Exploration Exploration Guide (What we know so far)

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
you cant put more power to engines if all the power is spooling the drive
The fun part with decoupled is that you don't put any power to your engines. You use power to gain speed, but once you reach your speed and go decoupled, no energy is spend to move your ship towards were your nose is pointing. You only use your maneuvering thrusters to turn around but your vector will stay the same. I once played a space sim which used this newtonian flight model, I-War or Independence War.

I don't use decoupled to fly. When you get hit by an EMP, you don't have any energy, but if you hit decoupled before the EMP blast, your speed and vector will stay the same.

Probably SC also will prevent this escape possibility to keep gameplay interesting, just like you first must be at speed 0 before you can leave your cockpit.

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
yes its the ramp up in speed you cannot do because in decoupled mode your engines are not slowing you down or able to speed you up. so being decoupled would prevent you from going to quantum.
I knew that CIG would find a good reason to prevent this escape possibility, it is even a plausible one.

Nightlane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 26, 2017
RSI Handle
Nightlane
I have in my list an 890J which have a lot of possibilities to be one of my final ships. Can I use it and be part of exploring expeditions of the org?? :-)

Reactions: Talonsbane

Adiran

Admiral
Mar 28, 2015
RSI Handle
Adiran
that is entirly up to you. are you willing to pay for the fuel ect to run the ship in the fleet? i dont see it being a key part of it but if you choose to bring it that is entirly up to you lol.

Forgot your password?