DRANK

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
Beer, or any and all types, but with a preference for something with the color and consistency of old engine oil. Yes there is a beer called that, and it is delicious. I confess a guilty love for Jack Daniel's Tennessee Honey straight, but rum is my go-to liquor. I especially enjoy rum and hot apple cider; made with 100 proof spiced rum and a pinch of nutmeg, I call these troublemakers, because they taste amazing and you can't feel the alcohol until you stand up and suddenly you're in trouble.

HID45

Commander
Feb 13, 2015
RSI Handle
HID45
I just have to present couple of local oddities... I don't know how commonly peppermint liqueur is available internationally, but I've not seen it outside our neighboring countries, namely the Nordic countries and Estonia. This is the best one. It's 40% alc vol and has very strong peppermint flavor. It's mouthwashy-like for sure. But the thing is not to drink it as a shot, but to mix it with hot chocolate and drink it hot from thermo mug when ice-fishing in freezing temperatures. Or when chilling on the couch when it's dark and cold outside. It's namely a wintertime drink, no one drinks it in summer. Not even me, and that stuff (mint-cocoa as we say) is in my personal top 3 drinks.

The other one is the infamous Salmiakkikossu. It's a salty liquorice liqueur, made by mixing water and salty liquorice extract to pure alcohol. This is legendary stuff here in Finland for couple of reasons. First of all, it was developed in the '90's by a bartender that later became one of the most famous singers here in Finland. Then, when it came available through the national monopoly liqueur stores in 1993, over one million bottles was sold in two months. It was so popular among teens (which were not allowed to buy it in the first place) it was actually banned by the government for two years. It originally came out at 38% alc vol, but when it came back to stores in 1995 it was blended down to 32% and made lot more expensive than originally. Still, it has the holy trinity of teenage drinkers; it's relatively cheap, has high alc vol and still does not taste like alcohol at all.

That stuff is not supposed to be blended with anything. It's taken as a shot, or straight from the bottle. Teens still love it. I have done my share of it in the past, but nowadays I only take occasional shot in memory lane-situations. I highly recommend this for those interested in spirits, though. If you can get your hands on this stuff, get it and taste it. You might not like it, but it's kind of epic to think one stupid northern country went so nuts over this stuff the government had to intervene.

Reactions: Snowianth

Dragor

Space Marshal
Nov 28, 2013
RSI Handle
Wargas
I never have mixed a drink myself but when I´m out with friend I usually drink some mojitos followed by a zombie and a white russian.
Most days I just drink some wine that happens to be there and of course BEEEER :D

Forgot your password?