e-Tabletop RPGs

TestBot

Ghost
Nov 2, 2013
RSI Handle
TestBot
Hello guys, recently I have been getting deeper and deeper into the tabletop RPG games. I now have one pathfinder cleric in a game with a few Test Outfit members and another pathfinder wizard/sorcerer in a game with irl friends. That said, I can not deny the fact that I crave more. Recently I have been thinking about running a game but I am very nervous and I am pretty sure I don't have (and can not buy) the resources necessary to do so. I have been told that running it online makes it less resource intensive as a lot of free options are available on the web but I am still very doubtful. As a result I was wondering if there is any interest here for co-op running a game so I can learn how to do it.

Shive

Speed Devil
Staff member
Officer
Mar 9, 2014
RSI Handle
GOD_Shive
mm if you could throw a few links around so one could have a look at it?
Am generally very interested in this sorta stuff :)

TestBot

Ghost
Nov 2, 2013
RSI Handle
TestBot
If you want i can coop a Dark Heresy game

Burn the Mutant. Shoot the Heretic. Stab the Alien.
Well my only experience in tabeltop is fantasy settings. Would you mind if I PC for the first one or two sessions to understand the setting and then join the DMing?

TestBot

Ghost
Nov 2, 2013
RSI Handle
TestBot
Sure, although it might be a pain since i am in japan right now.
But i might be able to stay up for a good Dark Heresy game.

Oh and they're both equally....... difficult.
Here is everything you need to know.
Dark Heresy
no need to stay up :) This can be done either in the future or on weekends when time is more favorable on both sides.

What do you mean they're both difficult? I am scared now.

Also I opened that link once. Now I'm scared to go back because the words outnumber me 1000 to 1. and I don't like those odds.

Barthanes

Admiral
Nov 10, 2013
RSI Handle
BarthanesGraves
Its tough for people who play DnD more than other types of games.

DnD is very forgiving.....

Dark heresy, anything warhammer at all, or call of kthulu and some others are all very dangerous and don't cater to people that feel like they can take anything on every time. people that are in my games don't die that often, but then again i always stress that it isn't a bright idea to take that deamon on with a crowbar.

Reactions: TestBot

JoeCool4433

Wisdom-Master
Donor
Nov 20, 2013
RSI Handle
JoeCool777
but then again i always stress that it isn't a bright idea to take that deamon on with a crowbar.
So, with a battle axe, I should be just fine.

CaptSpackle

Lieutenant
Apr 15, 2014
RSI Handle
CaptSpackle
Roll 20's character sheet update is going to make things much easier.

Watch me semi-necromance this thread--I'd be interested in participating!

Barthanes

Admiral
Nov 10, 2013
RSI Handle
BarthanesGraves
I am going to run a Dark Heresy game shortly after I get back from japan(sometime in august).

It is going to be mostly in the ordo hereticus type, although you never know. (killing people, not daemons)

I plan on having it be 5 players max.

It is going to be hardcore and unforgiving.

Drunken stupidity is welcome, but you will still suffer from the consequences of your actions.

ONLY ONE psyker, and its going to be vanilla dark heresy.(no angry nuns and no op knights)

p.s. next five that x up get first pick

p.p.s.s. I am going to be using the roll20 site.

Reactions: o-BHG-o

Egriz

Grand Pooh-Bear
Donor
Jan 25, 2014
RSI Handle
Egriz
x. I'm not available August 22-26.

Anybody want to run something in the meantime?

CaptSpackle

Lieutenant
Apr 15, 2014
RSI Handle
CaptSpackle
x. I'm not available August 22-26.

Anybody want to run something in the meantime?
I just finished a Game of Thrones run I DM'd. Could do that. Basically players run a house and then have your own agenda while also being in the house. Or you're nightswatch and your house is the nightswatch.. both worked well.

Reactions: o-BHG-o

Egriz

Grand Pooh-Bear
Donor
Jan 25, 2014
RSI Handle
Egriz
I just finished a Game of Thrones run I DM'd. Could do that. Basically players run a house and then have your own agenda while also being in the house. Or you're nightswatch and your house is the nightswatch.. both worked well.
That sounds like fun!

Forgot your password?