Dual-stick setup

Michael

Space Marshal
Sep 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Pewbaca
Me for myself i prefer having strafe up/down on the stick and strafe forward/backwards on the "left roll". It can sometimes help fine adjusting my aim and i have no problem with keeping the stick twisted all the time. (Well its a thing you might want to try and see how it works for you)
Also i tried to reduce the buttons towards what i think is needed in combat and i think i will reduce them more. Buttons 5-10 and 21-26 are reserved for everything i might need very urgently or several times in a session (QT, Scanning, Energy/Shield management. For example Autoland is something i almost never use with my sticks) The "outside buttons" are for non important keys (usally i don't press them at a session or maybe once). The view on them is blocked by my hands and sticks and i'm far away from pressing them automatically. Also with the new upcoming filght model things will change again.

I will definitly buy something like an elcato stream deck which might render most of those buttons useless anyway.

Last edited:

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2

Hybus

Space Marshal
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Hybus
I've been using a dual stick setup for quite some time, and I really like it. Same joysticks in the video. One of the things I changed though was the weapon group, I like having the left trigger as your primary fire. I found it really improved my accuracy as I wasn't shifting my grip at all to pull the trigger.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
No twist with my dual sticks, which makes aiming more precise. I adjust roll with rudder pedals

Why not use tablets with LEA extended input or Roccat Powergrid?
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/50264/thread/lea-extended-input-animated-shield-power-mfd
I was going to recommend marcsad2 to speak to this issue, and yet was surprised with his posting the notion of adding tablets. That is way kewl. I have wondered about the added cost of using a touchscreen for ages, and fact is you only need it for a few things. Shield management is a great one. Very cool!

Hybus

Space Marshal
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Hybus
Other options too, since we're usually wearing a headset, I also use voice attack with an HCS voice pack, (Kate specifically in my case) handy for things like yelling FLARE! or even changing power management, shields, etc.

Reactions: August and Ammorn

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
I've got 2 x t16000 and do not use the target software, set all my binds up in game. Very reliable and happy.

Reactions: Ammorn

DarkScout

Vice Admiral
Donor
Jun 5, 2018
RSI Handle
TonyMacaronee
I used Target software for Elite Dangerous, but I have used the in-game setup for SC. Anyone run into problems using only the in-game setup for dual joysticks?
I use 2 x T16000s, by the way

Hybus

Space Marshal
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Hybus
I use the in game setup for dual T16000s, I used to use the target software because my system had trouble differentiating joysticks, but after a windows update, that problem seemed solved, remained stable for over a year so far.

Forgot your password?