Does this make you feel old??

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
You know what really bothers me about games these days..... That new feature they started putting in racing games where you can "Rewind" to fix a mistake you made. Why would they do that, now new players have a crutch and can't learn how to be true gamers by doing the race over and over and actually learn how to drive the game shaving 1 second off by going through the grass or whatever.

hardroc77

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 27, 2015
RSI Handle
hardroc77
You know what really bothers me about games these days..... That new feature they started putting in racing games where you can "Rewind" to fix a mistake you made. Why would they do that, now new players have a crutch and can't learn how to be true gamers by doing the race over and over and actually learn how to drive the game shaving 1 second off by going through the grass or whatever.
These kids have it so easy nowadays. In my day we...........

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
Know what makes me feel old? Knowing that the old Batman TAS and 90s X-men cartoon series are still superior to most TV today, live action or animated, in how they worked through problems and imparting valuable advice while telling compelling stories that made you care about the characters.

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
My daughter recently turned 19 years old. Makes me feel kind of old. And having watched "The Love Bug" in TV and "Bernard & Bianca" in the cinema... And the fact, that people, wo where born in 1994 - the year I've absolved my highschool diploma - today could be my boss.... *brrrr*

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Oooooooh pretty.
I like that for an idea. Good find old chap.

Oh oh, bet @Blind Owl will like it too. :-p
I do! I'd love too build one of these.
Know what makes me feel old? Knowing that the old Batman TAS and 90s X-men cartoon series are still superior to most TV today, live action or animated, in how they worked through problems and imparting valuable advice while telling compelling stories that made you care about the characters.
You've obviously never watched Treehouse. Mike the Knight and Ranger Rob are great for these kinds of things.

Last edited:

hardroc77

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 27, 2015
RSI Handle
hardroc77
I know what you mean. There will never be another game show like the Gong Show. It was perfect. Never gonna happen again in this life time.

hardroc77

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 27, 2015
RSI Handle
hardroc77
My daughter recently turned 19 years old. Makes me feel kind of old. And having watched "The Love Bug" in TV and "Bernard & Bianca" in the cinema... And the fact, that people, wo where born in 1994 - the year I've absolved my highschool diploma - today could be my boss.... *brrrr*
My 21 year old "turned me on" to this gutarist he "found".
"Dad, you ever here of a guy named Jeff Beck? He's incredible."
Now my grey hairs are falling out faster then before.

marctek

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 7, 2015
RSI Handle
Marctek
Haha, track parties on the Badgers were always a blast. Those 4 tonne Leo 1 tracks were a blast to build.

I reckon I know better about tanks not aging well, because for the last few years (before switching to Int last summer) I ran a 40 Year old tank. Yeah, the girls needed a lot of TLC, but they still did the job.
What kind of tanks do you Canucks drive any way. I cross trained in fire control systems when I was on active duty. That was over 20 years ago. I remember geeking out on the thermal imaging systems.

We had one M1 that got sunk in a muddy creek and completely fried all the circuits. There were some upset people on that one, when we told them it couldn't be fixed.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
What kind of tanks do you Canucks drive any way. I cross trained in fire control systems when I was on active duty. That was over 20 years ago. I remember geeking out on the thermal imaging systems.

We had one M1 that got sunk in a muddy creek and completely fried all the circuits. There were some upset people on that one, when we told them it couldn't be fixed.
Canada runs the Leopard 2's for MBT's. Our AEVs (which is what I drove) were based on the old Leo 1 chassis. There are new ones in production right now based on the Leo 2 chassis though. Those machines are beasts. So pretty.

Forgot your password?