Drake Buccaneer

Jhonon1

Space Marshal
Mar 1, 2015
RSI Handle
Jhon-On
Thanks for the Update. While I'm not particularly looking for another ship, especially one I won't be able to use for a while, I haven't yet gotten a True Dog-fighter. Vanguard is nice, but only so-so.

We'll see in a week if I shell out yet more

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl

Rolo

Vice Admiral
Donor
Apr 22, 2016
RSI Handle
RoloKipp
What a rollercoaster, tacked onto the giant salty roller coaster that is the Cutlass.

And now it's more expensive? So all the salty Cutlass owners have to shell out an extra 10 bucks to get what was the "original Cutlass"?

Unless they are raising the price of the Cutlass Black to 110 to fit into the Freelancer/Hornet triad, then this is a bad idea IMO. Asking people who are already butthurt to shell out more money for a ship they (whether you agree or not) feel they should have already had, is asking for some more salt on your prosciutto.
A point (not arguing, btw) The $110 price on the Buck is the concept price. The $100 price on the Black is the final price. We can expect the Buck to go up to $140 or $150 when flight-ready (based on the Reliant and Sabre price increases).

At that price it will need to be competitive with the Sabre and SH, *not* the Gladius and Hornet.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
A point (not arguing, btw) The $110 price on the Buck is the concept price. The $100 price on the Black is the final price. We can expect the Buck to go up to $140 or $150 when flight-ready (based on the Reliant and Sabre price increases).

At that price it will need to be competitive with the Sabre and SH, *not* the Gladius and Hornet.
I freaking hope so! I fully intend to buy one, just to see what she's like.

Ripcord33

Grand Admiral
May 2, 2016
RSI Handle
Ripcord03
Thanks for the Update. While I'm not particularly looking for another ship, especially one I won't be able to use for a while, I haven't yet gotten a True Dog-fighter. Vanguard is nice, but only so-so.

We'll see in a week if I shell out yet more
I have the vanguard (bought an upgrade of the grey market), i also got a sabre upgrade off the grey market, personally ill be keeping the sabre, and turning my vanguard back into a connie, unless the buccaneer peaks my interest, then i may compare it to the sabre and decide between those two for my fighter needs... either way i do need at least one exploration/trade ship.

Reactions: Rolo and AstroSam

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I have the vanguard (bought an upgrade of the grey market), i also got a sabre upgrade off the grey market, personally ill be keeping the sabre, and turning my vanguard back into a connie, unless the buccaneer peaks my interest, then i may compare it to the sabre and decide between those two for my fighter needs... either way i do need at least one exploration/trade ship.
What is the reasoning behind melting the Vanguard, if I may ask. I loved her, but I didn't try her against other players. Is it too slow and unwieldy to be effective?

Reactions: Rolo and AstroSam

Ripcord33

Grand Admiral
May 2, 2016
RSI Handle
Ripcord03
What is the reasoning behind melting the Vanguard, if I may ask. I loved her, but I didn't try her against other players. Is it too slow and unwieldy to be effective?
Its different, its not that its not effective, but against smaller fighters i have a hard time without a gunner, it just doesnt turn fast enough keep its slow firing weapons on target. Its obviously due for a repass imo, either that or strictly for use against large slow ships, as most other fighters will quickly fly right by it.

I love the vanguard, but having all my money into it and a sabre isnt ideal for what i want to do. especially because niether has cargo space. the reason i wont plan on keeping the vanguard is mostly because i love the sabre, and am willing to sacrafice that extra range and armor for a maneuverable fighter with some speed, but i also need at least one ship for exploration/mercantile.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Wise decision ;)
I make those sometimes. Just sometimes though. ;)
Its different, its not that its not effective, but against smaller fighters i have a hard time without a gunner, it just doesnt turn fast enough keep its slow firing weapons on target. Its obviously due for a repass imo, either that or strictly for use against large slow ships, as most other fighters will quickly fly right by it.

I love the vanguard, but having all my money into it and a sabre isnt ideal for what i want to do. especially because niether has cargo space. the reason i wont plan on keeping the vanguard is mostly because i love the sabre, and am willing to sacrafice that extra range and armor for a maneuverable fighter with some speed, but i also need at least one ship for exploration/mercantile.
Makes perfect sense. I'll try one out against some human beings in battle royal, maybe fly the verse in one, see how she handles. I'll probably hold onto it for a while, and juggle back and forth between her and my Sabre. See which is viable.

Reactions: AstroSam and Rolo

Ripcord33

Grand Admiral
May 2, 2016
RSI Handle
Ripcord03
I make those sometimes. Just sometimes though. ;)

Makes perfect sense. I'll try one out against some human beings in battle royal, maybe fly the verse in one, see how she handles. I'll probably hold onto it for a while, and juggle back and forth between her and my Sabre. See which is viable.
yea, thats what im doing till they add exploration/cargo as a way to make aUEC (i dont know if they have in 2.4 im not invited to the PTU :( )

Forgot your password?