DRANK

o-BHG-o

Space Marshal
Mar 25, 2014
RSI Handle
o-BHG-o
1 part Mezcal, 1 part Cointreau (any good orange liquer), 1 part lemon sour... rim the glass with smoked brown sugar... I dunno what its called, but I just call it the Bajapanty (pantydropper)
That sounds amazing!

I can't drink tequila (we all have one!) but Mezcal is soooo good. My fav is:

bryceedmundo

Space Marshal
Dec 20, 2014
RSI Handle
bryceedmundo
The word 'glen' means a valley and usually associated with a river. A lot of distilleries were built near glens to take advantage of the water source.
Ahhh and is the following word usually the location of the river or valley? Similarly to Japanese dog breeds (sorry this is the only comparison I can draw...) in that Shiba references the region and Inu means dog... Kai Inu, Shikoku Inu, Akita Inu etc etc?

Egriz

Grand Pooh-Bear
Donor
Jan 25, 2014
RSI Handle
Egriz
Ahhh and is the following word usually the location of the river or valley? Similarly to Japanese dog breeds (sorry this is the only comparison I can draw...) in that Shiba references the region and Inu means dog... Kai Inu, Shikoku Inu, Akita Inu etc etc?
Correct. So for example, Glenfiddich = "Valley of the Deer" in Gaelic.

Egriz

Grand Pooh-Bear
Donor
Jan 25, 2014
RSI Handle
Egriz
This is literally, exactly why I made this thread, so I can learn things like this, thanks a lot mate. Now tell me which valley makes the best whiskey :D
I like them smokey.
I'm still 'young' in scotch and haven't had a ton of exposure in order to give advice. However I will point you to a magical map of alcohol:

http://scotchgit.bitbucket.org/#

Perhaps the Highland Park 12, under $50 and reviews say it's a bit smokey.

https://www.masterofmalt.com/whiskies/highland-park-12-year-old-whisky/

HID45

Commander
Feb 13, 2015
RSI Handle
HID45
I actually posted one drink I like on one of my firsts posts here (and got this Sethious dude really pissed. He apparently takes his whiskey quite seriously...)

Oh, one epic whiskey drink there is. Plenty of whiskey (no matter which one, they're all the same anyway), plenty of banana liqueur, shitload of Coke. It's called apinaviski here (where I live, which is Finland), which translates to Monkey (or Ape) whiskey. Tells more about it's drinker than the ingredients. Classic stuff, two thumbs up.
edit. And yes, that is me in the picture actually. I'm no pilot though. Just fooling around at local air museum there...

bryceedmundo

Space Marshal
Dec 20, 2014
RSI Handle
bryceedmundo
hahaha well, i'm not going to buy banana liqueur, but I will begrudgingly try this Ape Whiskey while I grunt and beat the bar next time i'm out on the town.

thanatos73

Space Marshal
Nov 21, 2014
RSI Handle
thanatos1973
I'm not a big drinker, however, one of my favorites is a Captain Jack. Its rum and root beer. Otherwise its gotta be Tullamore Dew, and for beer, Guinness is the only one I drink.

bryceedmundo

Space Marshal
Dec 20, 2014
RSI Handle
bryceedmundo
Rum and root beer? Only Captain Jack recipe I know is a varying mix of Jack D's and Morgans Spiced, sometimes 1 to 1, sometimes 1 to 2. Never with root beer though, maybe that's because i'm Australian, I wouldn't even know where to get root beer over here.

Huegpaynis

Space Marshal
May 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Huegpaynis
Er'ry day drinking? Beer, the darker the better. I'm a huge fan of oatmeal and imperial stouts.

Camping/kayaking/4th of July? Red-blooded Americans. Dad's red cream soda and vanilla vodka, serve chilled over fireworks.

White girl wasted? Fireball.

Feelin' fancy? Glenmorangie 18, 3 fingers, neat.

bryceedmundo

Space Marshal
Dec 20, 2014
RSI Handle
bryceedmundo
Red blooded americans? Is that a thing? Cream soda and vodka... I love both of those things.
While we are here ... does anyone know anything about the laws regarding working as a bartender as an Australian in the states?
Could I come live in share houses and get you all drunk for 6 months?

Huegpaynis

Space Marshal
May 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Huegpaynis
Red blooded americans? Is that a thing? Cream soda and vodka... I love both of those things.
While we are here ... does anyone know anything about the laws regarding working as a bartender as an Australian in the states?
A lot of places don't require anything other than a work visa to work as a foreigner.
Red blooded american was just a quick and dirty name for something we whipped up while camping for 4th of july one year that happened to stick.

mindfart

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 10, 2015
RSI Handle
mindfart
No not at all, it is really really sticky though :P

Also, let some ice dissolve first to soften the taste hehe

K1NG

Captain
Feb 21, 2015
RSI Handle
K1NG_Brit

I'm working in the US this summer. You can get a work visa that lasts for up to 10 years, but it'l cost you. Mine is a sneaky loophole as a 'cultural exchange' so I can work but for up to 6 months.

bryceedmundo

Space Marshal
Dec 20, 2014
RSI Handle
bryceedmundo
I'm working in the US this summer. You can get a work visa that lasts for up to 10 years, but it'l cost you. Mine is a sneaky loophole as a 'cultural exchange' so I can work but for up to 6 months.
lol need I be one sixteenth Aborigine? That's all I want to do dude, find a nice bar somewhere and get to know the culture in that city for a couple months.

Forgot your password?