EA roasting thread

DarthMatter

Space Marshal
Jul 18, 2016
RSI Handle
DarthMatter
INB4 EA shuts down DICE because they are too conceited to realize they are the problem and not the game developer.
Pretty sure this is what Paradox, Avalanche and THQ Nordic (and every other game-industry related company in this country) are waiting for.
There will be a Swedish civil war over the remains :grin:

sum1

Space Marshal
Jun 26, 2015
RSI Handle
sum1
I'm not sure that they will really feel that 3% drop like you think they are feeling it. People were obviously not happy, ha.
so I guess I need to explain this a little better, there are about 8,500,000 shares of EA on the market with a 4$ drop on each share, for a grand total of $34,000,000~ of money lost, and yes that is not a lot for EA as a whole, but when you take into account it was only one game, in 1 day, it is something.

Stevetank

Lead Aurora Theorycrafter
Donor
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Stevetank
so I guess I need to explain this a little better, there are about 8,500,000 shares of EA on the market with a 4$ drop on each share, for a grand total of $34,000,000~ of money lost, and yes that is not a lot for EA as a whole, but when you take into account it was only one game, in 1 day, it is something.
Ooooooooh, I see it now. That's 566,667 game sales worth of stock dropping out. They are going to have to release a FIFA 2018 Star Wars edition to make up in sales.

Michael

Space Marshal
Sep 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Pewbaca
Ooooooooh, I see it now. That's 566,667 game sales worth of stock dropping out. They are going to have to release a FIFA 2018 Star Wars edition to make up in sales.
But lets put the football behind an extra lootbox which you can unlock via 400 hours gameplay or for just a little money.

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
In EA's Star Citizen you can buy all the ships you want, then buy a license to fly your ships, then purchase faction-reputation packs. You can't use FPS weapons unless you purchase the "FPS combat DLC" released 1 day after launch.
Also, it costs a monthly fee to play the game.
Joystick support is $30 extra.

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
And, unfortunately, this is how "Business 'Analysts'" are reacting to it: (and by "Analysts," I read "paid corporate shill")
https://www.cnbc.com/2017/11/20/gamers-overreacting-on-ea-star-wars-game-firms-should-raise-prices.html

In particular, you gotta love this quote:
"Gamers aren't overcharged, they're undercharged (and we're gamers) … This saga has been a perfect storm for overreaction as it involves EA, Star Wars, reddit, and certain purist gaming journalists/outlets who dislike MTX [microtransactions]."

WTF? I believe we have to be honest with ourselves, we may have won a "battle" for now, but it seems clear to me EA is going to but all the shitty micro transactions back in, right after Christmas and after the new Star Wars is released.

If anybody thinks Disney is trying to help us, you should google recent history to see how much the lines have grown at their theme parks, and how they have been jacking up park ticket prices over the last 5 years or so. Ultimately, gamers are just another market to exploit for the biggest profits they can get.

Forgot your password?