Drake Cutlass Weapon Mount

Fade691

Space Marshal
Donor
Dec 25, 2015
RSI Handle
Fade691
So while i was playing around in the ship customization tool in arena commander, I noticed i had this bad boy available as an option to mount on any size 3 hardpoint on any ship. Its a size 3 turret that will let you mount dual size 1 weapons. Here it is on the hornet...

I assume it showed up in my hanger when i rented the cutlass but after going and renting 2 more cutlasses so i could run around with 8 guns on my hornet, (two... cause hell yeah i wanna replace that stupid canard turret with a turret 1/4 the size) I can't seem to get extras to show up. Anyway, my questions are:
1) Anyone know where this mount came from?

2) Anyone been able to get more than one?
3) Has anyone stumbled across discussion of this issue on the rsi formus or issue council or even reddit?

I am pretty sure regardless of where its from its not meant to be mountable on just any ship with size 3 hardpoints so i was planning on submitting a report but i would like to find out if its already known first and i suck at searching the issue council and actually finding what i am looking for. Thanks :grin:

Fade691

Space Marshal
Donor
Dec 25, 2015
RSI Handle
Fade691
Its weird that you actually own the cutlass but do not see this mount anywhere. I own the 85x also and just went and checked on the sabre and sure enough it's mount does show up... even though it does not on the 85x itself (the drake cutlass mount is an option on the actual cutlass, but then it does have a size 3 hardpoint), and like you said it is not an option on the SH, or any others that i have. Where did the cutlass mount come from then? Anyway, 4 - s1 and 3 - s2 are really effective in PS, both public and solo beaten with 4-bulldogs and 3-badgers.

Reactions: Blind Owl

Fade691

Space Marshal
Donor
Dec 25, 2015
RSI Handle
Fade691
Is that not just a gimble mount? You can mount those on any set size. Although I don't think the Cutlass comes with a gimble weapon. I am up very early so I could be very wrong
They mount like a gimbal but you can fit two weapons to them, because of that you you have to step down two sizes.

Currently, the cutlass nose gun comes with a standard S3 gimbal i believe.

Jadedwolf

Vice Admiral
Dec 30, 2016
RSI Handle
Jadedwolf
From what I understand, the cutlass can mount 3 size 3 guns with the existing mounts. The flashfire mount is currently broke AF and not usable still as of 2.6. I mounted a Tarantula 870 to the nose and two Omniski VI to the wings on mine and have had some fun with it. I'm more likely to die trying to EVA than I am in a dogfight with pirates. Though it's probably because my character staggers out the back instead of walks. At least it seems that way when I've had a few too many.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I have one of these things. I own NO 85x. It's not from my Cat. Or my Cutty from what I can tell. But I want more . . .

Reactions: marcsand2
Forgot your password?