Due to popular request, we are getting a TEST KRAKEN! - Donation drive within.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
She was from Gananoque they're a special bunch, I thought it was all loonies and toonies and for some reason poutine came from new york fries (Canada it's still a strange place, but we love it all the same ;) )
Haha, your a expat Brit living in the states who had (has? Sorry, don't want to assume anything) a Canuck wife? That's freaking awesome. Also, Gan is gorgeous. We live literally 19 minutes from Gananoque on Hwy 2.
And poutine is from Quebec, the toonie is two coins in one, and the loonie is named for a water fowl. ;) Oh, and maple beer is freaking amazing. Haha.

SpudNyk

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 19, 2016
RSI Handle
spudnyk
Haha, your a expat Brit living in the states who had (has? Sorry, don't want to assume anything) a Canuck wife? That's freaking awesome. Also, Gan is gorgeous. We live literally 19 minutes from Gananoque on Hwy 2.
And poutine is from Quebec, the toonie is two coins in one, and the loonie is named for a water fowl. ;) Oh, and maple beer is freaking amazing. Haha.
Well my ex-wife is from Gan it's a beautiful town , I loved all my times there (in both summer and winter), Kingston was also a lot of fun too. She definitely taught me a lot of the ol' Canadian lingo, like two fours etc. Now I'm missing my Canadian trips, I'm going to have to head up there again sometime!

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Since there will be a name filter more than likely... we should code word that code name....
Ah, in that case the ship may be better off being names after a real life person:

Richard Head ('Dick' is short for Richard apparently)
Mary Christmas
Raymond Pennybody (He prefers it if you call him Ray)
Drew Peacock (That one made national news - I am not kidding)
Ben Dover
Michael Hunt (He perfers it if you call him Mike)
Justin Case

Just a selection of real names. I went to school with Justin.

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
Ah, in that case the ship may be better off being names after a real life person:

Richard Head ('Dick' is short for Richard apparently)
Mary Christmas
Raymond Pennybody (He prefers it if you call him Ray)
Drew Peacock (That one made national news - I am not kidding)
Ben Dover
Michael Hunt (He perfers it if you call him Mike)
Justin Case

Just a selection of real names. I went to school with Justin.
I had to stop choking after I read this. Here in North America, it was common until the mid 20th century for the older fishing villages settled by the English to follow older traditions. This was mostly because of their isolation until the technology was available to re-connect. One of the traditions they have is to call people by their formal name, so someone called say, "Michael Hunt", would never know the short form of his given name was "Mike" until they move. And as it happens, I knew a guy named Michael Hunt, who moved to a very large city where they shortened his name in about 38.2 seconds. He had his name changed in the next 30 seconds - and even a Wikipedia article that mentions his family doesn't tell this story.

Deroth

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 28, 2017
RSI Handle
Deroth1
I had to stop choking after I read this. Here in North America, it was common until the mid 20th century for the older fishing villages settled by the English to follow older traditions. This was mostly because of their isolation until the technology was available to re-connect. One of the traditions they have is to call people by their formal name, so someone called say, "Michael Hunt", would never know the short form of his given name was "Mike" until they move. And as it happens, I knew a guy named Michael Hunt, who moved to a very large city where they shortened his name in about 38.2 seconds. He had his name changed in the next 30 seconds - and even a Wikipedia article that mentions his family doesn't tell this story.
When I was in the military everybody with the last name Hunt would typically be called 'Mike' regardless of their real first name.

I wonder why York Hunt and Stork Hunt don't get as much press, they could be more entertaining.

Forgot your password?