Does this make you feel old??

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Nah. I'd rather be this age than not. @Blind Owl, I hear ya, still have those days when I drink like, well, drink like I'm young again. BTW, Blind Owl, you named after, or are you, from Canned Heat? Getting older everyday, I hope.
Unfortunately, my name comes from nothing so cool as Canned Heat or Mr. Wilson, haha. I do believe that had Mr. Wilson survived he may have a good 35 years on me.

Last edited:

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I clicked "'lay' thinking "Pffft I won't know any of these" NOPE every single one of them. FOr me it was Desert Strike on the original Game Boy I was reminded most of.

Also, I got Hunt For The Red October on the original Game Boy when it came out in 1996. I completed it in 2014. That shit took me 18 years! Although admittedly I was only playing it for like 6 of those years then found it again in a drawer in 2014 and beat it immediately.

Happy memories.

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
That video legit gave me ass cancer. I now have ass cancer, guys. Thanks a million for the ass cancer.

Frankly, most of those items on the list made gaming fun, especially everything relating to console games. Having to beat an entire game in one sitting made it super difficult; the whole "member mechanical mice?" bit was incredibly stupid, and not how mice actually worked. They were fairly accurate and games of the time didn't require the same amount of precision OW does. Seriously, you're talking about gaming on a resolution of 600x400 or 800x600, which is incredibly small compared to 1080 and beyond.

No, the biggest thing that disappeared with video games is the challenge; true challenge. Playing ME:A on the default hardest difficulty is like a punch to the dick while your arms are being held down. It hurts because you have no say in the difficulty. I'm being sniped by carbines at a distance. That's not hard, that's impossible, especially if their weapons hit 3x harder than mine.

The art of video games has become sullied with cheap imitations of the once great games. I still haven't played BotW, but I hear it's amazing, though still has some cheezy modern-gaming bits thrown in. CoD is a shell of it's once great storytelling roots. Battlefield... well, both CoD and BF are multiplayer only, at this point. The only reason why someone would want to finish the single-player campaigns are if there are specific Multiplayer rewards for doing so.

/end rant before I continue on to oblivion... or the game Oblivion...
Any game that required you to rise above your own limits and grow was a good game.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Lol, @Blind Owl. You replave tracks every 50,000 miles to get the best petformance out of them. You don't let them rust on :P

You just gotta build and replace parts as they wear.
Haha, track parties on the Badgers were always a blast. Those 4 tonne Leo 1 tracks were a blast to build.

I reckon I know better about tanks not aging well, because for the last few years (before switching to Int last summer) I ran a 40 Year old tank. Yeah, the girls needed a lot of TLC, but they still did the job.

Stevetank

Lead Aurora Theorycrafter
Donor
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Stevetank
Haha, track parties on the Badgers were always a blast. Those 4 tonne Leo 1 tracks were a blast to build.

I reckon I know better about tanks not aging well, because for the last few years (before switching to Int last summer) I ran a 40 Year old tank. Yeah, the girls needed a lot of TLC, but they still did the job.
Can't say I've been inside too many tanks, lol. I envy you. Just hope that I don't start firing blanks too soon, ha.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Can't say I've been inside too many tanks, lol. I envy you. Just hope that I don't start firing blanks too soon, ha.
Believe me, the novelty wears off. Well, it does in those old girls. Cramped and loud, spewing fluids all over like a high school kid after prom...vomit you sickos. Get your minds out of the gutter.

As for blanks...don't worry Steve, they're a myth. ;)

hardroc77

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 27, 2015
RSI Handle
hardroc77
Forgot your password?