Esperia Prowler LTI $425

Dalarast

Space Marshal
Oct 29, 2014
RSI Handle
Dalarast
425.... I was thinking this was going to be a small little boarding like vessel. So expected a lower price. But perhaps this will be something than I imagined and may well be worth the price. Or maybe the price will relate to the price of the Glaive due to the rarity and "alien" feel.

Oh. Outraged. Damn right I'm outraged. I need a table to break.... wait is that chips and salsa. Okay... I'm good now.

Han Burgundy

Space Marshal
Jan 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Han-Burgundy
When will they stop getting distracted coming up with $400 JPEGs to sell us? It's getting a tad ridiculous at this point....As long as you hype fueled bastards keep prying your wallets open for them, they will keep coming up with these sales until their backlog is unmanageable. Cool it with the freakin' scope-creep, CIG, and put those artists to work fleshing out other pieces of this great universe of yours!
(I know everything about everything, so I have the ability to know for a fact that they are slowing world building by devoting 94% of their artists to drawing concept ships. I have no experience with video game development but I managed a pizza place once, which is essentially the same thing, so I think we can all agree that I personally know what's best for the future of Star Citizen. Chris, my people will call your people.)

Bruttle

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 20, 2016
RSI Handle
Bruttle
Well, $425 is more than the Connie, Starfarer, BMM, and many other large ships. I'm a bit surprised considering that some of the descriptions were things like "due to it's silence" and "using a variety of techniques to minimize it's signature and get close to unsuspecting vessels".

I'll reserve my judgement for a week to see what they have in mind. Honestly though, it'd better be something spectacular. The locals are already restless. The last thing they want to do right now is kick their customers in the junk and tell them to smile. Quite a few people feel like they just got slapped in the face. When it comes down to it, at that price, customers can just go out and buy a brand new PS4 Pro and a steak dinner instead.

When will they stop getting distracted coming up with $400 JPEGs to sell us? It's getting a tad ridiculous at this point....As long as you hype fueled bastards keep prying your wallets open for them, they will keep coming up with these sales until their backlog is unmanageable. Cool it with the freakin' scope-creep, CIG, and put those artists to work fleshing out other pieces of this great universe of yours!
This was actually a concern of mine that has been clawing at me from the start. I get it. CIG has massive overhead right now. However, we've already given them $130,000,000. Just to give an example of how much that is, if you were to stack $100 bills on top of each other, a 130 million dollar stack would be higher than the great pyramid in Giza. That's a ton of money (literally, almost 1.5 tons). That can buy an unbelievable amount. What it can't buy apparently, is Star Citizen.

But I digress, it is just too easy to only see ship after ship come out while year after year goes by without a full game. Like I said though, I get it. These things take time. Most of the time I am perfectly happy with how things are going. But then I see stuff like the new prowler coming out for more than my car payment. It's tough to stay positive some times.

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
I wonder when they'll offer ships under $100 again. If ever.
Considering that (most of) the profession flagships cost $350, I'm curious to see what the Prowler actually does for its price.
Or is this some kind of "hey, we're a bit stuck for cash, we're offering Auroras and Mustangs for $250 a piece" move?

Forgot your password?