Double ads on Youtube? Wtf?

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
That's a very cool car man!
If you go for an astra, if fuel cost is an issue get the newer ecotec, but if you want something reliable and fun go for the 1.6 8valve c16se. Bulletproof, fast revving, does a mean 0-35mph which is great in city light to light traffic. 0-60 isn't bad either, but I wouldn't recommend it for Autobahn travel. You can almost rev it to redline in 4th doing about a 110mph, but the 5th isn't much lower and gets loud for long runs even at legal speeds. But at least you can buy cheap bimmer looking angel eyes for it lol
Sadly that engine is rather rare though as everyone and their mother pulls em and puts it into original minis and kit cars.
Last piece of advice and I promise to stop with the car talk lol: watch out for loads of rust around the rear: fuel filler, rear window and wiper are the worst spots. My rear left shock came right through the tower, even though the paint looked pristine, so watch out for that too. Also the usual places like the bottom end of the quarter panels, around the lifting points on the sides and underneath and such.
If you weren't in the UK I'd gladly sell you mine for the couple of packs of beer they usually go for, at least it would have a decent home. It's mostly just sitting and waiting for its fate. Probable conversion to track day car by way of "weight reduction, bro" . AKA throw out everything except for one seat and that's it lol

@Mich Angel adblock plus works great on pc, already got that, but what about in the Android youtube app? Does it stop the ads there, or do I have to go through a browser? Cos if only the latter, then it's kinda useless to me, I can't be bothered.
Oh I don't use the youtube app on the Android for the reason of adds and it's a mess..
I use chrome browser for youtube on the Android and Adblock Plus works great there to.
Much smother than the very weird designed app.... and you don't get the adds ;)

CHEERS! 🍻

Reactions: Lorddarthvik

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
That's a very cool car man!
If you go for an astra, if fuel cost is an issue get the newer ecotec, but if you want something reliable and fun go for the 1.6 8valve c16se. Bulletproof, fast revving, does a mean 0-35mph which is great in city light to light traffic. 0-60 isn't bad either, but I wouldn't recommend it for Autobahn travel. You can almost rev it to redline in 4th doing about a 110mph, but the 5th isn't much lower and gets loud for long runs even at legal speeds. But at least you can buy cheap bimmer looking angel eyes for it lol
Sadly that engine is rather rare though as everyone and their mother pulls em and puts it into original minis and kit cars.
Last piece of advice and I promise to stop with the car talk lol: watch out for loads of rust around the rear: fuel filler, rear window and wiper are the worst spots. My rear left shock came right through the tower, even though the paint looked pristine, so watch out for that too. Also the usual places like the bottom end of the quarter panels, around the lifting points on the sides and underneath and such.
If you weren't in the UK I'd gladly sell you mine for the couple of packs of beer they usually go for, at least it would have a decent home. It's mostly just sitting and waiting for its fate. Probable conversion to track day car by way of "weight reduction, bro" . AKA throw out everything except for one seat and that's it lol

@Mich Angel adblock plus works great on pc, already got that, but what about in the Android youtube app? Does it stop the ads there, or do I have to go through a browser? Cos if only the latter, then it's kinda useless to me, I can't be bothered.
Many thanks for the tips, much appreciated 🙂

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
Oh I don't use the youtube app on the Android for the reason of adds and it's a mess..
I use chrome browser for youtube on the Android and Adblock Plus works great there to.
Much smother than the very weird designed app.... and you don't get the adds ;)

CHEERS! 🍻
Chrome runs poorly on my phone, it's not fast enough for it, although it supposedly has 8 cores ad 6gigs of ram...
I wish there was a TubeCast for Youtube app on Android that I used on my WindowsPhone and still use on Win10, that workes great! Much better clean efficient UI, blocks ads, could stream audio only including playlists, played in background while phone was locked, and best of all it can stream youtube to any DLNA device, like my cheap smart TV, without silly Chromecast dongles and such.
Anyways, 90% of my youtube time is on iPad. No idea what I could use on that apart from paying for premium.
It's not that bad really, since I stopped paying for WoW and Origin and stuff I never use anyways, it kinda balances out. Now my only question about premium is, how the creators get money from that if I don't see their ads?

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
Check so the phone is not running in batteri save mode, that would explain why it's slow.
Adblock Plus is avail for apple to if I recall right, they have several versions of Adblock Plus...
Or do a search for Adblok from the device you need it on, it should only list what's avail for that model.

CHEERS! 🍻

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
Check so the phone is not running in batteri save mode, that would explain why it's slow.
Adblock Plus is avail for apple to if I recall right, they have several versions of Adblock Plus...
Or do a search for Adblok from the device you need it on, it should only list what's avail for that model.

CHEERS! 🍻
Thanks for the tips! I do know my phones pretty well, I used to mod em till bricked, so I know it's not running in saver mode. It's must a cheap crap Chinese phone. I checked in the pad but it didn't gave me a clean answer cos of the regional differences, only a ton of crap apps. The technical idiocy is insanely high in my country, it's a struggle to find decent stuff cos of the morons downloading shitty free Spyware apps and those keep showing up first as they are the most popular.

Reactions: Mich Angel

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
Thanks for the tips! I do know my phones pretty well, I used to mod em till bricked, so I know it's not running in saver mode. It's must a cheap crap Chinese phone. I checked in the pad but it didn't gave me a clean answer cos of the regional differences, only a ton of crap apps. The technical idiocy is insanely high in my country, it's a struggle to find decent stuff cos of the morons downloading shitty free Spyware apps and those keep showing up first as they are the most popular.
If you got that malware spyware prog popping first in suggestion when doing search (that's so annoying) make sure the search is done using secure https encryption.
And by using Tor Project browser and DuckDuckGo search engine you can use Tor browser VPN function that let you pick random VPN one click and it change.
Keep changing random VPN until you get one that show what you want to see, the DuckDuckGo search is a bit like Google but hide you it don't allow tracking and don't save the search data on your computer. Which mean changing VPN on Tor will result in different search result cause it don't use previous search as basis.

Link to Tor project so you can read about it if you don't know about it already Tor project homepage and to Download Tor browser Download there is a browser for Win, Apple, Linux, Android.
Link to DuckDuckGo search engine All the links use secure https encryption and that 's what you should use when browsing.
Hope that can help you get better result.

CHEERS 🍻

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
If you got that malware spyware prog popping first in suggestion when doing search (that's so annoying) make sure the search is done using secure https encryption.
And by using Tor Project browser and DuckDuckGo search engine you can use Tor browser VPN function that let you pick random VPN one click and it change.
Keep changing random VPN until you get one that show what you want to see, the DuckDuckGo search is a bit like Google but hide you it don't allow tracking and don't save the search data on your computer. Which mean changing VPN on Tor will result in different search result cause it don't use previous search as basis.

Link to Tor project so you can read about it if you don't know about it already Tor project homepage and to Download Tor browser Download there is a browser for Win, Apple, Linux, Android.
Link to DuckDuckGo search engine All the links use secure https encryption and that 's what you should use when browsing.
Hope that can help you get better result.

CHEERS 🍻
I've meant in android and ios marketplace, when I just look at categories or do a search for something generic that doesn't match an exact apps name, the suggestions I get are junk. B
ecause it's based on my location, and 95% of ppl around here are idiots and donwload all kinds of crap/outdated apps instead of more trustworthy ones.
VPN could maybe solve this, but I can't be bothered to set it up and pay for it and yadda yadda... It's easier to just pay a little for Youtube.
VPNs are for pussies anyways... 😂 😂 (wink wink nudge nudge)
And I know for a fact that using the DDB (drug dealers browser as its known here, a.k.a. Tor) will get me on a watch list. Absolutely unnecessary. And if you think "oh but I use VPN and encryption, they don't know if I'm using Tor"... Yeah, you keep believing that hahahaha....

@supitza lol, good to know, thanks! I'll stick to Top Drives for now as I've been playing that every single day for almost 2 years now, even though they removed the daily races system a few weeks ago and now it's even more pay2win than before.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I've meant in android and ios marketplace, when I just look at categories or do a search for something generic that doesn't match an exact apps name, the suggestions I get are junk. B
ecause it's based on my location, and 95% of ppl around here are idiots and donwload all kinds of crap/outdated apps instead of more trustworthy ones.
VPN could maybe solve this, but I can't be bothered to set it up and pay for it and yadda yadda... It's easier to just pay a little for Youtube.
And I know for a fact that using the DDB (drug dealers browser as its known here, a.k.a. Tor) will get me on a watch list. Absolutely unnecessary. And if you think "oh but I use VPN and encryption, they don't know if I'm using Tor"... Yeah, you keep believing that hahahaha....

@supitza lol, good to know, thanks! I'll stick to Top Drives for now as I've been playing that every single day for almost 2 years now, even though they removed the daily races system a few weeks ago and now it's even more pay2win than before.
It's been a long time since I last bothered looking because you only need to switch them off once, but I thought you could turn off location and personal biased recommendations in Android?

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666

LOL ah yeah but can't you in in settings set it to only show trusted apps or not use location... Sound like you're living in Tortuga ha ha ha....
Yeah of cause they who want can see what browser you're using but it don't respond to normal calls unless you tell it to do so.
Yea setting system up yo use a freestanding VPN is costly and not just flipping a switch and a lot a stuff don't work through VPN

Reactions: Lorddarthvik

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Thanks for sharing your frustrations, Lorddarthvik! Remember, as a viewer, your feedback matters, and platforms often take user feedback into account when making improvements.
Oh, I forgot to mention: I've found d a way to stop it playing multiple ads in a row.

When the first one starts click the adsence thing in the bottom left, select "stop seeing this ad" and choose the relevant option, I usually go for repetitive because let's face it we've already seen them a hundred times already.

it then terminated the current ad and skips the next on going strieght into the video.

I found this out because one as grated on me like nails down a chalk board and it has been the adpocolypse ever since :-)

Reactions: Radegast74
Forgot your password?