Download speeds

dubbzy

Admiral
Dec 23, 2014
RSI Handle
dubbzy104
~20-22 MB/s uncapped, but I cap it at 16 otherwise no one on the network can browse the internet or do anything else

~10 miles outside of Seattle, on Comcast

Cousak

Commander
Donor
Nov 28, 2015
RSI Handle
Cousak
I'm giving it all I got, 1 MB/s, and I can barely access this forum.

Who needs a DeLorean when you can move to France and instantly go 10 years back in time :)

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
I win .5MB/s Small town MN.
I would say middle of nowhere but I used to live in ND that is the middle. So now I am on the edge of nowhere.
<3 box turtle!

KingNerd

Admiral
Jul 14, 2015
RSI Handle
KingNerd
Ummm.... I live in a town called Blountstown (pronounced Blunts Town) in the middle of nowhere Florida, an hour from both Tallahassee (The Capital City) and Panama City (Home of the worlds largest night club Club La Vila and spring break capital of the world). I can't get Comcast, Mediacom, etc. and there is literally only ONE internet provider that covers my area, period. It's a super shitty company called Fairpoint Communications to whom I pay $80 a month and receive their fastest package available in my area... 400kbs. My download time for 2.0 was a total of 23 hours or something like that.

Reactions: RipVanDan

Lockhearts

Commander
Oct 20, 2015
RSI Handle
Lockhearts
I know the UK internet blows away the U.S

I dunno where you heard that from but I've never had faster than 3mb/s here in UK. Granted I do hear there's something about 'Unlimited' internet not actually being unlimited in the US or something or other. Here at least you really do have unlimited and can download all of the internets if you really wanted to.

And my speed is sitting at a steady 2.7mb/s here in Wales, says it will take around 3 hours to download, not great but not terrible either.

BeerMonster

Commander
Dec 2, 2015
RSI Handle
BeerMonster
I live in Ireland with a 100MB connection and im only getting 8.5mbs...... Time to grab the bottle of Space Rum and prepare myself for my madden Aurora Smash!!!

Last edited:

Liquor_and_ores

Space Marshal
Jun 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Liquor_and_Ores
I gotta move soon, i am in the middle of a dead area for high speed so everyone here has to use wireless internet from a tower, 256k speed, but realisticly it runs about 200k

For starcitizen, even when I set a lower speed, it seems to still hog all the bandwith so I can only run the download over night at 64k-100k

MzHartz

Vice Admiral
May 24, 2015
RSI Handle
MzHartz
Same...(both location and speed). Not the drops (unless the day ends in Y, since it IS comcastic).

-Pandoz
Yup, lovely Comcast here too. Makes the speed seem good, but it's so inconsistent.

BeerMonster

Commander
Dec 2, 2015
RSI Handle
BeerMonster
475KB/S GoldCoast, Australia.

I hate you all.
Gday mate!!

Yeah tell me about it..... I used to live in Brisbane for a couple of years while on a working holiday. The Internet was so bad I had to go to a Gaming Cafe to get any sort of a decent ping, I was playing EVE online at the time and the server was based in London.... Talk about expensive habit :)

Forgot your password?