Drake does it again…porta-potty for a toilet

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
Hmm, 3 medical beds in BMM.
And seems like one of them could be a different tier than the other two.
That's pretty great news! :like:

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
If you EMP a BMM will all the floating beds and crap fall down?
Nah, if you EMP any ship, all the things that are not floating should start floating. What with the artificial gravity getting turned off.

White Lando

Vice Admiral
Donor
Nov 25, 2021
RSI Handle
White_Lando
Nah, if you EMP any ship, all the things that are not floating should start floating. What with the artificial gravity getting turned off.
I'm going to ride my floating tier 3 medical bed into combat like Aladdin on his carpet.

Or woo Princess Jasmine. She's a little head strong for my taste but not worse than my current wife.

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
Looks like the folks at Drake cheaped out again and used a porta-John when they built the Corsair. See 6:13 or ISC from Feb 24, 2022
Porta-potties are great though. When one is full, you just store it. When you have enough they make a great way to obscure your direction of travel to a pursuing enemy.
I mean you just kick them out, then they'd hear SPACK, then all they see is a dark substance freezing on the screen.

Last edited:

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Every time I see a sprint report that shows any development on the BMM, the hype level goes to whole new levels for me & it's still in white box I believe. I have no idea how I'll handle the level of WOW when it's actually finished enough to be released into the Verse, let alone fully functional later on.

As I saw the segment on the Vulture, my initial thoughts are, can we confirm that initially all of those performing salvage in the verse can be dubbed "strippers" since they'll mainly be stripping off parts & then stripping away paints, rust, damages & what not? ;p

The Corsair ... I'm still not a fan of. IDK, it just doesn't make me enthusiastic of having or operating 1 at this point. However, I'm happy for those of you that are looking forward to it being able to see that it's actively in the works.

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
Every time I see a sprint report that shows any development on the BMM, the hype level goes to whole new levels for me & it's still in white box I believe. I have no idea how I'll handle the level of WOW when it's actually finished enough to be released into the Verse, let alone fully functional later on.
Yeah, I'm kinda starting to be glad we waited for so long. It's gotten better over time, I mean, I'm 100% certain that if it was finished 2-3 years ago, it wouldn't have a hangar and the cargo system would probably be a real pain in the ass. And we'd probably miss out on the med beds as well. Not that I liked waiting, but I mean, now that CIG is more and more clear on what actually makes a great ship, they can go ahead and deliver us a great ship.

The Corsair ... I'm still not a fan of. IDK, it just doesn't make me enthusiastic of having or operating 1 at this point. However, I'm happy for those of you that are looking forward to it being able to see that it's actively in the works.
Well, I'm not really too interested in anything smaller than a BMM at this point, other than maybe a hornet for some pew pew, but Corsair seems like a pretty cool ship. It certainly has that Drake rustic appeal. It's a pretty decent Connie competitor, with just a crapton of firepower. Explorer? More like a gunboat. SIX pilot controlled guns, 4x S5 like Connie, but two S4 on top of that. And not only does it have two turrets like Connie, one of the turrets is quad while the other is remote. Those are some pretty serious strongpoints over Connie.

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
Those are some pretty serious strongpoints over Connie.
Yep it sure is. But it lacks missiles, so in an exploration setting I would probably have an Aquila in the mix. In my opinion, exploration is not going to be a PVE experience.

• o7
Reactions: Talonsbane

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Well, I'm not really too interested in anything smaller than a BMM at this point, other than maybe a hornet for some pew pew, but Corsair seems like a pretty cool ship. It certainly has that Drake rustic appeal. It's a pretty decent Connie competitor, with just a crapton of firepower. Explorer? More like a gunboat. SIX pilot controlled guns, 4x S5 like Connie, but two S4 on top of that. And not only does it have two turrets like Connie, one of the turrets is quad while the other is remote. Those are some pretty serious strongpoints over Connie.
Because it's a Drake ship, more than likely the balance of the Corsair having so much firepower, it will most likely have its wings more easily neutralized & odds are it won't have the armor needed to stay in a fight for long, let alone survive exploration in hazardous areas.

Forgot your password?