DUNE

Deroth

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 28, 2017
RSI Handle
Deroth1
This one is just a single movie, and no talk of any sequels, or spin-offs, or anything so far.
There is actually a jointly produced prequal series spin-off 'Dune: The Sisterhood' that is planned to air on HBO Max before the release of Dune. Also, the true title seems to me 'Dune: Part One', with the movie ending around the mid-point of the first book. The director and lead writer seem to have secured a contract for it to be a two part movie, similar to the recent IT, but the details on the schedule and funding of Part 2 seems to be contingent on the performance of Part 1.

Devil Dog Hog

Space Marshal
Jan 28, 2016
RSI Handle
DevilDogHog
Let’s face facts, Duncan Idaho played by Jason Momoa is just the best, and in the books Duncan gets reincarnated like 5 times with clones. So if they do make more it better have Jason Momoa.

Reactions: Blind Owl

Aramsolari

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2019
RSI Handle
AramSolari
I've been busy at work and avoided watching the trailer on my phone...

Now that I can watch it on my big boy monitor at home. Yessssssss.

Reactions: Blind Owl

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
Final trailer before the North American theatrical release on the 22nd! I am excite!
Oh, it looks like they took out the third person narrative that belonged in the book but not a movie and made it first person? That's great! But I'm going to have to wait for PPV, Netflix, HBO or something. I have no desire to go to a theater for anything right now, and it has nothing to do with anything but screen size. Last time I saw something on the big screen, I ended up with whiplash trying to see what was going on.

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
Oh, it looks like they took out the third person narrative that belonged in the book but not a movie and made it first person? That's great! But I'm going to have to wait for PPV, Netflix, HBO or something. I have no desire to go to a theater for anything right now, and it has nothing to do with anything but screen size. Last time I saw something on the big screen, I ended up with whiplash trying to see what was going on.
It should be launching on HBO MAX at the same time as Cinemas in the US I think?

So far from the EU reviewers I only heard overall good things. Gonna have to find a way to watch it myself as I'm unable to sit through 2.5+ hours in a cinema.

Ezz

Space Marshal
Feb 4, 2016
RSI Handle
Pfen
Hm... HBO Max premium isn't too expensive. $14.99/month. Both my wife and I can watch Dune, get real drinks and eat infused popcorn at less than half the price of us both going to the theater even if that's all we watch.
I saw in in cinema and regret not watching it in imax. It's one of those movies that are worth watching on the big screen tbh. + the more people watch it in cinema the more likely is a part 2

Forgot your password?