to find someone who has Cookies.
And than, this someone will be one who used to have cookies Muhahahaa!
Me smart, me will have all the Coookies, yes!

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
I prefer crashing! Why is that not an option?

Seriously though, space, space, space. I have been waiting for a decent space sim since Freelancer. That game just did it for me. In every aspect. All the things you could do, with an overarching storyline. It was just awesome.

I'm praying that Chris brings the same magic to Star Citizen.
I'm pretty sure he will do this. Besides: the word "perfectionism" should be renamed in "Chris Roberts": "Why the hell does it take so long, I mean: two days for building one Lego(TM) spaceship? You are such a Chris Roberts!" :D ;)

I can't believe my ex-wife is still posting theses slutty pictures. ;)

Canadian tuxedo indeed. Haha. I'm going to arm you with @Han Burgundy, @Zapp Brannigan, and @CrudeSasquatch. That should be enough guns.
But...they are not able to aim. Do they aim at all?? Wait - I yesterday went into Arena Commander and had to find out: everybody seems to aim except from me.... ... .... ... Count me in, I'm perfect fitting into your crew! :D

"How many atmospheres of pressure can our ship withstand?"

"Well, it's a SPACEship, so between one and zero."
HAhaha, that gave me a laugh! Quite right though, its funny to read it this way :D

@ topic: every time I'm going into space fights I have to find out that I'm not able to survive in space. So, I'm not pretty sure what I'll do in future, except only from one thing: I won't be a pirate or bounty hunter.

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
Constructed of super-hard metal alloys that can resist many forms of stress and strain from a multitude of many factors that a traveler is likely to encounter among the stars. Some planets have a very dense atmosphere to slog through, so if one were to solve the issue of propulsion, everything else should work just fine underwater. Air-tight is air tight. (I secretly just want to drive a rover on the seafloor.)
The quote is from Futurama. ;)

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
As I understand it, the 1 refers to Earth's atmospheric pressure. It would seem that would limit us from a lot of planets with a denser atmosphere.
See above :D

But really it's all about the way the engines work. They may not function underwater. And the heat venting system? You'd just be boiling the water around you.

DeepDrum

Captain
Jun 27, 2016
RSI Handle
DeepDrum
I like all the modes mentioned.
I will formulate a final opinion when I can actually engage in all those modes.
For now I fly more than I walk.

Forgot your password?