Elder Scrolls Online

TheZekk

Space Marshal
Mar 23, 2015
RSI Handle
Zekk
A few of us have started playing ESO together on the NA servers. We're in danger fall covenant.

If anyone wants to join in, were all around level 5 or so, fresh out of the starter zone.

o-BHG-o

Space Marshal
Mar 25, 2014
RSI Handle
o-BHG-o
I like to pick up new MMO's and play the introductions till it starts to grind, them I'm gone. May see you in there.

Reactions: RipVanDan

SARGE

Space Marshal
Feb 13, 2015
RSI Handle
SARGE | SARGE5th
A few of us have started playing ESO together on the NA servers. We're in danger fall covenant.

If anyone wants to join in, were all around level 5 or so, fresh out of the starter zone.
I got a friend that didn't want to play this anymore 'bout a month ago. He gave me the game. It was an old account started almost two years ago. not a bad game...I like shooting people in the face...in games too...but this is OK...all the little characters, which I was told i had to call them toons, are from the faction with the red banner and the dragon insignia.

edit: I paid a little extra to change the name and most other things from the account: (the least I could do since it was a free game.) anyhoo...i think i am "@SARGE5th" in the game if anyone wants to say hello.

Raz

Lieutenant
Aug 13, 2014
RSI Handle
Razrabbit
I picked it up about a week ago.
Surprisingly... its not as shit as I was expecting. Its actually pretty decent.
Almost level 10, though don't play it as much as I probably should since i've got it for the ps4, and my consoles hardly see any love.

SARGE

Space Marshal
Feb 13, 2015
RSI Handle
SARGE | SARGE5th
Almost level 10, though don't play it as much as I probably should since i've got it for the ps4, and my consoles hardly see any love.
oh dern ...console... :(

Azmodeth

Grand Admiral
Jun 10, 2015
RSI Handle
Azmodeth
IDK.. I had this game during BETA, and it was shit. Skyrim had just come out a few months earlier, and I felt like it was a such a betrayal to even be playing it. I hate MMO's for the fact its like nothing is intractable. It's like the whole point is to offer a different or varying experience like diablo games. Its just attack and grind... whatever. Storyline is weak, nothing to talk about or brag about. Just pisses me off playing games like this, No content, thats how it feels.. just empty. Then again, I play PC games, and have for nearly 30 years.

Reactions: SARGE

Stee Jans

Grand Admiral
Sep 1, 2015
RSI Handle
SteeJans
I'm primarily AD and EP, but if you guys still play, I could always create a DC toon and join you.

Major Templar

Space Marshal
Sep 6, 2014
RSI Handle
xTemplar
I played this game in the closed beta, open beta, and had the collectors edition pre-ordered. I have a Molag Bal statue sitting on my desk next to my Hiigaran Mothership model. Through all that, I have to say I was heavily disappointed with the game and how they handled it's release. Not only did they not listen to the beta testers who said flat out that major portions were broken but they also didn't listen when it was explained that certain skills were too OP or that some were just so weak that it made no logical sense to have it. Then with the major release server problems everything just seemed off with the release. Sadly it never truly recovered from that in the eyes of some and that's where it's at now.

Honestly, it was an MMO never asked for to give the die hard fans something to do. I really wish it was a WoW killer or at the very least a game that gave you reason to log in every day, it just wasn't enjoyable enough to keep me logging in and definitely didn't have reputability.

Reactions: agnosticangel

AwesomeDude

Vice Admiral
Donor
Apr 25, 2015
RSI Handle
TheAwesomeDude
I really like ESO, its no skyrim but as far as MMOs goe i would say it is pretty damn good. I have a Dominion Imperial at like VR 10 or 12 or something. I should probably get their new imperial city DLC to try out but i just havent gotten around to it. Also the community is pretty cool even when things are occasionally broken:

Also PvP is super good, cyrodil as a whole is great and there are some great PvP clans. The game can run well even when there are upwards of 200 people on screen, and there are some awesome situations that can happen in PvP.

Reactions: Stee Jans

Stee Jans

Grand Admiral
Sep 1, 2015
RSI Handle
SteeJans
I really like ESO, its no skyrim but as far as MMOs goe i would say it is pretty damn good. I have a Dominion Imperial at like VR 10 or 12 or something. I should probably get their new imperial city DLC to try out but i just havent gotten around to it. Also the community is pretty cool even when things are occasionally broken:

Also PvP is super good, cyrodil as a whole is great and there are some great PvP clans. The game can run well even when there are upwards of 200 people on screen, and there are some awesome situations that can happen in PvP.
I agree with all that! Been playing on and off since the first closed beta event. Look at it as an MMO and it's a great game, look at it as an ES title and yeah, it's severely lacking, but of course you can't get the same immersion in an MMO as in a single player game. I've always leaned towards solo gameplay, but as soon as I embraced the MMO aspects of the game and started interacting more with the GREAT eso community, all my initial doubts disappeared.

o-BHG-o

Space Marshal
Mar 25, 2014
RSI Handle
o-BHG-o
Played all last week, really enjoyable, nice people. Sexy graphics, mucho lore!

@Eronkai

:)

SARGE

Space Marshal
Feb 13, 2015
RSI Handle
SARGE | SARGE5th
IDK.. I had this game during BETA, and it was shit. Skyrim had just come out a few months earlier, and I felt like it was a such a betrayal to even be playing it. I hate MMO's for the fact its like nothing is intractable. It's like the whole point is to offer a different or varying experience like diablo games. Its just attack and grind... whatever. Storyline is weak, nothing to talk about or brag about. Just pisses me off playing games like this, No content, thats how it feels.. just empty. Then again, I play PC games, and have for nearly 30 years.
I like it. It's not bad. Will have to try Skyrim to see what you are talking about. During a deployment I watched the S6 nerds play Fallout...i read it's made by the same people. (S-6 = IT guys)

Azmodeth

Grand Admiral
Jun 10, 2015
RSI Handle
Azmodeth
I played this game in the closed beta, open beta, and had the collectors edition pre-ordered. I have a Molag Bal statue sitting on my desk next to my Hiigaran Mothership model. Through all that, I have to say I was heavily disappointed with the game and how they handled it's release. Not only did they not listen to the beta testers who said flat out that major portions were broken but they also didn't listen when it was explained that certain skills were too OP or that some were just so weak that it made no logical sense to have it. Then with the major release server problems everything just seemed off with the release. Sadly it never truly recovered from that in the eyes of some and that's where it's at now.

Honestly, it was an MMO never asked for to give the die hard fans something to do. I really wish it was a WoW killer or at the very least a game that gave you reason to log in every day, it just wasn't enjoyable enough to keep me logging in and definitely didn't have reputability.
That IS true, it was something, pretty much no one wanted, or asked for. I think they had left over stuff from Skyrim and thought to just make a quick standalone game based on a few assets really quick.

Khad

Vice Admiral
Oct 13, 2015
RSI Handle
Khadbanks
I've been loving this game which I never thought I would say. I played the beta and thought it was pretty garbage but they really have turned it around. It is a refreshing change compared to WoW, which I had played off and on since it first came out.

Did you guys end up making a guild in ESO? My dude is over on EP but that doesn't seem to be an issue guild-wise anyway.

Adiran

Admiral
Mar 28, 2015
RSI Handle
Adiran
I have it for ps4 as well.
hit me up some time. Waelsleaht email is [email protected]

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Hmm, Ive been meaning to take a look at ESO.

What kind of build should I go for?

I like two handed big sword stuff or archer.

Does it work like Skyrim?

Reactions: agnosticangel

Harbinger

Captain
Aug 15, 2015
RSI Handle
Harbinger_Test
I've been looking for a reason to start playing this again. Could roll up a character on that faction and join you guys :D I play EP on my highest character, which isn't much at about level 9.

agnosticangel

Lieutenant
Jan 11, 2016
RSI Handle
Agnosticangel
@Montoya I started with high elf sorc and I have mastered all the skill trees. The game does allow you to pick any race and pact and advance all the weapon lines and armor lines. It's really open ended. But I play ESO for magic. So high elf sorc it was. Lots of fun as I can be a stamina sorc or magic sorc and there's a spell that converts either to either , really cool stuff, I had most fun two handed sorc and dps single target ( elemental staff, crystal frag, inner light , hardened ward etc) lol game is good.

Adiran

Admiral
Mar 28, 2015
RSI Handle
Adiran
Hmm, Ive been meaning to take a look at ESO.

What kind of build should I go for?

I like two handed big sword stuff or archer.

Does it work like Skyrim?
it all depends. the nice thing is as you level you can have both. Its nothing like skyrium when it comes to combat. I would suggest starting off with the bow then when you hit 15 i think it is and unlock ability to have a 2nd weapon go 2hand. then you can have bow skills for initial engagement and have the 2hander to finish them off or when they get next to you.

If you are going thoes 2 they also both use the same stats (stam) so going wear wolf is a good thing to do as that buffs your stam and the only down side to it is when you are in wolf form. so if you never shift there is never a down side to it.

Forgot your password?